Windows Programming - December 2014

[C\C++ - win32] - how can i get the desktop toolbar and window caption bar HWND?

how can i get the window caption bar HWND? (i have see some browsers using come controls on caption bar: menus(like firefox) and tabs(like chrome))
[10 replies] Last: Search for following functions: FindWindowEx FindWindow GetWindow (by leozhang)
Implementation of FFTW into a wrapper DLL

IDE: Visual Studio 2013 OS: Windows 8.1 Hello, I was able to successfully implement FFTW (Fast Fourier Frequency Transform in the west) in a test file. Ho...
[1 reply] : Could I please get some help? I think the easiest way would be to get... (by supracharger)
Passing LPTSTR Parameter to DLL gives Access Violation in C++ project

I'm calling a function in an undocumented DLL which unpacks a file. There must be a mistake in the way the header is declared / allocated but can't figure ou...
[2 replies] Last: You're passing an LPSTR that points to null instead of a StringBuilder... (by kbw)
by Phiru
Scanning alphabets I draw with mouse?

What I want to do is to scan pixels and match it with alphabet like scan fingerprint. So, I draw line with mouse on the screen, scan it to find similar alphabet...
[no replies]
by sambos
grouping function parameters?

Hi all, I have a function that is used MANY times through out my program. This function takes multiple parameters. However, these parameters vary depending of ...
[2 replies] Last: Hi Zhuge, Thanks for the reply and the links. I haven't used struct o... (by sambos)
tetris game

I want to make tetris game ! so can anyone help me by giving any code or thing to find out the main reason behind the game ! also i want to use standard templat...
[1 reply] : There are a lot of links and helpful tips on this site: http://www.dr... (by jetz5)
Weird Characters appear when reading from .txt file

I am trying to read from a file that has two lines of text. The text in the text file looks like this: Name HP ProBook 6470b but the out...
[1 reply] : Could you please print out the code? It would be a lot easier to help ... (by jetz5)
by N10
play songs in background

i was trying to make a game where i nedd to play a song during the game play I use playsound() function but each time , on each iteration it starts from the ...
[1 reply] : Maybe this might help: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8804880/use-... (by jetz5)
create a text file

hi i am new to programming and i was wondering if it was possible to write a program that will create a text file? i am using Microsoft visual studio
[2 replies] Last: You could also check out these tutorials: The New Boston https://www.... (by jetz5)
service to periodically run another program

I want to write a service that will run a program after a period. I have been following some sample service codes on MSDN. Any pointers?
[6 replies] Last: Here's a pointer: 0xa12cf17c50 (by loopdydoo)
[C\C++ - win32] - using WM_SYSCOMMAND: can i get the menu handle and position?

using the WM_SYSCOMMAND message: can i get the menu handle? (i can use the GetSystemMenu(), but don't give me what menu handle was clicked :( )
[1 reply] : using the WM_INITMENUPOPUP message i can get the menu handle: static... (by Cambalinho)
Wininet Trouble...

Ok i been battling with this script. it uses Wininet API to send data to a php server, The thing is, i am using a GET statement, it is supposed to get the dat...
[no replies]
Loop image c++ 2010 express

Hi guys, Sitting and program a game and stuck a bit in the loop function. I have tried and tried, but not found any answers. My question is: how to loop a...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1/#msg6680 (by kbw)
DUMPBIN.EXE - How to get the functions created from an .exe?

I can only see DLLs by /EXPORTS. What should I use when using .EXE?
[2 replies] Last: Well... that's not happy to hear (read). But ok, thank you :). (by iQChange)
to_string error (sfml)

I got this error: error LNK2001: Unresolved external symbol ""class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __cdecl...
[1 reply] : got it: #include <sstream> #include <string> std::ostringstream os... (by SkillsXP)
switch with a string

Is there a way to do that?: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int a = 0; string save = "ccc"; int main(){ switch(std::atoi(save.c_str()))...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you Grey Wolf (by SkillsXP)
Console won't display colored rectangles.

From time to time when I compile my program the console won't display 3 green rectangles and the text in them. If I cout a string it always shows it.Also the r...
[no replies]
hello i need help with windows.h command

ShellExecute(NULL, L"open", L"www.google.com",NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWMINNOACTIVE ); SW_SHOWMINNOACTIVE = its parameter there are many parameters i want a param...
[2 replies] Last: guys (by Tommy1998)
Fastest way to copy/paste a file to many destinations

What is the fastest way to copy a file located in: C:\Test\copyMe.exe to destinations: F:\myNewName.exe F:\My Music\myNewName.exe F:\My Videos\myNewName.e...
[9 replies] Last: @naraku9333 did you even read the topic? Note 3: I'm talking about th... (by SkYWAGz)
by jxbma
Why is node insertion with Boost Library's PTNode/PTree not working in MSVC C++?

Hi: I'm currently working on a Microsoft (unmanaged) C++ project which utilitizes Boost C++ libraries. It's been quite a while since I've done C++ and I ha...
[no replies]
December 2014 Pages: 123... 5
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.