Windows Programming - July 2012 (Page 2)

by asdcom
error in the use of the function: SHFILEOPSTRUCT

I have a error in the use of the function: SHFILEOPSTRUCT wchar_t szDir ; ......... ......... wchar_t * ptr; const wchar_t wc...
[1 reply] : You are using wchar_t strings with a structure that is declared to use... (by webJose)
Synchronization of data between two application

hello guys,i hab made a win32 console application which generates different data ,now there is a another MFC application,now i want to select the data, synchron...
[1 reply] : You may find your answer here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1847... (by tath)
c++ iostream not working through JNI

I am creating a shared library Client.dll using Cygwin g++ compiler and calling through a JAVA program. Everything is working fine if I remove 'cout <<' co...
[3 replies] Last: Ok, so then most likely the variable std::cout is not linked to the co... (by webJose)
Color Detection

Hello! I'm trying to build a small program that tells me the RGB values of the pixels on which my cursor is currently located at. So far I've made this, howev...
[4 replies] Last: Yeah, was just about to fix that. :) (by raulkolk)
Win32 Tutorials

Hi! I just wanted to ask if there are any easy-to-follow free documentations, free e-books or videos that explain in detail how to program Win32 GUI applicatio...
[10 replies] Last: Yea it's a pretty big library (by ResidentBiscuit)
Visual Studio 2005

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for my question but a Google search pointed me here. I also don't know anything about programming so please bar...
[3 replies] Last: Well, I'm not sure what he did but he made it work with 2K. I mentione... (by visitor)
failed to call RegisterClassEx

Hi, all, Please help me out. I run the following code. The compiling was right, neither error nor waring. However, it threw error box " failed: GetLastError ret...
[1 reply] : Error between the two lines WNDCLASSEX wndclass ; //This line ... (by guestgulkan)
How to convert const char * to CComBSTR ?

Hello everybody . I have two string . I want to compare them . But when i build , i get error , can not convert const char * to CComBSTR this is my code CC...
[5 replies] Last: oh thank kbw and sloppy9 . Problem is soluted . (by headshot)
by mykolg
Using TCHAR* and map.h

I have a map loaded with key/elements of type TCHAR* and am trying to use the map.find() method on the map, but my elements aren't being returned. I'd had to re...
[1 reply] : You are storing pointers, not strings. Because of this, you are storin... (by firedraco)
by Wigen
c++ under Linux and Windows

Hi, I want to know what is the difference between c++ programming under Windows and Linux.
[3 replies] Last: In no particular order here are some of my answers to your question: ... (by Computergeek01)
by shaygo
wmi provider in windows7 failed

Hi. I wrote a simple WMI provider. I call the function in the provider through wmic.exe and wbemtest.exe In XP it works good, but in windows 7 I get an...
[1 reply] : Try disabling User account control (UAC). (by Stewbond)
by phynix
Write to screen directly

Hi; is there any way to put graphics on the screen directly? What I'm basically trying to do is code an 'overlay' on the screen - sort of like a HUD. Where even...
[1 reply] : Enumerate all monitors with EnumDisplayMonitors() and decide the ones ... (by webJose)
Getting window object

Hi, This is my first day learning windows programming with particular objective in my mind. Can someone guide me where to start from and how can we accomplis...
[2 replies] Last: You may want to look up EnumWindows() It allows you to create a callb... (by Texan40)
Prevent automatic window size downscaling with small screen resolution?

I made a program that runs a Windows window with a width of 1350 and height of 626. It runs fine in a 1366x768 screen resolution, but when I reduce the width of...
[2 replies] Last: That method prevents manual window sizing (by dragging the borders), b... (by Khatuni)
string x = argv[1]: <Bad Ptr>

Hi all, I have looked everywhere (on these forums and elsewhere) but can't find a solution to my problem. I have the following code: int _tmain(int argc, _TC...
[4 replies] Last: Okay, thanks everyone for your help, but it turns out that I was on a ... (by mjepson)
FAT32 - creating a text file

Hello everyone! Recently I try to save some data on a SD card using my microcontroller. In order to understand how FAT32 works I use 512 MB SD card and DMD...
[1 reply] : chkdsk might tell you what's wrong. I can't comment on what you've do... (by kbw)
Library for Roguelikes

I want to make a roguelike in Windows. Can anyone recommend any libraries that i should use for this??
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys!! (by evulaye)
Variable "Choice" is Being Used Without Being Initialized

Hi! I am making a Sherlock Holmes text based game in Visual Studio 2012 RC. I have made an integer called choice. When the user presses 1 the game starts, when...
[3 replies] Last: Next time please post in the correct category , since this doesn't hav... (by TwoOfDiamonds)
by bmw
Direct3D and GDI+ Flickering Problem

I am making a 3D game with Direct3D, and GDI+ for the HUD. The problem I have is that the 2D graphics drawn with GDI+ flicker... i do not know why. Also, The...
[3 replies] Last: What else do I use????? I am using Windows XP so I can't use Direct2D ... (by bmw)
win32 console application =>> FTP client

hi how can i create program (ftp client) ? tnx
[10 replies] Last: The need to find the RFC that describes the FTP protocol and implement... (by kbw)
July 2012 Pages: 1234... 7
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.