Windows Programming - December 2018

MFC List Control sorting

How do I go about sorting items in a list control, All columns contain strings/dates, I have searched a lot but all references are pretty old and outdated. I wa...
[7 replies] Last: > Not getting any error message, the program just crashes. So run it ... (by salem c)
How do I include classes from inside a Windows .dll file.

This is probably a relatively covered question. I have attempted to follow various other tutorials on this question online, without any success. I am using Wi...
[14 replies] Last: All of this only applies to my situation if I am in a position to alte... (by poweruserm)
Eliza Lite?

I'm trying to make a version of Eliza in C++, where you type in a keyword and you get said response. I'm hoping to make this work and then move towards full sen...
[2 replies] Last: Another option would be to use a map to map keywords to phrases. (by Thomas1965)
Is it possible to create a custom temporary explorer folder?

Hi, i'm working on a shell program that helps organizing files by custom categories and tags; Ideally all the files will be thrown in a common folder, and the ...
[7 replies] Last: in case someone ends up in this topic, since there's very little on th... (by barnack)
by bambys
having issues with ifstream / copying stuff to clipboard

this is basically supposed to read the text file and copy the contents and paste them into the program that's currently active line by line #include <iostrea...
[1 reply] : Try reading the complete file into a string and copy the whole string ... (by Thomas1965)
how run the GNU mingw compiler with arguments?

i had found these program: void run(string FileName, string Parameters="") { SHELLEXECUTEINFO ShExecInfo; ShExecInfo.cbSize = sizeof(SHELLEXECUTEIN...
[2 replies] Last: after several tryies i can make it work and thinking now that i was fo... (by Cambalinho)
How do I get the Window Handle for a Win32 Desktop application running on Sierra Chart and Setup Message Loop?

I'm writing an ACSIL/C++ program that runs in Sierra Chart. I'm trying to open a modeless dialog box from a Shortcut Menu item. The dialog box would accept text...
[6 replies] Last: No it is not crashing anymore. SCSFExport is required for Sierra Char... (by doetrader)
Parse Data from txt file while its open with another program?

Is this possible to do and how can I do this with WIN API? I would prefer to use <fstream> but I want to learn the WIN API as well. Thanks! Sanction
[1 reply] : It depends on the file mode the other programs opens the file. Try re... (by Thomas1965)
How to get a file HWND

I'm trying to figure out how I can get the handle of a file from location? GetHandle("C://Temp/file.txt");
[2 replies] Last: Ahhh.. I see now it Create or Opens a file.. Okay thankyou that what I... (by Sanction)
by berce
writing an array inside the for loop with if statement

Hi Everyone! #include <string> #include <cmath> #include <array> #include <iostream> //#include <cstdlib> #include <exception> #include <memory> using name...
[4 replies] Last: > when I reload(execute) it without closing, value of variable(average... (by salem c)
Sending Heart beats to client, to keep socket connection alive?

Hello, I have set a 2 minute time out on recv() using setsockopt (client side). To keep socket connection alive, server sends a heartbeat to all connected clien...
[3 replies] Last: Well you need to ensure that the whole response is sent. Eg. ssize_t... (by salem c)
by thx
[Help]How to install NCurses Correctly

I'm a little confused as to how I install NCurses. Where do I copy it to, I'm using an outdated IDE - will this effect, how do I use it?
[1 reply] : Where did you download it from? What OS are you using? What compiler... (by salem c)
by lpt0
int aus zufälligem seed

Deutsch: Ich möchte ein Programm in C ++ schreiben, in dem der Benutzer einen Seed eingeben kann, der 2 verschiedene "Zufallszahlen" generiert. Diese Zahlen so...
[1 reply] : rand() calculates the numbers. See: http://www.cplusplus.com/referenc... (by coder777)
how find a folder name?

i have these function for get the entire folder name: string FindDirectory(std::string FindDirectoryName , std::string StartDirectory="C:") { WIN32_FIND_DA...
[no replies]
missing events when using MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx

Hi everyone! I am missing some events when executing 'MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx'. If you execute this example: #include <windows.h> #include <iost...
[5 replies] Last: Hi coder777, you were right, that's not what I wanted and I think I ju... (by hebrerillo)
where do I find/create txt file TextFile1.txt?

In this sample code where do I create file with filename TextFile1.txt? I am using VS2017. #include "pch.h" #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #inc...
[13 replies] Last: most likely something like... In Visual studio, when the arrangement... (by rossi123)
old sloppy d3d11

I'm searching for an updated and organized book to learn the DirectX 11 API, but I can only find Frank D Luna's book Introduction to 3D game programming with Di...
[1 reply] : may not be much of an answer but I thought dx was mostly backwards com... (by jonnin)
by shymaa
what aahook.dll used for ? How it is differ from whook.dll?

am trying to build an GUI automated app, and these 2 libraries where used by different application related to GUI automation. i tried to see documentation about...
[no replies]
erro window 10 ?

Which problem? Your laptop shutting down? Your laptop updating as it shuts down? Your work not being saved (or whatever you mean by 'influence')? That there...
[2 replies] Last: Just so you know, this is a programming forum, not IT support. (by Ganado)
  Archived months: [nov2018] [jan2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.