Windows Programming - January 2013

On Key Press

nvm
[no replies]
by Ch1156
Please help With this Win API error

I am following a tutorial: http://pravin.insanitybegins.com/win32/lesson2 And i am doing exactly what he is, i am not copying and pasting i am actually typin...
[2 replies] Last: Awesome thank you for the help :) (by Ch1156)
by tib20
[Solved] Trying to use libzip

Hi all! I am learning C++ and decided to make a little program to train me. It will be a program that zip/unzip files and moves them to another folder. I dec...
[no replies]
RegCreateKeyEx Error

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <Windows.h> using namespace std; int main() { cout << "Trying to open the reg key..."; HKEY hKey; ...
[1 reply] : Like this: DWORD result; RegCreateKeyEx(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software... (by modoran)
C++ visual studios 2012 gui

I am currently starting to learn some gui in c++. I use Visual Studios Express 2012. I have a program I am gonna work on converting from cli to gui and am hav...
[7 replies] Last: A 'form' is used only by c++/cli, you are not using win32api. You do... (by modoran)
Stuck Building a project & MakeFile under Windows

Hi, I am learning C++, and am trying to get a project called FreeRCT (http://code.google.com/p/freerct/) running under Windows (CodeBlocks & GCC compiler) so...
[no replies]
Multidimensional Array and Storing Data

Someone told me that multidimensional in C++ is something that shouldnt be touched, is it true? Plus I have a question. Im making an RPG, 2d RPG which tile ...
[4 replies] Last: I didn't think this would work, but it does. Maybe it shows what you ... (by freddie1)
ifstream reader Not Reading .txt ?

#include <fstream> #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { const int RANGE = 12; string tab[ RANGE]; int i = 0,...
[no replies]
Petzold example question

Ive been following petzolds book and understanding everything line by line up until this example(Im very OCD about that). Im not very fluent in C I started with...
[3 replies] Last: I don't know if I'd put it that way. Do a search on C Bitwise Shift O... (by freddie1)
TCP Server:Render image of client

I'm working on a project and I'm a beginner in VC++. I'm creating a TCP server that will receive a bitmap and will show it on window. The motive is to receive...
[no replies]
by aj3423
about window message reflection

Hi In win32 some window message are sent to the parent's wnd_proc, such as button's WM_COMMAND. I'm trying to understand how the gui libraries handle this, I m...
[no replies]
Search and Move File in c++

hi, i want to search a special folder (and SubFolders) for Sh files (*.sh) then copy them (if found) to specified directory in Dev-C++ ,so that i need two func...
[2 replies] Last: an unorthodox, is to use batch commands in c + + example the copy comm... (by flony1)
String,double and a bunch of stuff

My problem is: having a file like this Begin .... .7.235...8.9345 .....pinco pallino is tall 1.82 ... ..8.345.. ... end Begin ...34.345.. ... ....ti...
[3 replies] Last: atof() http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/atof.html (by kbw)
by lmsmi1
FPS Animations (1,2)

I'm currently developing an FPS game with GLUT and C++. I have an XML file that defines every weapon in the game, including its OBJ model and MAT texture materi...
[35 replies] Last: Also, a short internet search got me this relevant paragraph from the ... (by Ogoyant)
by Strida
DirectX - Texture Drawing Problem

I'm learning and trying 2D games development with DirectX and i'm having a little problem. I've managed to read, create and draw textures with the types: ...
[1 reply] : I've got the solution, thanks to Lux at the Planet Chili Forum. Link... (by Strida)
GetClassName

I am using function GetClassName for a given HWND. The function is giving error: "Invalid access to memory location". I guess the problem is in the out para...
[4 replies] Last: LPTSTR clsName_v means a pointer to a buffer provided by you - Wind... (by guestgulkan)
Visual C++ File I/O

Hi everyone, I've been trying to figure out how to make, for example a button in Visual Studio C++ that can take some text from a textbox and save it as a file....
[1 reply] : The internal char array in System::String is a wide char. private: Sy... (by naraku9333)
Finding the Functions

Hey. Ive decided to to start tinkering around with some of <windows.h> functions and I do a quick search to see a list of all the functions and examples and ...
[1 reply] : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa383745%28v=v... (by gtm)
Start Program on Startup & Get Program Handle

how do I make program to start on start up except putting it into that folder, like you can click on checkbox and it will start when you start PC everytime unti...
[4 replies] Last: thanks! - never used registry keys (by mekkatorqu)
by pavil
USB Basics: Switching On and Off Small Acessories

Hello, long time programmer here. Recently I have given thought to using and switcing electronics on and off. I got the idea from a small USB desk light. I can ...
[no replies]
January 2013 Pages: 123... 8
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.