Windows Programming - February 2013 (Page 5)

Text box for typing?

How can I create a small text box inside a message box? I find some sites, but they confuse me lot. I have only made a message box, but dont know how to get th...
[3 replies] Last: A MessageBox is a pre-made dialog box with limited functionality that ... (by Disch)
by ionuto
Memwatcher - show Options Dialog

Hello all, I am playing since a couple of days with this sample: Memwatcher (today item on Windows Mobile 6). Source code of memwatcher.cpp can be seen here: ...
[no replies]
C++ HELP

I don't even know where to start. Use ADT technique to design a class Queue and use this ADT Queue for the following tasks: a. Your program asks for the user...
[no replies]
using fopen() for reading hard drives.

i was trying to open hard drive for raw reading and writing, fopen() successfully opens it but when i tried to jump to specific offset on that drive using fseek...
[1 reply] : problem solved, just needed to open it in binary mode. (by time to c)
Bitmap Display From buffer received by tcp socket

I want to display my image on window without saving it. When data is received window size changes but there is no display on window. My Code is: int iBuf...
[no replies]
CArry in Variant

is there any way to store values in CArry in Variant ??
[no replies]
Fatal Error / Unsolved External

I keep on getting this error. 1>------ Build started: Project: SomethingElse, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ 1>LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external ...
[1 reply] : What project did you choose ? Empty project ? Create a new win32 - co... (by modoran)
by tajwan
stop and close console

How stop console and close to X not Press enter to exit....
[5 replies] Last: Use Google translator. What do you mean to X? (by CroCo)
What is NTDEF.h? Why am I getting half a million errors on it? :(

One of my header files uses NTDEF.h...I located this header file in the system... The code of the header is as follows: #ifndef _NTDEF_H #define _NTDEF_H...
[3 replies] Last: This is Microsoft documentation about these errors: http://msdn.micro... (by modoran)
by Phiru
I am making custom scrollbar.

And i got a problem with calculating thumb position. this is my calculation. m_curPos = (m_rectThumbPos.CenterPoint().y * m_nMaxValue)/rectScrollbar.Hei...
[no replies]
by wmdino
Visual C++ and API

All, I am getting back into programming with C++ after an extended time away from the field. I did a little GUI programming with Delphi many years ago but neve...
[1 reply] : You'll need to use a framework (which is what Delphi is, it isn't just... (by kbw)
by kwnan
How to calculate processing time in millscounds

I want to calculate processing time in milliseconds as most of function I found give me in second. I am new user to C++. Regards
[1 reply] : You can do something like this: __int64 iCountsPerSec; __int64 iTim... (by Ogoyant)
Menu Items

I'm trying to go through the windows library to try and learn as much as I can until I can get my hands on a petzold's book. I'm stuck on the example on this ...
[2 replies] Last: You know, that's the hint that I needed. I made an .rc file that only ... (by newbieg)
Class Inheritance question

Hello all, I have something like the following classes: class appClass { public: //... protected: inputClass input; }; class inputClass { public: //... ...
[no replies]
by Phiru
How to load cursor image??

I can change cursor image and it works with resource file or ID. And I want to load cursor image from certain path like "./data/image/a.png". But I don't ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. (by Phiru)
any EXPERT c++ coders in here?

the title says it all lol....any EXPERT c++ coders in here? please respond below or PM me. i am looking for a full-time coder for various projects.
[1 reply] : This should go under Jobs or Lounge. Not Windows Programming at all. A... (by S G H)
windows Message box

for some reason this is a rather hard subject to get info on. all I want is a message box no window. can someone show me a simple windows program that uses the ...
[5 replies] Last: This is a simple messagebox #include <windows.h> int main(){ Messa... (by mausy131)
Geometry in Programming

Imagine you have a 2d plane in C++, where the X go from 0 to MaxX (there is no negative X) and a Y go from 0 to MaxY (go down, not up like normal irl geometry, ...
[1 reply] : int column = id % maxX ; int row = id / maxX ; box.x = c... (by cire)
Output color

I've seen a lot of people who need help with color output so i wrote this program which should help #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> #include ...
[1 reply] : Do not use that integer constants as parameter to SetConsoleTextAttrib... (by modoran)
qt GUI

I am trying to get qt to work on my windows xp system. I have been able to install qt creator, but it will not create an application. I think i am suppose to ...
[3 replies] Last: With regards to using QT with MSVC 2008 or 2010 or 2012 - then QT do... (by guestgulkan)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 3456
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.