Windows Programming - January 2013 (Page 2)

Need some explanation about DLL

Hi, I am not getting what it actually means, as I am trying to understand what DLL is from the Microsoft documentation. . " Multiple processes that loa...
[10 replies] Last: Thanks to you all especially kbw (by dearvivekkumar)
programs

Is there a way to run a program, such as the windows photo viewer, and have it open a image while running my c++ program?
[3 replies] Last: If the user inputs a image file name and you just want to open it usin... (by modoran)
[SDL] help. Smooth movement instead of jumping?

Im coding a RPG atm and im at the part where im making character movement. The code for it is like this: void Character::Move(int Direction) { switch (...
[6 replies] Last: But some how this isnt working right and her walking down sprite doe... (by Disch)
Passing objects in functions

When I try to pass an object containing a pointer as member variable in a function within main compiler gives me this warning obj\Debug\main.o||In function `...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot!Now it works properly (by roovraven)
Need help with RegSetValueEx()

I have posted it in beginners forum already, but got no answer yet. I am trying to add an application to run on startup in Windows. I am using RegSetValueEx() ...
[2 replies] Last: In Windows 7 the registry reflection is deleted, so the RegDisableRefl... (by gizdaman)
by craime
C++ project for secondary students

hallo, am a student in secondary school i have learnt c,c++ and would like help to get a nice project in existing one with its code thanks!
[no replies]
by tnavid
c string-problem

hi, i want to convert my strings to uppercase strings.but my function does not work. note:i don't want to use string.h library. here is my code: #include ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks ne555. I had forgotten that I cannot assign a new value to a co... (by FastLearner)
by skn
CMD Commands from C++

I'm currently making a program that needs to be able to execute CMD commands to the CMD(such as ipconfig etc) for this I'm using System(), However since System(...
[2 replies] Last: The evil part was more a reference to the security problems and that i... (by skn)
Is Petzold's book still relevant?

From what I've read, Win32 API hasn't changed in years. I've learned the basics of getting a simple window up, but I'd like to continue learning. Is Petzold's b...
[4 replies] Last: This is my favorite review of Charles' book on Amazon.com by R.B. Doe ... (by freddie1)
Dynamically allocating class objects - a question

Hello all, I'm reading some code from some samples at rastertek.com. I find a definition of a class meant to store the current keyboard state, similar to thi...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, that's a very good point to note as well, thanks for the example.... (by Ogoyant)
Going over the Windows Programming Code... (1,2,3)

Hi, I am a beginner C++ programmer. I know only as much in C++ than any beginner would -- not very much. I am trying to learn more to create my own program so, ...
[41 replies] Last: Glad it helped newbieg. One thing psalm62 mentioned a couple times th... (by freddie1)
winsock smtp string formatting

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14421748/winsock-string-formatting apppend \n to tell the server that you pressed enter.... my problem is, when sending DA...
[5 replies] Last: That was the pronlem.. i was calling recv during data transmission. H... (by Kelvin Silva)
by flony1
use command line

Hi I have a question, use visual studio 2012 and project properties (alt f7) in the c / c + + there is a window called command line, as in the linker. My que...
[2 replies] Last: In VS10 there is a table of common properties for projects, it's locat... (by S G H)
by rudy01
winUSB error

Hi all, I would really really appreciate some help with winUSB. I wasn't sure where else to post this. I wasn't able to find much help on this topic elsewher...
[no replies]
OpenSource game needs a Windows port keeper

As in title , I am working in a team on http://opendungeons.sourceforge.net/ RTS , ogre3d engine , god-like simulaiton, Dungeon keeper remake. Thing is, our win...
[no replies]
Question bout this code

Why doesnt this code work I have been following examples from a book I have and some of the functions in it are undefined by my compiler. I am compiling from Mi...
[3 replies] Last: @kbw It doesnt run I put comments inside to tell what the compiler too... (by ForRealzZzZ)
is there anyway to invoke windows explorer file trasfer dialog box using windows api?

can we invoke windows explorer inbuilt gui dialogs from windows api or by loading some dll from windows directory? like file transfer dialogs or settings dialog...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks that worked. but what if i want to spawn "Folder options" dialo... (by time to c)
by vcsasc
College programming challenge

Dear All, This question part of my College programming challenge.It is just started today.OK. The Organiser have given a 5.EXE file. The participant have ...
[no replies]
How to set selected text in Combobox

Hey, I am working on this project where I need to retrieve the system com port settings and update a dialog in my project to reflect the system settings. Howev...
[no replies]
by acerr
struct

Lekce 6\06_06.cpp||In function 'int main()':| \Lekce 6\06_06.cpp|32|error: invalid array assignment| ||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===| #incl...
[5 replies] Last: if (strlen(_name) < 200) strcpy(name, _name); else memset(name, ... (by S G H)
January 2013 Pages: 1234... 8
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.