Windows Programming - February 2014

Help with sound program

I need ideas on what to start researching in order to write a driver(doesn't have to be a driver) that will give me the ability to choose a running process ie...
[3 replies] Last: That's perfect! Thank you. Now I can spend the next several nights try... (by ultratoke)
Passsing struct into class memebr function

Hey everyone. I'm having a problem passing my struct into my class member function. I feel it's redundant to have a structure in both the class and the main pro...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! I think that was part of my problem. The other part is the way... (by Notamongsheep)
How do I remove the debug console?

Hey, when I compile my program, everything works perfectly but there is that console showing up with my program. When I close the console, my program ends. How ...
[1 reply] : Compile with -mwindows . In the linker settings for your project, you... (by TwilightSpectre)
Accessing variables with cout not working

Hello (first post), Please help. I've been programming with C++ on Windows for years, but all of a sudden my code will not work. I was using Dev-C++, I'm now...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, it's working now. I think there was something wrong with the l... (by tullivan)
by soranz
class.h for child window

COverlayDlg will be a modeless child dialog in MFC. I'm trying to add the ability to send messages to the parent dialog window TableDlg. What could be wrong her...
[7 replies] Last: The reason why the problem happened was probably this: // TableDlg.... (by S G H)
C++ SMS SDK for Visual Studio - SMS Gateway

After reading this guide (http://ozekisms.com/index.php?owpn=376&info=developers-guide/cpp-sms-api) about sending/receiving SMS messages using a C++ SMS API, 'm...
[no replies]
by LyeS
Simple .exe program

Hi, i want to create an exe program that open other executables (a compiler and a linker for intel 8051 microprocessor) The compiler is A8051.exe The linker is ...
[8 replies] Last: Open up a cmd window, right-click the title bar, click "Properties", g... (by long double main)
by Garion
Using Menu Resources

I've been slowly working my way through the winforgers tutorial and I think I somewhat understand how to create and use menu resources when the program runs (ie...
[2 replies] Last: you wan't WM_COMMAND not WM_SYSCOMMAND (by Yanson)
Wince6.0 - closing multiple modeless child dialog from parent window

I am new to VC++ window programming. I created a small window application using MFC. From the parent window, I can create an instance of Modeless dialog from a ...
[no replies]
by i223a
Forms TextBox

I have a form which contains a TextBox. If I try to programmatically Paste text from the Clipboard into to it it doesn't work. if ( Clipbo...
[no replies]
how to get system info

I am creating a program that would get the system information of of the system, like version #, and determine if the program is compatible. I was wondering if t...
[1 reply] : Yes, there is GetVersionInfoEx() API: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/... (by modoran)
Advice on Charles Petzoid's Windows Book?

I am talking about the Fifth Edition, of course. I just want to ask a couple questions. 1) Is it in C++ ? 2) Is it worth buying it since it is 1998? Wouldn't...
[3 replies] Last: Ok thanks both you guys its a big help (by AceDawg45)
Error with void class calling

Here is the code: EmotionALPHA.cpp /* Emotion ALPHA Quiz version of the EmotionDetector idea. http://projects.icbse.com/cpp-185 (Reference projec...
[no replies]
by kJoer
What you can do in c++ that c# can't?

And what are the advantages today of use native code?
[7 replies] Last: @modoran Ultimately, even if C# does not run directly in Kernel mode... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
Converting Something to C++ Need Help

I want to convert this phrase from basic to C++: IF SEATS=1 THEN K=K-.04 Any help?
[2 replies] Last: thank you (by Djmax444)
Need Help

I have a problem i learned in Basic this symbol <> i don't know what it is in C++ tho and i need that symbol for a program i am making. Any Help appreciated.
[2 replies] Last: thanks for your help. (by Djmax444)
Sending text and getting a response from Com Port

I am trying to do basic communication with a PLC I have connected to my Com Port and this just involves sending text and reading the response. I believe I did m...
[5 replies] Last: Hmmm....Strange are you sure the PLC itself is configured properly or ... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
Any recommended Windows Programming books?

I am thinking about Windows Via C / C++ by Jeffrey Richter, and is that good for a total noob windows programmer? Are there any extremely good ones? The MSDN Li...
[6 replies] Last: Hi, I would suggest you first learn the Windows API before attempting... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
by soranz
Brining a window to the foreground

Hi ! I would like it whenever the mouse hovers over a window that isn't in the foreground to bring that window to the foreground. It has to be for any window n...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks knn9. Do you know of a simple example showing how a global hoo... (by soranz)
by Garion
Error: Duplicate Case Value

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here but if somebody can offer some advice I'd appreciate it. First the error message I receive is: ...\main.cpp: In fu...
[2 replies] Last: *Slaps forehead* Thanks >_< (by Garion)
February 2014 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.