Windows Programming - February 2019

What's wrong with this struct with override?

I have this, but it's not working. typedef struct complex { double Re; double Im; complex operator=(double val){ complex retval; retval.Re = val; ...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> struct complex { double Re; double Im; ... (by Enoizat)
Tokenize string to char *array[]

Say I have this string string str="name1,name2,name3"; I want to separate the names using ',' as delimiter. The str is user defined so it can have any numbe...
[8 replies] Last: Tokenize string to char *array Are you required to write your own c... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by chipp
Win API or not?

i wanna ask, what is the best of windows programming for C++ now? is it still using win API or is there any better one?
[4 replies] Last: @artgan @grey: ok how about the others? any other opinions? (by chipp)
Excel automation in C++ (continued)

Hello! I would like to continue the topic Excel automation in C++: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/58312/2/ Write data to Excel is not so difficul...
[16 replies] Last: Hello, Everything turned out to be simple: Take an example microsof... (by Android1)
Esc menu

I am currently doing a school project. we are allowed to anything as long as it meets the requirements. i have it finished but i want to add something so wherev...
[2 replies] Last: Can always.. Alt + F4 ;) You need to run two threads; one main threa... (by Grime)
Visual Studio 2017 -C++ programing

I am trying to compile in VS 2017 but the cmd goes away to fast to see the results and I get this output errors. ---------------------------------------------...
[3 replies] Last: You can also add at the end of your code: system("pause"); whit this ... (by Luis1637)
VC++ compiler and type deduction

I tried to compile on VC++/VS17 a program that I had previously compiled on GCC and Clang without problem. VS17 is generating a whole bunch of errors. It seems...
[4 replies] Last: I was still using version 15.4 The current VS version is 15.9.7, upd... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Color management in own applications

Hello, I need to implement color management in my own graphic application. It's a c++ application which uses Qt for windows. Unfortunately I don't have...
[3 replies] Last: Well, a bit research shows that Little CMS seems to be a good starting... (by coder777)
Counting maximum number of overlapping intervals

Hi! So, I've been working on a problem from a site with C++ exercises, but I can't seem to get it to give me 100p (out of 100). The requirement sounds like this...
[4 replies] Last: This might be helpful, I will give this a try. Thanks! I'll report bac... (by antoniu200)
by seedhe
Why do people prefer using Windows for development?

As a Linux user who only really uses Windows for compilation, I've always wondered what the argument for using Windows for development was. From my perspective,...
[9 replies] Last: Exactly. You can do everything on both was my point :) I didnt know ... (by jonnin)
by Hex213
GetKeyState or convert key

Hi, I have a little problem with getkeystate. So I have file with 2 keys in constant format. I read this words in 2 string but I cannot use it in getkeystate(st...
[3 replies] Last: Wish I had time to provide an example, but I don't right now. Note Ge... (by freddie1)
DirectX 11 SpriteFont - Vertex Shader linkage error

I'm trying to render text in my DX11 project, by using SpriteFont and SpriteBatch. Everything worked before adding the code in, but when the code in uncomment...
[1 reply] : I'm no expert with DX11, but this sounds like a problem with your shad... (by mbozzi)
Any advices for make a game with c++?

I want to make a game with c+ and I want to handle most of the game logic on my own. I used c++ for some smaller console programme and coding olympics and mad...
[3 replies] Last: Yes SFML. I love it. Fun projects you can do with it to kill time. The... (by fiji885)
  Archived months: [jan2019] [mar2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.