Windows Programming - February 2013 (Page 2)

by Steves
SFML help

Hi guys I havent coded in over a year and I just came back before I quit I was only doing console apps and I really want to try SFML so I can actually create gr...
[1 reply] : You are not linking your libraries correctly. First I don't believe yo... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
A weird error I don't understand.

I am getting the weirdest error ever when compiling my code. I am using the Eclipse compiler (I find it works very well, don't judge). Here is the code I am run...
[2 replies] Last: In what directory is supposed to be the executable ? Windows require a... (by modoran)
Printing out variables in PDCurses

When using PDCurses I tried getting it to print out a character from a table that was made earlier, it looks like this mvprintw(y, x, sTileIndex .nCharacter);...
[4 replies] Last: np (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Combine string into object!

I'm writing the code for slot machine using class type. And the professor said that I need to combine 3 strings into an object and return it. I have tried like ...
[1 reply] : Have you considered using numbers to represent the positions on each w... (by kbw)
by tib20
regex_replace blocks the compilation

I made a program on MacOS, but now I want to make it compatible with Windows. So I compiled my libraries in Windows, created a Code::Blocks project, and startin...
[1 reply] : Use this: #include <regex> string str = "hey guys"; str = regex_repla... (by modoran)
Edit control displaying a txt file

I am using a edit control to display a text file using c++ file functions. The text does not use the new line characters and i don't think it is using the tab ...
[no replies]
Problem with LPSTR and managed c++ wrapper

I need to write a dll in a managed c++ wrapper String* GetResponse(String* response) { // calling SendResponse() } for a dll with a function d...
[4 replies] Last: To start with, if String is System::String, the signature of the manag... (by andywestken)
Load Bitmap Dynamically from a file and display in win32

I'm creating an application in which I'll have to display an image. The main thing is- I'll have to load image dynamically and then display it without saving i...
[1 reply] : windows does have a LoadImage winapi function. http://msdn.microsoft... (by guestgulkan)
Filling up the heap with class objects

Even though I am using Visual C++, I confess I’ve have always preferred and used just C features in my windows programming. I have decided to try class obje...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, Disch, for a thoughtful reply. It looks like you edited yo... (by Sir Roland)
Trouble Creating Pointer to Function for use with CreateThread

Hi all, I want to start by apologizing if this is in the wrong forum - I wasn't sure if it would be best put in beginner, windows, or general. I am having...
[14 replies] Last: Yes, multiple threads can run on separate cores. (by Disch)
creating a Registry key

Hey I want to create a new key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,"Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run I tried the below codes but they didn't work int ma...
[1 reply] : It requires administrator priveleges to write in that location. If you... (by modoran)
EnumProcesses()

I wrote a basic code to retrieve the list of processes by EnumProcesses() in Psapi. I open VS2012 in admin mode. During debugging the code succesfully retrieves...
[no replies]
Sending Messages to child windows

I'm trying to send a message from the parent window to the child window that makes the child resize when the parent does. I get an unhandled exception when I tr...
[1 reply] : Sending WM_SIZE won't work. Use MoveWindow(). That takes the same si... (by freddie1)
Help with Poject Euler 10?

hey so I'm working on solving all of the Project Euler problems and I'm stuck at 10. My code keeps giving me a number that's close, but i think I'm off by about...
[2 replies] Last: Rather than cast between long/double all over the place... why not jus... (by Disch)
by Phiru
How to user CString.Format with CString?

I have a two CString var with using MFC. CString a = "abc"; CString b = "def"; And int c = 5; I want to display "abc05def". However, this code blow d...
[2 replies] Last: CString strC; strC.Format("%s%02d%s", a, b, c); you need a new CStri... (by ATQXML)
Mandelbrot screen display

I am having much trouble generating a screen display of the basic Mandelbrot set. What I get is superficially like a full Mandelbrot set but greatly different ...
[2 replies] Last: Hey, It's working pretty nicely. I'm a bit new at Microsoft programmin... (by newbieg)
What is wrong with my function?

void ReadScript(int WhichScript) { bool Started = false; bool InCondition = false; fpos_t pos; char temp ; sprintf(temp, "Script/%d%s", WhichScr...
[5 replies] Last: But it does run code in the while it just never run code in the if pa... (by tianajrp)
by Phiru
How to use printf for CString??

I tried it like this, but it didn't work. CString str = "abcde"; printf("str = %s\n", str.getBuffer()); -> output : a printf("str = %s\n", (LPCTSTR)st...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks kbw. :) (by Phiru)
by giblit
Help with QMap in Qt (1,2)

QMap works find for me when I only have 2 QStrings I need to put into it by using this code: QMap<QString, QString> variable; What I would like to do thou...
[21 replies] Last: yay got the basics done! thanks everyone just need to finish it up by ... (by giblit)
wsprintf and swprintf functions and floating point numbers

Apparently these wide character versions of sprintf don't format floating point numbers. This is a problem when using Visual C++ 2010 Express as downloaded sin...
[6 replies] Last: If that post was too long... here's the jist of it: Regardless of wh... (by Disch)
February 2013 Pages: 1234... 6
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.