Windows Programming - February 2014 (Page 3)

String to variables

If I have a string such as "insert 56" how would I store insert into a separate string and 56 into an integer ? Thanks.
[16 replies] Last: You never said where you got your version of mingw from. I see mingw ... (by Garion)
Redefining Error When Compiling

I'm new here, sorry if I'm doing this wrong. I keep getting two errors when I try to compile: functions.cpp(126): error C2082: redefinition of formal paramete...
[1 reply] : [code firstline=124]double userChoice(char & dive, double & difficulty... (by long double main)
Are there any repercussions to installing code::blocks EP when another version of code::blocks is already installed?

The title. I installed EP (http://codeblocks.codecutter.org/) in order to use fltk for stroustrup's principles and practice. I'm running into strange roadblo...
[no replies]
Getting Pixels Help

Hello, recently I've been trying to read a lot of pixels quickly; GetPixel() is way too slow so I had a look around and found BitBlt which should be much faster...
[1 reply] : If you have a handle to RGB values (DWORDs, that is, not the 3-byte pi... (by zsteve)
How to print graphics to Printer

What I am doing is making a bunch of Rectangles on the Canvas, Putting some text in the rectangles. Really a stupid spreadsheet type look. Now that it is ...
[no replies]
Compiling Open Source C++ in MS Visual Studio

What are the best practices for setting up a Visual "project" that will be used to compile an open source program (and all of its components). We are having ch...
[3 replies] Last: Assuming you have the source (say cloned from a git repo) you can impo... (by naraku9333)
3D game programming (1,2)

Hey guys I am new to this forum and I wanna learn 3D game programming. Ok really I want to Make a MMORPG. I know what most people will say--- --->You can't mak...
[21 replies] Last: That is a question no one in the whole word can answer it for you... n... (by CppVoidppC)
Win32.SendMessage() doesn't work for non admin user

Hi, I am using FFDShowAPI to flip and mirror the video. Video is displayed in IE. When I logged in to machine with Admin user, it works. But if I logged in wit...
[2 replies] Last: Why are you displaying videos in Internet Explorer anyway ? Other medi... (by modoran)
Creating a weapon system (c++)

So say I'm making a text based rpg, I'm writing it as a console project in code::blocks So I want to include some sort of inventory system, but I have rec...
[1 reply] : I would probably have a container of weapons (maybe a std::vector) and... (by TwilightSpectre)
Hide a process from task manager

Is there any way I can hide my Win32 MFC based program from task manager or maybe make it appear as a system process or service ?
[1 reply] : That would require significant malicious-like features to be incorpora... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
by soranz
How to get a webpage to the foreground ?

Hi ! I'm working with MFC and simply trying to get a specific webpage to come to the foreground to receive user input. After receiving the handle to the web...
[2 replies] Last: Never mind...figured it out. For anyone wondering, I just had to have... (by soranz)
WinAPI/C++/Dialog - ChooseColor() ignoring mouse

I have a Windows dialog-based application here. I have a button that calls ChooseColor() to let the user select a new color for the program. However, when I cli...
[no replies]
Upload file to php script

Hi to whole, I have a question about this code found in Stackoverflow website => http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5309661/upload-file-via-post I have seen ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for reply, You is correct KBW, I only not understood how he ma... (by FLASHCODER)
I'm using borland c++ builder 6 and ADO.

i have a problem to make database connector with ADO. TADODataSet *tmp = new TADODataSet(this); tmp->Connection = altiCon; tmp->CommandText = "SELECT COUN...
[1 reply] : Have you tried making a separate TADODataSet object for each query? I... (by kevinkjt2000)
DirectX and Visual Studio 2010 Express, please.

Is the last SDK file DSXSDK_Jun10.exe adequate for Visual Studio 2010 Express, it is the file to have for Visual Studio 2010. Thank You, JoshEir
[10 replies] Last: Okay great, thank you. -josheir- (by josheir)
Windows phone programmers?

Hello guys. I would like to go into window phone programming using c# and XAML. But the only book I am able to get my hands on is wp7.5 based. I understand th...
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11914313/will-wp-applications-for-7... (by CppVoidppC)
[win32] - how can track the Mouse Stoped event\message?

can anyone advice me for track the Mouse Stoped message? i have 1 idea, but my thot isn't completed :( - using 2 static variables for see the mouse positions; -...
[5 replies] Last: i put them static ;) the problem isn't your code.... i belive that it'... (by Cambalinho)
Allegro + NetBeans + cygwin

hello everybody, does anyone here know how to make Allegro work with cygwin? I tried several tutorials found on the web but without result. I use NetBeans and m...
[no replies]
direct x or opengl

which one is better to learn first? direct x or opengl?
[2 replies] Last: thanx! (by NPcomplete)
February 2014 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.