Windows Programming - January 2014 (Page 3)

How Multithreading in c++ is done

I have design one c++ multithreading application (first time) in which one thread does following task: it read values from file & insert into dynamic queue. Sec...
[7 replies] Last: To signal that you've added data, you could use an event (along with t... (by andywestken)
How to fix "undefined reference to 'WinMain@16'" problem?

So, I am messing around on the Windows Dev Center (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows(dont have to click that)) and I wanted to see how they say to...
[11 replies] Last: MinGW Runtime = The DLLs required for applications built with MinGW Mi... (by S G H)
by Zapeth
SetWindowsHookEx(WH_KEYBOARD) calling hooked dll again when unfocused

Hi, so I have a dll that gets called by the main process and I would like to check for any keyboard input that is happening in the main process within the dll b...
[4 replies] Last: Actually I was looking for a way to get the thread ID (of the main thr... (by Zapeth)
Free tool that logs all window controls hierarchy?

Hi I am looking for an utility application that implements a kind of MSVStudio Spy. An application that is able to log **all** controls and related details o...
[8 replies] Last: Ranorex!! (by alexe100)
extern "C" not working?

Hello... In dll Header: #define C_API extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) C_API GameManager* APIENTRY CreateNewGame(); Cpp file: C_API GameManager* APIE...
[2 replies] Last: thanks Computergeek01.. (by CppVoidppC)
Information sending from a program to me

My game shall send game data to somewhere where i have access to. the data is textfiles. But it shall work on every pc, so i dont want to install any extensio...
[12 replies] Last: No, the links tell you that you don't need a client to send E mail. Se... (by Computergeek01)
Making multiple windows in a program?

Probably will be posting more frequently on this now, because now I am officially bored of console applications... and am trying to learn windows API I am a wi...
[10 replies] Last: @ freddie1 : Either that second paragraph isn't an argument for why y... (by Computergeek01)
how can i change the windows styles?

void setBorder(bool border) { long s; if(border==false) s = WS_EX_LEFT| WS_EX_LTRREADING | WS_EX_RIGHTSCROLLBAR; e...
[3 replies] Last: heres the new code: void setBorder(int border) { long s=... (by Cambalinho)
How can i find the frame color of a window?

For example at this screenshot, i want this "open" green color http://i.imgur.com/v5n0cvg.png It changes automatically everytime you change the wallpaper ac...
[1 reply] : Have your tried GetThemeColor() with WP_FRAME ?? (I assume you were u... (by andywestken)
Writing and reading to and from another process.

How can i write to the stdin and read from the stdout of another process? Please explain and do please add Code example. Thanks.
[5 replies] Last: Well, Clearly I never mentioned anything like that anyway you basicall... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
by Avijit
opengl vs 3d engine

hey, guyz. i am begininer in opengl. so i want to know what is the 3d engine? is it neccesary for 3d game programing? can i make 3d game using only opengl? expl...
[1 reply] : You can make any 1D, 2D, or 3D game you want with just OpenGL, but thi... (by LB)
by xeef
looking for an example how to MENUITEMTEMPLATEHEADER in memory

something like this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms644996%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#template_in_memory but for a MENU or is there a ...
[5 replies] Last: no no new question solved (by xeef)
What is the Windows cache folder for an application?

My IDE returns C:\Users\Leon\AppData\Local\appname but is seems more correct something like C:\Users\Leon\AppData\Local\Temp\appname
[2 replies] Last: Yeah i can agree. temp is wrong Windows seem not to have a specific f... (by Leon Vitanos)
Am I on the right track?

Hello. I'm new as you can tell. I have two weeks to make a program for a stream. I am a commentator and the lead production manager over at iCCup.com. We run...
[no replies]
c++ problem

hi guys, can anyone tell me how can i fix my problem with my c++ application version 3.1? so after i write the text, when i press alt+f5 and then run, if there ...
[5 replies] Last: some modern ones are (for windows) mingw, vc++, and i there is another... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
driver for ejecting cd/dvd drive

I am planning to make a driver for ejecting cd/dvd drive in computer with c++/c programming language. But, frankly telling , I have just the knowledge of c/c+...
[8 replies] Last: oh great :) , so codeblocks ! i use too :) (by sanyam0108)
My Rough Draft Of A Basic Windows ACLs Tutorial

I would like to contribute a useful article to this site. I know I've said this at least a half dozen times and have yet to deliver, but I feel more confident a...
[3 replies] Last: I knew when Twicker moved the article section it would cause problems:... (by Computergeek01)
I want my application to start at windows startup BUT with a small timeout

so i want for example to wait 20 seconds and then start the app how should my registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Ru...
[4 replies] Last: I believe I found an example written in VC++ here: http://code.msdn.mi... (by kevinkjt2000)
input with out the enter

i need to make a program that takes input but doesn't require you to press the ENTER key, is there any library or header files that has that function?
[6 replies] Last: Thank you, popa6200 (by popa6200)
by samrux
Efficiently changing console buffer and window size and moving it around

Hi, still learning some winAPI tricks for the console, I got a function to change the console buffer and window size, however, it does not work correctly as I w...
[6 replies] Last: This is just... Amazing. Did you just write all that code? What I d... (by cire)
January 2014 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.