Windows Programming - January 2013 (Page 4)

Help SQL

Hello all, I've got a big problem creating my database. I don't know why it doesn't work. When I write the path directly in the CommandText it creats the da...
[1 reply] : Use code tags and format the source code. Seeing the gcnew "keyword" ... (by closed account 3TXyhbRD)
Ansi... Unicode???

I really dont understand these two things. (Im pretty new to Windows programming) Especially when using these with strings and characters. Can anyone explain wh...
[4 replies] Last: The Absolute Minimum Every Software Developer Absolutely, Positively M... (by JockX)
Simple question.

According to wikipedia a "callback" is "a piece of executable code that is passed as an argument to other code, which is expected to call back (execute) the arg...
[6 replies] Last: Yes, from WinDef.h #define CALLBACK __stdcall #define WINAPI ... (by freddie1)
how to create a rounded windows ?

I want to create a rounded windows ... someone can help me ?
[1 reply] : I remember doing this using windows regions. Do a google search on : ... (by guestgulkan)
Windows API and current programing

I was scanning through E-Bay tonight because the book I currently have states that it is briefly going to cover making a window using Windows API and then move ...
[5 replies] Last: The Windows API doesn't scale. It gets increasingly difficult to deve... (by kbw)
I am a 12 year old c++ expert (1,2)

I am a 12 year old c++ expert but unfortunately could not appear in the world because i have not passed any of the tests or didn't get any degree from an academ...
[22 replies] Last: That was virtually Hilarious. (by newbieg)
Win32 C++ Listbox export

So I have this here. I got the code importing the users from a text file. Now I want it to format the names into a certain criteria. And save it to a new file c...
[no replies]
Calculate with values from pointers?

I really need some help with my program for calculating BMI (Body Mass Index) (Full program at the bottom) Here is the part of my program where the errors are...
[2 replies] Last: Can you explain what you're trying to do with this piece of code so w... (by flazz95)
CloseHandle() ~ (Double Console Buffer)

Greetings, I was interested in having two buffers that I could swap between on the windows console. Thankfully, after spending some time on msdn, I managed to ...
[no replies]
by Phiru
How to prevent sort of beep sound when..

When I presse Alt + F4 to close main dlg running, the Windows gives me like beep sound(it sounds like error sound I guess) give me a hint. Thanks.
[3 replies] Last: Thanks all. I should post some code so that the problem will be found... (by Phiru)
by Phiru
How to create modal dlg in CWinapp?

Hi, I have a question. In CWinApp, InitInstance() func has those things. ... CMyDlg tdlg; m_pMainWnd = &tdlg; INT_PTR ret=tdlg.DoModal(); .. I wanted to s...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks all. And I got your saying, guestgulkan. Thank you again. (by Phiru)
Writing data on a file

Hi, I am working on a MFC application witch needs to store data on a file Here in my App #include "stdafx.h" #include "test_mfc.h" #include "test_mfcDlg.h" ...
[15 replies] Last: Use c_str() method, CString ::Format expects a regular C style string ... (by modoran)
by Elidor
Mingw linking problem

Hello, I'm having a problem running the MSDN's Learn to program windows module 1 program. It would seem the problematic part is the function signature. int ...
[4 replies] Last: MinGW does not support wWinMain entry point (also wmain does not work ... (by modoran)
Syntax Error: Declaring a vector of known size vectors

Good afternoon, I'm trying to declare scalable vectors of known size vectors. But everything I tried and everywhere I looked I could not find a description of ...
[no replies]
Adding an MFC GUI to an existing command line program

Hey guys, I have a background in few different languages but I am kind of new to C++ and I am really new to Windows programming. I have made a fairly sophist...
[no replies]
Adding process

Hello ! I have a question I found on youtube keylogger code and I'm interested in is from 1:13 to add the process of the creation process? http://www.yout...
[no replies]
by purlek
Restart Program Function?

Hi, I've created a simple "Distance Calculator" for a game that I play frequently that uses grid/graph points occasionally, basically you tell it two (x, y) coo...
[2 replies] Last: thanks that did the trick! (by purlek)
Alpha blending on a transparent window.

Hi, I'm having trouble with my window. I've made a transparent window using the WS_EX_LAYERED. I draw a PNG picture with transparency using GDI+. But I need ...
[no replies]
How to connect c++ program with usb device

Hi people! I wonder how could I connect c++ program with usb device (the device is eizon n1, for time&attendance). I want to control the device through my progr...
[no replies]
win32 programming

I was wondering what a good book or website is for learning win32 programming? In case win32 programming isn't the proper term, let me elaborate. I want to make...
[3 replies] Last: You're welcome. I'd recommend Petzold's Programming Windows if I had t... (by Ogoyant)
January 2013 Pages: 123456... 8
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.