Windows Programming - January 2014 (Page 4)

SFML Shapes and vectors

I'm not having much luck on the SFML forums so I decided to try asking here. Just started messing around with SFML and I tried to make a vector of RectangleS...
[5 replies] Last: Not really. The only thing you can do is just look at the documentatio... (by TwilightSpectre)
boost ws2_32.lib error

Hello. I'm using boost.Asio and I've got some troubles: undefined references. I Googled it up and found that the error is because of WinSock. I know that using ...
[5 replies] Last: Boost itself allows for crossplatform code development, but the things... (by S G H)
by samrux
[HELP]Error defining swConSize in clear screen function (Console)

A few days ago, my clearing screen function, that I never really edited during that time, started giving an error for no reason. I searched on Google, and no...
[6 replies] Last: You didn't answer my question :( (by samrux)
Strange jump executing get_accName. (but it works fine in MS VC++ and MinGW/Upp and mingw win32 app) (1,2)

Hi all I have this code in a button pressed event: IAccessible* accessibleFrame = NULL; if (S_OK != AccessibleObjectFromWindow((HWND)GetHWND(),OBJID_CLI...
[38 replies] Last: Great! Thank you Modoran for your patience with me (by alex100)
How to get into driver programming Win32?

Hi all, Im getting into driver development with C++. Im not going to make a driver for a device/such, but Im gonna make a driver to hook NT functions, I need...
[2 replies] Last: You should not do this you are too unskilled and a copy paster, till n... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
CreateRemoteThread() fails on protected AV process c++??? (1,2)

Hi, CreateRemoteThread() fails on protected AV process c++??? I made a code cave injector that inject into normal process and it worked (LOL!) but that failed...
[38 replies] Last: exactly, I agree with modoran. I have helped you, actually I did pre... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
Help on a good win32 pdf ebook.

Please geeks, i'm a beginner in windows programming but i dont have good ebooks yet. I'm hoping to get links to good pdfs. Thanks guys!
[2 replies] Last: Thanks bro.. I'l look into that bt i dnt av gud internet access dats y... (by Olyboy16)
Possible Register Variable Faulup

Is there a storage class specifier or VC compiler switch that prevents a variable from being optimized through locating it in a register? The reason I'm as...
[1 reply] : Never mind. Been working with the problem some more, and it doesn't l... (by freddie1)
WinSock and if statement problems

Please, first off. No hard to do explanations, I am still learning about WinSock and it's functions so take it easy. The problem I am having is, when I send da...
[6 replies] Last: That's not the case though, I compiled and ran it several times on one... (by Computergeek01)
Visual Studio 2012 - File Not Found Error When Compiling

When I'm compiling my program, and then attempting to run it in either Debug or Release mode. I always seem to get a File Not Found error. There's no errors ...
[5 replies] Last: It was related to the Output folder. Thanks for your time. (by x BlueRobot)
Need to play .wav files in a for loop, one by one, like a playlist

I want to play a list of .wav files, stored in a queue automatically(using Dirent.h) using the path entered by the user. Everything works well but the for oop s...
[2 replies] Last: PlaySound is not designed for heavy duty (or even really medium duty) ... (by Disch)
Chooseing a compiler

I've been using devC++ for a while it doesn't have the standerds and in some programs I have to substitute headers and classes. I was wondering what was some ne...
[6 replies] Last: @OrionMaster - The express edition is still free to register after 90... (by mutexe)
creating controls using API's functions (1,2)

i'm trying, for now, build 1 class for create a label(STATIC class). ok... i'm using the console way(but don't horry is only for test the class's). #include ...
[31 replies] Last: heres the entire class: http://ideone.com/1fQEmp my problem is only w... (by Cambalinho)
How does the window redraw?

I'm learning C++/WinAPI GUI elements. No MFC, no CLR, etc. Using VS2010 I created a basic Win32 application, which auto-generates the code for a basic windo...
[6 replies] Last: Does that DefWindowProc live inside my process? Why cannot I see it w... (by modoran)
Need help with Virtual CD driver

I use Microsoft's driver vcdrom.sys to create a virtual cd drive. The calling with DeviceIOControl succeeds but the device appears in the openRequester window f...
[no replies]
Custom Console

Hi, I want to have a custom win32 console (Kinda like the one Wolfenstien: Return to Castle Wolfenstien has) for my game engine. Do any of you know how I can do...
[15 replies] Last: You need a multiline edit control. Be sure to pass ES_MULTILINE to the... (by modoran)
Creating a Dll that export a class (Solved)

Hello, Iam new to making dlls in C++ (native dlls), I did create dlls using C#/VB.net which is entirely a different process from creating dlls in C++. wha...
[4 replies] Last: okey thanks for the help and the links will do some readings about the... (by CppVoidppC)
Mutex creation and opening failing?

Hi, I am learning to use Mutexes and I tried to create a basic mutex using CreateMutex then see if the mutex is there via using OpenMutex() . However....
[5 replies] Last: Hi, I found the Error, it is not SYNCHRONIZE but instead MUTEX_ALL... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
Executable icon without rc file

Hi everyone, only as a matter of curiosity, I am trying to setup the icon of my Win32 application without using the rc file. I mean the executable icon, not the...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you all for the answers. I think this was not a good idea. Back ... (by sauloqf)
Any sample of AccessibleObjectFromWindow ? (IID_IAccessible with compiler error)

Hi I am trying to make a kind of screen reader using gcc (mingw) Wxwidgets in windows 7 To start, I am trying to use and test AccessibleObjectFromWindow win fu...
[2 replies] Last: Code fixed! My problem solved too! Thanks Null! Alex (by alex100)
January 2014 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.