Windows Programming - February 2016

by V07
How the drive letter in a string

Hi, I need to copy the list of drives present in the computer to an array e.g string drives ; Where i is the list of drives How can I do it? What I did u...
[4 replies] Last: I want to do some iteration with the directories so to add further loc... (by V07)
NULL

Removed
[2 replies] Last: To give a slightly less abrasive answer, most of g++'s arguments work ... (by Albatross)
Error 0xc000007b (solved)

I compile on a windows 7, 64 bit laptop with vs 2015. The program(s) works on my laptop, and my windows 7, 64 bit desktop; it does not work on 2 windows 10 comp...
[2 replies] Last: @S G H thanks, you are a life saver. (by TestZombie)
Can't read registry key c++

hello i have this code to read a registry key that exist (i've created it before) but i get some errors here is the code: #include <iostream> #include <window...
[3 replies] Last: I don't know where you got that code from but ... Never use RegOpenKe... (by kbw)
by V07
Handling main window correctly

Hi, I am learning Win32 C++ programming. I have some problems in handling the main window. I want two buttons to be displayed on my main window.On clicking the...
[7 replies] Last: Here is what you want I think.... //Main.cpp #ifndef UNICODE #d... (by freddie1)
Saving files

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I'm new at c++ too. I learned alot of it but still don't know some things. So I'm here to ask you if anyone can help me. Me an...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you . (by freeapple3010)
COM in C++

So I am trying to write a program that will instantiate and control a COM object, in this case a telescope dome simulator (DomeSim.exe). So for example, if I te...
[2 replies] Last: that that you'd put here doesnt looks like ole real ole looks like tha... (by alexeyn)
Start an executable in a new process

I want create a little porgram that start an other executable in a separate process my start program is start.exe i have tried with system ("start software.ex...
[1 reply] : Normally you would use ShellExecute. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/... (by Thomas1965)
Ideas for threading / timer calls / stack

I need to call a method every so often (One for each monitor). That needs to be able to then *timestamp* the object. I am unsure how to approach this. Last tim...
[4 replies] Last: You could also integrate this into the message loop by checking the in... (by kind9)
Windows flicking

Hello, i have some elements in my window, and when i minimize and restore the windows, all my text fields, buttons and labels strarts to blink.. i've sear...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! it works ! i change place all in WM_CREATE and the flicke... (by tobiasguimaraes)
how add 1 option on System Menu?

i need add a Allways Top option on System Menu. using GetForegroundWindow() give me the activated window. using GetSystemMenu() i can get the System Menu Hand...
[2 replies] Last: instead create an exe for run on windows startup, is there another way... (by Cambalinho)
by noaboa
Get Working Directory Windows

Hi, I am reading a SFML and C++ book, but I have come to a problem. I am making a Utilities file to get the working directory but there is an error here, and I ...
[10 replies] Last: It think you should consider changing the name of your function to Ge... (by andywestken)
by evaboy
C, Win32 API: painting on a tabcontrol

l want to ask how l can do the following things in a tab control. 1)That is, for instance: In tab1, when a button is clicked, previous text is wiped and new o...
[3 replies] Last: @Coder777: The link help me but l was able to achieve my aim by the do... (by evaboy)
Wrapper for C++ to be used in C# (as dll)

Hello, I want to use this function in my C# project: typedef float3 vec; class OBB { public: vec pos;vec r; vec axis ; static OBB OptimalEnclosin...
[6 replies] Last: Just saw this videos on YouTuve where someone uses a CPP class in C#. ... (by Thomas1965)
WM_COMMAND, HWND, CreateWindow .. etc

Hi, and thanks for the support! I am "fairly" new at win32 api programming and have spent this night going over a basic scratch for an application I wanna writ...
[4 replies] Last: Holy s* Freddie, thank you. That definitely helped!.. (by Fregarv)
How to parse command line arguments in WinForms

Hello there, I'm a beginner in C++ and I'm writing a simple windows forms application. I need to be able to read command line arguments, as it plays an importan...
[4 replies] Last: Awesome, thanks again. (by cobaltblue)
by evaboy
C, Win32 API: Help with SendMessage

Please l need help on how i can send message to WM_NOTIFY case in my program. l want when a button is clicked(as in the case WM_CoMMAND below), the SendMessage ...
[4 replies] Last: Yes when you receive a WM_NOTIFY message. This type of message is send... (by Thomas1965)
Error with ASCII to Hex conversion

Hi lads i am a newbie at C++ so i am learning slowly i am testing the following example code to convert ASCII to Hex data but the output somehow is showin...
[1 reply] : You're pass the value as a signed byte. You then cast that signed cha... (by kbw)
LoadImage (... LR_CREATEDIBSECTION...)

If I load an image via LoadImage() setting fuLoad to LR_CREATEDIBSECTION it creates a 'DIB section bitmap'. How do I find out the information of this bitmap? (...
[3 replies] Last: Can you upload the complete project somewhere? (by Thomas1965)
A question about runtime

I use Visual Studio 2008. The first thing I found out about Visual Studio is that to run a program on another computer, you need to add the DLL files into the p...
[1 reply] : Please dont double post - http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1850... (by TarikNeaj)
February 2016 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jan2016] [mar2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.