Windows Programming - July 2012 (Page 5)

by soranz
Winsock - reconnecting server - error 10061

Hi ! I have a 1 server/1 client TCP winsock MFC app that works generally the way I want it to. The issue is that when the server/or client disconnects I am unab...
[no replies]
Delete File Recursively not working.

#include<windows.h> #include<string> #include<iostream> using namespace std; int del() { WIN32_FIND_DATA FindFileData; HANDLE hFind = INVALID_...
[3 replies] Last: The problem is this: while (FindNextFile(hFind, &FindFileData) != 0) ... (by modoran)
Direct3D 11 tutorial

Just trying to start the Direct3D11 tutorial, but the first practice source code is failing. I have researched what I could, linked it correctly, added/mappe...
[4 replies] Last: I'm getting no error messages, the D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain simpl... (by surrealife1)
Building a Firewall

Hello everyone, I Understand just about any level of program language and have made software/games/web development.. but I want to take on a great project, a...
[1 reply] : Google up Windows Filtering Platform. (by webJose)
Loading Bitmap from resource (HELP)

So I've got my bitmap in my .rc file, but i don't know what direction to go from there. loading, blit-ing, and displaying a bitmap from a file is easy enough. w...
[6 replies] Last: Anyways you should load your bitmap when having a WM_INITDIALOG or WM_... (by S G H)
by beakie
Common Controls: Window Styles

I am struggling to find a clear list of what classes/window styles I should use to make a basic control of each of the following types? This is what I have s...
[1 reply] : Go here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb773... (by dunmerthief)
by ToniAz
OpenCV Runtime DLLs

Hello everyone! The code is asking for a missing DLL. How can I specify what DLL to use and where it could be found? Using MinGW. Thanks!
[1 reply] : Is this a linker error during compile time, or an OS error during runt... (by Stewbond)
STL Vector vs List

I don't know if Windows Programming is the best place for this, or just General C++ Programming, but I have a question about how the STL vector works behind the...
[4 replies] Last: oh ok, I got it, that makes a lot of sense and you answered pretty muc... (by Gdschaf)
Four threads do not perform four time faster in quad-core!!!

Hi, I am just testing simple parallel programming, using multiple working threads on a quad-core pc -- very simple stuff!! .- I can specify the number o...
[15 replies] Last: Kbw: You´re right. The whole system is the one that get loaded, not t... (by acolmenarez)
Run an executable relative to program's path

I made an application launcher (Windows forms application) When I click the button, I can get it to run cmd.exe and stuff, but if I put spaces in the directory...
[9 replies] Last: The program properly opened after changing the last parameter to show ... (by Tyler111)
Can't open

When I run a program in C++ by manually double clicking it, it opens just fine. But when I run the C++ program through VB.NET, it opens and stops responding...
[6 replies] Last: System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\helloworld.exe")'Try this in your... (by BrU)
Compile Problem with wxDev C++

I am trying to write a windows application (non console) for the first time and I am using wxDev C++. I opened a wxWidget Frame Project and didnt even do anyth...
[1 reply] : This program is meant to be installed on the OS. It's no surprise that... (by soranz)
A bunch of questions

Hi :) *I'm developing a Map Editor for my game and I wonder if there's any way to make it the default program for a certain extension Automaticlly? (with code ...
[2 replies] Last: - Another way to associate a file type with an extension is to go to C... (by Computergeek01)
Win32 GUI window and console window at the same time?

I've been trying to make a console app in witch the user presses enter and then a gui window opens(not MessageBox or anything), but i don't know how exactly i w...
[1 reply] : I would suggest making it another thread for no other reason then it's... (by Computergeek01)
GetOpenFileName() works in release not debug

So i am following this(http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/app_two.html) tutorial as a beginner to windows programming, and so far i have been able to solve every p...
[3 replies] Last: actually nevermind i figured it out. in case of someone having same ... (by fllwthewolves09)
by komp20
.mpg file to .dat file conversion

hi dear friends,could you please, help me with the following problem to be solved in C++ : I have an .mpg file (with glint video), which is needed to be conv...
[1 reply] : You could write your own code for this, but it'd be much easier to use... (by Moschops)
Suggestions for compiling C++ at runtime?

Hi all, I'm trying to design an application that makes software authoring easier, and my initial plan was for the application to convert the user's instructi...
[1 reply] : You could generalize the command line generation and results. Then wr... (by kbw)
COM & IDL

How COM uses IDL to make a component usable across variant systems? I want to know how this works, for example if a vendor developed an algorithm (in C++) th...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, I appreciate it. (by JohnSmithxIOT)
WinAPI - Window creation - Incorrect window size

Hi! I was trying to create two windows using WinAPI. I created a window wrapper class, which seems to work alright, handling window registeration and creatio...
[16 replies] Last: Thank you, Disch! I was already aware of this prefix and posfix featur... (by Henri Korpela)
FREE FOOD AND BEER!!!! also need some DB help

So yeah. I've got some data that I'd like to store in some sort of application. What I'd like is for it to store the data I give it into a txt file(notepad) and...
[9 replies] Last: I know I left this post vacant for a really long time but I just felt ... (by incremental)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 34567
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.