Windows Programming - February 2012

Embedding a console window within a GUI app

Hey Guys, So basically I want to have a console within a GUI app, so it should have like menus and buttons in the left column of the GUI app for instance an...
[3 replies] Last: There are a few tricks like get a handle to that console window and mo... (by modoran)
Change STATIC background color on mousemove

Yes, I know that STATIC control are not the way, they are old, bla, bla bla, but I want to try this, too. So, can you give me some ideas about how would I chang...
[1 reply] : You need to subclass both the static control itself and the parent dia... (by modoran)
by rtomi
c++ string

Hi! I have to write a programme where i should read string from a .TXT file. I have a problem with it. There are words in this file which are separated with ...
[4 replies] Last: wasn't it because he runs at old compiler? you can see it in his heade... (by chipp)
VS is lieing to me lnk errors

so my VS is telling me that these files are missing debugging information...now the files they wont don't belong to me they were given to me by my uni course an...
[4 replies] Last: The debug files have a .pdb extension. Typically, only debug builds g... (by kbw)
Best way of refreshing after scrolling

After scrolling an EDIT control that contains text and images I use this to refresh the window: void refresh(HWND hwnd){ RECT ControlWindowRect; GetWi...
[6 replies] Last: This is C++ not XHTML. Can I use XHTML tags inside an EDIT control? (by alexbnc)
Regex problem?

Hi guys, I need your help, I am using C++/CLI to code my program. I have got a problem with the regex pattern. I couldn't be able to extract the hyperlink fr...
[3 replies] Last: Maybe with a regex like this (not tested): images\.php\?id=([0-9]{1... (by modoran)
Associate a dialogue to a window

I got through the "Hello World" example of Win32 from http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/ however there is still something that I am missing. My resource file ...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, a dialog can have a menu, created with resource editor. (by modoran)
need help! trying to create basic encrypting program

Hi there! i'm trying to create a basic encrypting program that will just change letters. example: a to c and so on. I have written the code on to my visual stud...
[12 replies] Last: No problem :) (by kbw)
Multiple instances of the same application

Hi. Can you tell me some practical uses (if they are) and advantages of using multiple instances in the same application (like creating two windows, each one ha...
[4 replies] Last: Mmmmmmmm. That works. Thanks! (by alexbnc)
windows 7 *.exe has stopped working

hi, i have recently noticed that when using code::blocks with mingw, i purposely coded for a runtime error (endless recursion) but the program crashes with an ...
[3 replies] Last: No, there are debuggers for that. They will print the stack trace and ... (by Athar)
looking for c++ program

im new to c++ and im not sure which compiler to use.
[2 replies] Last: on windows, i prefer visual c++ (you can use visual c++ express for fr... (by intmain311)
Need help with skinning

I created a skinnable CD Player in 2002 originally, in 2012 I began development of it once again. It uses skins and I need help. I forgot a lot of the codebase ...
[no replies]
Scrollbar doesn't work

Well, now I have to add a scroll-bar to a STATIC control that contains other controls with text. I have tried to adapt the code from Microsoft and I broke every...
[6 replies] Last: Done. I have a little problem now. The control content is not re-drawn... (by alexbnc)
by Baso
QT || MFC

Hello everybody... Actually I'm a beginner C++, I've been already coding for console,but now I think it's the time to move to window application, So my qu...
[7 replies] Last: But if your worried about employment after graduation, go with the o... (by Baso)
How to Disable auto run in safe mode

I am trying to disable autorun of non platform programs for a windows 8 computer. To do this i just start the computer in safe mode then bring up the prompt r...
[1 reply] : Sorry i mean windows 7. (by Hollywoodcarltonb)
decrypter special character problem

Hi there! me here again... I have been trying to make encrypter that just goes forward on alphabets. but at certain point alphabets run out and the program ...
[1 reply] : Unless this is homework, I really advice you to use Microsoft Crypto A... (by modoran)
DX COM Componant References

I am writing a game engine using Direct 3D 11, I have some experience with C++ and the DirectX sdk but have much, much more to learn. I will explain what I woul...
[no replies]
by ToniAz
Basic COM tutorial

Hello everyone! Would anyone recommend a simple COM tutorial, I eventually need to learn how to automate some functions in internet explorer and so on (confi...
[6 replies] Last: A really good book on ATL is Andrew Troelsen's "Developer's Workshop T... (by freddie1)
Win32 API Stupid question

Okay, so I've just started learning the Win32 API from the Microsoft Developer Network but I'm a little confused as to what I'm missing out. Here is the page I'...
[2 replies] Last: Its been my experience that memory corruption can very well muck up th... (by freddie1)
Determining 3D Object Dimensions

Hypothetically, would it be possible to open a 3D Image in binary format and use that to determine the dimensions of the object, and then make that equal the hi...
[no replies]
February 2012 Pages: 123... 9
  Archived months: [jan2012] [mar2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.