Windows Programming - February 2018

Question about accessing array element pointers

I have an array allocated like this typedef unsigned char Byte; Byte *MyArray = (Byte*)malloc(10); Now I want to find the address of the 5th element (index 4) ...
[1 reply] : Use: ElementAddr = MyArray + 4; Bottom of http://www.cplusplus.com... (by keskiverto)
cryptprotectdata

hi everyone i wanna encrypt some string with cryptprotectdata function then write the encrypt string into a text file with fstream here is my code its work b...
[2 replies] Last: thnaks for your answer Would give me a example (by khashayar0)
by gunay
code

can you please check the calculator created by me, it`s not working? #include<iostream> using namespace std; void main() { int A, B; cout << "ededleri d...
[2 replies] Last: you never cin >> s -_- (by grimReaper935)
by Carat1
loop

how can i loop this? textBox1->Text = "1"; textBox1->Text = "2"; textBox1->Text = "3"; this is just 3 lines. i plan on making over 100 lines loop. i ...
[14 replies] Last: if (textBox1->Text == textBox2->Text) { timer2->Enabled = false... (by Carat1)
by MrDS
Displaying floats properly.

I'm having issues displaying the full number of a float. Example: #include <iostream> using namespace std; float apple = 1.50f; int main() { cout...
[2 replies] Last: It works! Thanks, heaps bro. (by MrDS)
by Ganado
Code compiles and runs on Visual Studio but not g++

Please edit your code and put [co de] code tags [/c ode] around your code. So it compiles on both VS and g++, but "doesn't run" on g++. Please clarify...
[3 replies] Last: This is an answer to several deleted posts, the OP went back and repla... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by megate
http dist directory

hello everyone, I would like to download files from HTTP directory like this one : https://nodejs.org/dist/v0.8.17/ what is the best way to do it ? can I do i...
[3 replies] Last: With the Win API you can download an individual file: https://docs.mic... (by Thomas1965)
Best place to start?

I'm just asking what is your first or what is the best place to start windows programming. Also how long does did it take you to learn the basics? All sugges...
[7 replies] Last: Everything's out there somewhere I guess! :) One thing to consider i... (by freddie1)
Run at startup not working / ignore alt+f4

Greetings, it's a long while i work on a sidebar software for Windows, and right now it's almost completed. I need to cure some details. First of all, the run a...
[4 replies] Last: The point 2 is: Explorer.exe is a process which has many Windows, of w... (by barnack)
by Carat1
textbox help

hello i need help on something specific but don't know how to explain it. *(INT*)(*(DWORD*)0x525252 + 0x74) = 1; this is basically a pointer + an offset...
[3 replies] Last: thanks, that worked (by Carat1)
Meaning behind macro and data type names?

I'm refreshing my memory about Windows data types and macro names. for majority of them I know what they mean and what is their purpose, the MSDN reference expl...
[2 replies] Last: ok thanks, so obviously there is no "ultimate" reference to meaning of... (by hammerman)
Image Display using C++

Hi, was wondering if anyone could help me with creating an askye gif in the corner of my window. So when this set of code is triggered if (RN < 5) { ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks will definitley check out, dont suppose you could help with th... (by JazzaWil)
client side of server not displaying output

edit:: the server is not displaying what the client is ending im shure it has somthing to do with these lines of code #include "tcplistener.h" void List...
[4 replies] Last: ok but i would still prefer to do it myself im stubborn and would like... (by ReaperSoul)
winsock file transfer

im looking for a way to send a file through winsock im creating a file transfer program for me and a colleague which will send the files these files will be zip...
[2 replies] Last: so trying to send a text file is the same as just sending a png am i j... (by ReaperSoul)
Constructive criticism to my code

Greetings, i'm working on an alternative getline (with human user input target) which would behave closer to a textbox. I'd like to see some constructive criti...
[7 replies] Last: That's exactly what these are. (by kbw)
CMake interesting but challenging

Hi! I usually write in about strictly coding issues, but lately I have been challenged in the area of CMake, a place I have never been. Basically I am trying to...
[10 replies] Last: Well, the heavy lifting is over. Somehow I figured out that the above ... (by technologist)
by Frein
Cyrillic alphabet in Multibyte

Hi guys, I am new on forum :D I didn't work a lot with C++, I am pretty new. I have an MFC project, that project needs be translated to russian. If i change ...
[1 reply] : If it works with Unicode why use multi-byte coding? https://stackover... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Add a simple form window to generic application (visual studio)

Greetings, i need to add a settings window to an SFML Project. The window itself would be quite independant. I though to use a simple windows form (which i do...
[1 reply] : Personally I would recommend to do your settings window in a separate ... (by Thomas1965)
Basics in arrays, c++.

I'm a beginner in c++ and i have been given a project to do in c++. It may look easy to a person that has been doing this for a long time but I am still learnin...
[6 replies] Last: About random, the srand() function will randomize the seed (seed-rando... (by barnack)
  Archived months: [jan2018] [mar2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.