Windows Programming - February 2013 (Page 4)

Convert string to key

Hello, is there any way to convert a string of a key, such as "A" or "Shift" into a char or VK_Keycode? Thanks.
[8 replies] Last: Ok, thanks. I'll probably make a function for it then. (by SoapChicken)
Check if process is running

How can I check if a process is running in c++? This is my current code: bool isRunning(string pName) { unsigned long aProcesses , cbNeeded, cProcesses; ...
[2 replies] Last: Your code works for me with "notepad.exe" for pName, but I've only tri... (by andywestken)
by zukias
How to create a C++ DLL for Excel VBA using visual studio 2008?

I have just watched a video tutorial on how to set up a C++ DLL file to call in Excel VBA. I'm just doing a simple one to start off with. So I open a new win32 ...
[no replies]
by Skuzzi
Can't run my C++ Win32 program

Trying to run this code, I can't see anything wrong with it. I'm using VC++2010. When it opens it doesn't do anything, maybe that's just on my computer? ...
[1 reply] : It does work. I've tweaked it a bit. I've removed the ATL strings (u... (by kbw)
Wave Animation for Tic Tac Toe Game

I am currently building a Tic Tac Toe game for a class, and for something a little extra, I wanted to have a background that moves (behind the actual tic tac to...
[no replies]
Question ...??

Hi Can anyone tell me what does this mean or what it does? #define URL_REG_EXPR "[A-Za-z]+://[A-Za-z0-9_\\-\\+~.:?&@=/%#,;\\{\\}\\(\\)\\/*\\*/\\[\\]\\|...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply, very informative( more than I can handle). I am... (by detroit)
LoadBitmapFromFile Issue

I have been tinkering around with this code for the past couple of days. I am trying to create a bitmap brush, thus trying to load a bitmap from a file. I went ...
[15 replies] Last: Thanks for all the help. I figured it out, it was a combination of th... (by dwaseem)
Please solve my basic task!

A. Displacement Write a C++ program that will ask the user to enter the initial velocity and the final velocity of a moving object in linear motion. Likewise,...
[2 replies] Last: First you have to come up wit the math solutions( formulas) then you w... (by detroit)
Window Client Area

I have created a windows with WS_SIZEBOX so the user can resize it. This window contains a Header View and a List View. When I change the size of the window, ne...
[1 reply] : You are using the wrong rectangle; rc_v = (RECT*)lParam_p; //ERROR ... (by guestgulkan)
GUI Help

Hello all, I'm taking my first venture into programming a GUI using C++. Specifically, I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express. I have created a Windows F...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you AHCFan20. I'm not sure what a factory is, so I'm going with... (by Chris Walton)
Drawing Layer/Fringe for tile engine SDL

for some reason the code i wrote doesnt work the way i expected it doesnt draw overlap image at all. This is my Map and Layer class (the map contain the lay...
[1 reply] : I see a few problems. The main one (which might be causing your prob... (by Disch)
Sorting 2 Dimensional Array problem.Need help.

Hi, I am new in C++ programming. I got a question that I don't know how to answer. It is about sorting two dimensional arrays. So here is the question. I mus...
[no replies]
Program only responds if selected!

I have created a simple keylogger-like program, my only problem is it only gets keys if it is selected. I want it to work even if other windows are above it...
[no replies]
My program

I need help with my program, I don't understand why this does not work. The Content was too long, ill send the other part in another message Part 1 of Code: ...
[6 replies] Last: don't worry, i didn't find it as rude. Youdid repliy quite fast... 3 ... (by Code Apperentice)
by kruszi
emulation of scroolwheel

Hi guys, first of all pleas excuse my rather bad English spelling. Well I am searching for a way to emulate a scrollwheel rotation. I need to scroll much mor...
[5 replies] Last: OH my god - I am a absolute dumb idiot. mouse_event(MOUSEEVENT_WHEE... (by kruszi)
Recommended Websites?

Hey there, I've been coding in C++ for a while now and I'm looking to move from the console to writing windows programs, are there any good web resources or boo...
[2 replies] Last: Hey, another resource for windows programming is the help files if you... (by newbieg)
CreateThread (someTimes run ok and other it doesn't)

Hi! This is my first post. I'm programming a TCP communication module with Visual Studio 2010. I create a client object and before the constructor ends I...
[no replies]
compresed c++ files

I need to compress multiple c++ source files and images does any one know how to do that?????
[5 replies] Last: WinRAR can compress them to one file... (by Code Apperentice)
Global variables

Where would I put a global variable in a windows form application?
[1 reply] : You could put it into the stdafx.h header. (by drew887)
Getting Battery Information

I am working on a project to get battery information in windows, i found this page http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa372698%28v=vs.85%2...
[no replies]
February 2013 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.