Windows Programming - January 2014 (Page 2)

Command Line from Windows API

Hello, So, my question is a bit different from most. I'm not trying to open a cmd window or make the program start with a cmd window. I want my program to ju...
[9 replies] Last: I'd use a standard windows GUI application and use AllocConsole with A... (by modoran)
by monik
Get file size when displaying contents of a folder

I fairly new to C++. I have to write a C++ program that will display the contents of a folder and if the item is a file it has to show the file size. I cant get...
[1 reply] : You did not call stat() anywhere in your code. Call it first. switch ... (by modoran)
HeapAlloc Problems

I had developed a GUI application based on WIN API. I have several windows where each contains several controls (EDIT, STATIC, BUTTON, LISTVIEW ...). My prob...
[11 replies] Last: Why happens if you do this: wcValue_v = (wchar_t*)malloc(size_v * siz... (by modoran)
by ndsoft
Font file. How get number of glyphs

Hallo, How get number of the glyphs from a font file (.ttf)? Language C++. Thanks
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, I believe it's good! (by ndsoft)
Properly static-linking MinGW Windows DLL

I'm on x64 Windows 8 and I want to release an binary without dll's. I was learning DirectX (9), using Code::Blocks (13) and the 32-bit MinGW-build (4.8) with...
[1 reply] : Your link paths are different on the Code::Blocks and command line ver... (by TwilightSpectre)
SSDT Hooking help! x64 Systems?

Hi, I understood about hooking the SSDT in x86 systems, now how will I do that on x64 Plz help!
[16 replies] Last: @OrionMaster: To assure you Im not making anything malware, you can a... (by WindowsProgrammer777)
Data Storage in Obejct files - Problem

Hello to everybody, I know C/C++ for quite a while now and it's embarrassing for me not to be able to solve my problem. I wanted to write a program, that re...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, I knew it was a stupid mistake, it was just to open the file i... (by Narwaro)
Dll Injection

I have found plenty of info on Google, but I am finding it very complex. Can I use it to change the functionality of functions in another program. If so here is...
[no replies]
help.. struct

The code ist'n compile. Where is problem? I'm using Dev C++. using namespace std; struct kraj { sring nazwa; int ludzie; kraj* next; ...
[2 replies] Last: Please use code tags when posting http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/z1... (by Yanson)
DLL question

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and new to c++ but I have a question so please bear with me. The situation is this: I have a .dll file with some c...
[3 replies] Last: The linker will need a stub library to link map the calls in your prog... (by kbw)
Help

Can't figure out how to write to tell someone who is a certain age what their next decade would be in a certain amount of years. ie. say is someone was 23, how ...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=Garion]Now the problems I see are: * Delete line 1. You don't ... (by modoran)
Code does not print updated values?

Hi, I'm trying to make a game of TicTacToe (Naughts and Crosses) using C++ (obviously C++ haha), and my code does not seem to update the game board with O's or ...
[3 replies] Last: (sorry if this post isn't allowed (bumping rules and such that exist o... (by Seanharrs)
Where is ALT key defined?

Need to do this: ::SendMessage(hwnd, WM_KEYDOWN, VK_ALT,0); Compiler says: C:\MyInspect\MyMain.cpp|155|error: 'VK_ALT' was not declared in this scope| Any inc...
[2 replies] Last: This is for a kind of robot app for gui stress testing. I need to send... (by alexe100)
extern array question

I need to have 2 c++ files, one to have an array and the other to read it. my question is; can you use extern to read an array? example: main.cpp #include...
[16 replies] Last: > I was referring to the Lambda function with that question ... This ... (by JLBorges)
Microsoft Compilers And Dynamic Multi-Dimensional Arrays

The latest Microsoft compiler I have is VC9 from VS 2008 Pro. First question -Was wondering if on Microsoft's later compilers from VS 2010 or VS 2012 if they c...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks LB! fred (by freddie1)
Font style change

The CreateWindow() Function can display text on the window but the text is ugly. I wanna have a window that displays text and elements just like a setup or so....
[1 reply] : A quick search yielded this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w... (by TwilightSpectre)
by SulPC
Console Clock / Processor Execution Speed:

I've just designed a Console Clock and I wanted to know if it's possible to know or calculate the speed that each line of code executes so I could increase the ...
[1 reply] : The optimiser will rearrange your code, so you may not have those line... (by kbw)
Showing Controls in a Window

I had developed a GUI application based on WIN API. I am calling CreateWindowEx API to create the window (FORM) and then I am handling its OnCreate function in ...
[15 replies] Last: We keep going around and around with this issue of styles here and I t... (by freddie1)
IPC Communication from windows driver -> User land app and vice versa?

Hi all, Long time long seen! IPC Communication from windows driver -> User land app and vice versa? How to do, and what changes to make? I had already done ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanx, OrionMaster & modoran for your help! :) Done it! (by WindowsProgrammer777)
Parameters for CreateWindow() function?

I know what this function is and how to use it, AND i know the parameters for it. I put it in the switch(message) and am wondering if there are any other para...
[3 replies] Last: are any other parameters I could use (in the first parameter) other t... (by andywestken)
January 2014 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.