Windows Programming - July 2012 (Page 4)

GeoCalc - Geo Metric Calculator

This is a simple little console application i made that solves the area and volume of 2d and 3d objects.I already added the math.h header if you want to use the...
[3 replies] Last: Good improvements ! Yeah, using namespace std; can be bad practice.... (by soranz)
Accelerometer Help

Hello! I'm a high school intern at Georgia Tech for the summer and I'm in need of some help. I'm using a pic33F as my microchip as well as a MEMS accelerometer...
[1 reply] : Have u tried this site? http://www.pyroelectro.com/tutorials/accel_in... (by soranz)
Unresolved external symbols

Hello! Does anynoe know what files i must incluade to fix these errors: 1>chatwindow.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall ...
[11 replies] Last: I do that. I send the link to you in PM ASAP. (by Affected1)
The Window Has Been Destroyed, But Still Remains

I created a basic Win32 program that does absolutely nothing useful. Any road, when I click the "X" button, the window vanishes, but in Task Manager, the progra...
[9 replies] Last: OK :) Thanks for all your help, lads :) I appreciate it. Wazzak ... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Help Please!!!

Hey guys, im using visual c++ and when i want to use 'getchar' i use the 'stdio.h' header, but in this website http://www.cprogramming.com/fod/getchar.html it s...
[1 reply] : In C++ both stdio.h and cstdio works. In C only stdio.h will work. Vis... (by modoran)
Understanding an odd for loop for key stroke logger

Howdy forum, I've written a short key stroke logger with some help from my older brother, and was wondering what some of the segments meant and how they worke...
[9 replies] Last: Because I could have sworn it WAS explained there just 10 minutes ago... (by modoran)
I need help in Borland c++ and cin.get!!!

Hey guys, i was wondering that does borland c++ come with the "graphics.h" header. Because when i tried compiling my code the red box error sign came up next to...
[4 replies] Last: you need to include the namespace std; OP did this, and it's not the... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Borland c++ and cin.get doesnt work!!

Hey guys, i was coding in codeblocks and i was trying to compile my simple hello world program with the borland compiler. The thing is i can build the program b...
[3 replies] Last: yeah, there must be something wrong with your codeblock cause i just r... (by Abraham9009)
by rfhzcx
Welcom form

Hello I have to write an application which be tract as a form to confirm first. I need to switch off any possibility to switch the task or close the task in oth...
[3 replies] Last: Google up how to create a secured desktop. (by webJose)
Problem with getenv() function.

i have been trying to fix it for days, still no luck. i have searched web also. here is my code char * a=getenv("APPDATA"); strcat(a,"\\*.*"); cout<<...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks everyone for help.. if i use strings the problem is solved.. ... (by sigmablack)
Delete all files in a folder and subfolder?

I have a folder called wamp in drive D, i want to delete all the files present inside this folder and inside its subfolders (without deleting the folders).. i ...
[2 replies] Last: I figured that out, stupid me.. thanks anyways (by sigmablack)
Windows OpenGl problem(Code::Blocks)

I'm currently trying to learn OpenGl, and my book uses windows along side openGL. The problem though is that i keep getting errors that i do not understand what...
[4 replies] Last: The OP is using GNU linker, not Visual Studio ... The libraries are na... (by modoran)
Program portability among Windows users.

I've been working on a console program for a few days now. Yesterday I tried the .exe on another machine with windows 7. When I ran it I got the following error...
[3 replies] Last: The debug version is not redistributable. MSVCR100D.dll is the debug v... (by modoran)
Visual Basic C++ Help

I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm sure it's simple, and something people will think I am stupid for not knowing how to do! How do I make a treeView or a...
[10 replies] Last: I want to learn c++ programming .Could u guys please help me http... (by pnoid)
some doubt about console application with socket

hi everyone, I have a small question about socket in console I just follow a SDL socket tutorial on this website http://content.gpwiki.org/index.php/SDL:Tu...
[3 replies] Last: or you can use atexit() function just to be sure... (by tofiffe)
WINAPI - Check if popup menu item is selected

Hello! I managed to create a menu with "submenus" like "File", "Edit", "View" and "Help". I also managed to insert items dynamically. Here's my way to create...
[no replies]
Playing avi

I've seen you can play avi with win32 api, but for example could I play a video that is uploaded on some webpage(downloading while playing it)?
[no replies]
ATL exception

Dear All, who did ever meet the issue when I use CreateWnd function , exception - Unhandled exception at 0x005f0776 in ***.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violati...
[1 reply] : This is not an ATL exception, you are trying to read a null pointer in... (by modoran)
How to get ip to hostname ?

Hello everybody . I have a text file , I want to compare ip with in line text This is file text cplusplus.com c++.com C#.com google.com c+++....
[16 replies] Last: ok thank kbw You are great !. (by headshot)
Visual Studio Legal...

Hi! I am thinking about creating and selling my own software made with Visual Studio Ultimate 2012 RC. Now, is this legal, or do I have to ask Microsoft. Thank...
[3 replies] Last: Yes u can sell software made with VS2010 Express. There should be extr... (by soranz)
July 2012 Pages: 1234567
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.