Windows Programming - December 2016

by jd0205
How do I use ping to set an alarm?

Hi, I'm kind of new to this stuff. So I was looking around google on how to use ping ip addresses, but I could only find instructions on how to do a ping and...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, I don't know why I didn't think of that before -_- (by jd0205)
window I've created stop working

Hi guys, I'm a new user and not sure if this question should go in the begginers sections :S My problem is that if I resize a window I've created and hold down...
[8 replies] Last: Or maybe Windows API hasn't changed that much over time (I yet don't... (by freddie1)
No such file or directory #include <TMatrixD.h>

Hi guys, I tried to install MinGW on my windows machine and the C++ compiler seems to work. But when I try to compile a code with some ROOT commands I get th...
[no replies]
Consecutive Positive Divisors

So im trying to solve this problem Find the number of integers 1 < n < 10^7, for which n and n + 1 have the same number of positive divisors. For example, 14 h...
[2 replies] Last: [Would you like to move your post into the "General C++ Programming" ... (by lastchance)
by RobCh
Linking freeglut, in Codeblocks using Mingw, Windows 10 64 bit

I need to link my program with the freeglut libraries (that is freeglut.h which in turn links to freeglut_ext and freeglut_std) I have done this on Raspbian suc...
[no replies]
A Simple GUI for an incredibly strong checkers engine

This may sound strange or even funny to some of the readership here, but I already have a really strong checkers engine as a 64-bit console app built with Visua...
[8 replies] Last: Those punched cards were a great challenge when learning programming... (by freddie1)
Creating remote desktop in WINAPI c++

To make a Remote desktop application, one needs to understand the concept of screen capture, now i can do screen capture but i also needed to enable remote scre...
[no replies]
Using Batch, how to determine whether or not you are connected to a WiFi network?

Using netsh wlan connect name="your network_name" you can request to connect to a WiFi network, but can't be sure whether or not you are connected. So, in ...
[1 reply] : What you could do is simply have the program ping a reliable well know... (by popa6200)
by alexp
Counting lines doesn't work

I am new to programming and am following a book about C++ programming. When I type the following code and click "Debug" I get a black screen and nothing happens...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you! (by alexp)
by ekorad
freezing combo box

Hello, I'm trying to get a drop-down combo box to work. The problem is, when I open the combo box, the entire window freezes until I press the Escape key. When...
[1 reply] : int main() { return WinMain(GetModuleHandle(nullptr), nullptr, nullp... (by Thomas1965)
MS SQL Server

Hi all. My problem conserns Microsoft SQL Server. When I try to connect SQL Server get the error message : "Cannot open user default database" What is it? ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for information (by DATan32)
How to convert any file to .exe with C++

I tried to convert any files to portable executable file (.exe). for example i have a ".evm" file format. i should to convert this file to .exe with C++. Of ...
[2 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40190321/how-to-convert-any-file-to... (by toren3321)
How to stop edit control from beeping?

I have an edit control and a send button. I have used the following code to subclass the edit control and to capture the press of the "Enter" key: WNDPROC O...
[3 replies] Last: These beeps are coming from the CEdit implementation (in common contro... (by toren3321)
by RIGHTS
Bit shift operation ?

i am trying to understand bit shift operand which are bit shift right and bit shift left. And bit masking ? I have been searching on web but. Can you please...
[1 reply] : Bit shifting operations will shift bits in the specified direction add... (by Golden Lizard)
Visual Studio 2015 using dll directories

Hi everyone, i'm using Visual Studio 2015 and i'm trying to configure my project so that it can use (find) dll files for different platforms/configurations. Th...
[no replies]
by RIGHTS
Bit shift on a string ?

using bit shift operator and a loop on a Hex value which represent ASCII value on string ; is it possible to go though the loop and represent from A - Z ? T...
[no replies]
Shell Extension file encrypt decrypt

Hi I want to make a shell extension to encrypt and decrypt files but I have absolutely no experience with shell extensions, I am looking for tutorials/guides on...
[1 reply] : Did you see this article? https://www.apriorit.com/dev-blog/357-shell-... (by Thomas1965)
by RIGHTS
what this code mean?

typedef int (WINAPI* t_WSASend)(SOCKET,LPWSABUF,DWORD,LPDWORD,DWORD,LPWSAOVERLAPPED,LPWSAOVERLAPPED_COMPLETION_ROUTINE ); Can you explain above code
[2 replies] Last: Thanks now i understand! (by RIGHTS)
Barebones 3D programming

Call me crazy, but I want to waste my life making a 3D game in codeblocks with nothing but c++ 11. Any methods? And dont say to use directx, opengl ,sdl, ect. I...
[6 replies] Last: The OP said he or she wanted to use text to make her or his game -- I ... (by andywestken)
Text console button?

I was wondering if there was a way to make a text button?
[4 replies] Last: I'm only 12, I started programming when I was 8, ok. I still don't kno... (by TheScripterGeek)
December 2016 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [nov2016] [jan2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.