Windows Programming - January 2013 (Page 7)

Odd Vector Resizing Problem

In a rather large program of mine, I have hit a snag. I get the following run time message: This p...
[2 replies] Last: Don't use new here. Vector is the safer way to go. resize can explo... (by Disch)
ListView_GetItemRect Help

I am new to Windows programming and I am trying to click an item in listview control for that I need...
[no replies]
MFC CPen

I wirte a simple paint project, and the CPen usage puzzles me. CElement is the base class, I de...
[4 replies] Last: thanks a lot, guestgulkan , It's my fault and I don't know why to put... (by ylxin1993)
How to set Flow Control setting for System Com Port

Hey, I am working on this project where when a user selects a particular com port via a config dial...
[4 replies] Last: On the system where you set up flow control, become superuser or assum... (by rockdenim)
Using the std namespace in user written classes in a Windows Form project.

Hello, I looked around and haven't found an answer to this issue yet. Basically, I'm working with...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the answers. I am simply using vectors now instead of array... (by KalmanFilteredCoffee)
Change edit control selected text color

Hi, You can change the text color and background of an edit control, but can you change the color w...
[1 reply] : From what I know - you cannot do this for an individual edit box. The... (by guestgulkan)
C++ HTTP POST alternative Libraries

Hi, i'm looking for a C++ (!) Library with wich i can send POST-Data (ONE String) to a Server and...
[2 replies] Last: LibCURL isn't exactly Class-based, but it's still C++ valid and compil... (by EssGeEich)
Problem detecting intersection.

I'm having a problem in a basic snake game like program when it comes to detecting if the character ...
[1 reply] : From what I see, your collision detection consists of checking if the ... (by Ogoyant)
OOP in C++

I need a script in OOP style :( this is what i need to do... Name: ______ // input name Age: ___...
[4 replies] Last: This is simple. Have you not paid attention/gone to class? (by ResidentBiscuit)
by Zapeth
std::list how to store copy of an object?

Hello, I'm currently trying to figure out how to store the copy of an object in a std::list so the d...
[13 replies] Last: Okay, thanks again for explaining everything to me :) (by Zapeth)
masking input

Hello this is my Code for masking input and the only problem is when i hit backspace it does delete...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you that worked great (by coder213)
Merging mp3 files

I'm using Qt but the sound facilities seem pretty limited. I want my program to concatenate several ...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=rockdenim]Simply move or copy in other file. Unrelated answer?... (by EssGeEich)
by Hotice
Some possible data problem...

I am having trouble with updating a file. My code is presented here: #include <iostream> #inclu...
[3 replies] Last: You can remove directories with RemoveDirectory: http://msdn.microsof... (by Disch)
HELP 2D rpg game

i'm kind new in c++,and i`m making a rpg game. the compiler is Dev-C++. here is my code: #inclu...
[2 replies] Last: this is the bast I could come up with using functions, I didn't unders... (by mathacka)
Crashing upon new Gdiplus::Image()

Hello everybody! Yesterday I had posted about a problem I was having creating Gdiplus::Image's. I ha...
[11 replies] Last: Try checking like: FILE * pFile = fopen("imagepath here","rb"); if(!... (by EssGeEich)
by Hotice
Just a conceptual question...

I know that you could get a username with: TCHAR name[UNLEN + 1]; DWORD size = UNLEN + 1; if (GetU...
[7 replies] Last: I think I was wrong. But, anyways, a pointer to a DWORD is requested, ... (by EssGeEich)
Crashing on creating large-ish array

Hi there, I've been programming with C# and Basic for quite some time. But now I am trying to lea...
[10 replies] Last: I can't imagine how that could be, as I can't believe that amount of ... (by Cubbi)
Error in creating a Gdiplus::Image

Good afternoon all! I have been working on an engine in C++ using the WIN32 API and GDIPlus. I have ...
[5 replies] Last: I was actually having an error a week ago that I tried to fix by doin... (by lfnunley)
weird declaration

this the main cpp for my windows form app: // WindowsFormsApplication1.cpp : main project file. #...
[2 replies] Last: thanks .... i already knew that a little bit different than native c++ (by Clearner1)
Windows Form Apps

how to call windows.h functions within a header file ( basically i created an app using windows form...
[11 replies] Last: ok thanks a lot (by Clearner1)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 5678
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.