Windows Programming - July 2013

File Iteration Problem

Hey, I'm currently writing a file backup/synch program and I'm currently writing the most important function for it. They synch function. Ignoring the ultimate ...
[9 replies] Last: Ah, I may see what's going on with the typing. I just noticed the #def... (by TDSGoldenSun)
_getch(): RETURN Values...

So, I have decided to experiment with _getch... Interestingly enough, I have found that there are different 'escape' values returned for different kinds of c...
[3 replies] Last: I did some experiments: getch() returns the same values as _getch()... (by IWishIKnew)
by Croug
zlib error

I stole the zlib example inflate code from zpipe.c I have all my imports in order(the same ones from zpipe.c) and I have there binary corruption fix at the top ...
[4 replies] Last: If you don't find using a slighly olf version of zlib, there are prebu... (by andywestken)
Visual Studio 11 on the command line

Hello, I have a quick question regarding compiling on the command line using visual studio 11. I am going through the getting started tutorials on MSDN. ...
[16 replies] Last: modoran: It has no need to support wWinMain, it's only barely even me... (by Veltas)
Copying and pasting files

I am making a file manager and I wanted to be able to copy and paste a file into a new directory. Thank you!
[7 replies] Last: Thank you for your help and time, andywestken! (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Read Registry only works in debug

hi im trying to read from the registry it seems to work fine. but as soon as i try to run my program from release this code dont seem to work what its ment to ...
[6 replies] Last: thanks heaps for the help. think that has helped me out heaps thanks f... (by poohpooh)
Fixed window, textarea, password capability...

I need code for a Fixed window the size of 700x700 and a text area in the middle with a submit button...the text area will be for the password...the button will...
[3 replies] Last: It got solved already....and I did repost it... (by TProductions)
by Croug
Simple Decompression Example

I'm looking for a simple example on how to decompress a zip file.
[4 replies] Last: Thank you for the link, and I specified that I wanted a simple example... (by Croug)
Can I use the SetFileAttribute() API function to hide folder ???

Hi All, I am a beginner at WINAPI C++ and, I recently found out the SetFileAttribute() function Can this be used for hiding folders??? Is it made for files ...
[1 reply] : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365535(v=vs.85).aspx (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Please Help me.......

Hi all, In my win32 application,I want to createa window with 3 column & N rows.By using Listview control (Report style)How can i create this table.Please give ...
[3 replies] Last: @NT3 Your CreateWindowEx call is missing the class name and window na... (by andywestken)
Can someone please help me?

I need a link for how to make an integer into a character...example... int gwtstat =0; ....... if(gwtstat == "Password"){} It is getting it to work with...
[6 replies] Last: OMG...thanks man...you helped so much.....I can finally make it a succ... (by TProductions)
by Skid
Work with two projects and one project folder

Hello guys, currently I'm working on two projects at the same time. This two projects are embedded into one project folder. The first project is the default ...
[1 reply] : Change the project properties. It will let you choose target director... (by Veltas)
Cursor does not show up?

Resource File RedXCursor CURSOR "redxico1.cur" Header File #ifndef REDXWIN_H_INCLUDED #define REDXWIN_H_INCLUDED #define REDX_WINDOW 1002 #defin...
[11 replies] Last: A while back I did not newed the SetCursor, it worked entirely on its ... (by Johnny111111111)
Loading OS via Master Boot Record

Hi, I have successfully wrote to the MBR (Master Boot Record), the program was a "Hello World!" and wrote it to Windows The Entry Point of the Bootloader...
[no replies]
by winten
zlib1.dll is missing

Hello I recently started to learn c++ but I bumped in to a problem that I could not solve myself. (I am using Visual Studio 11). I was trying to use curl from: ...
[1 reply] : I downloaded the version which included zlib1.dll file: http://curl.h... (by winten)
How to get string from combo box selection

I'm looking to get the string from a combo box selection. I was hoping it would work similarly to getting the string from a list box selection but it doesn't l...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for that link!! The main trouble I have when I search is th... (by Ulfhedhin)
by Daylen
Post Message from Thread to Main Window

Hi, I am programming a Win32 Program in Visual c++ 2010. It is one of my first not console programs. Since I have a lot of computations to make, I needed a thr...
[7 replies] Last: Thank You! Daylen :-) (by Daylen)
Looking for some recommendations

Hi everybody, i have just finished a book about native API with C/C++. Now i quite grasp of the WinAPI mechanism and can start to code some simple programs. ...
[6 replies] Last: Windows 9 release date, news and rumours http://www.techradar.com/ne... (by andywestken)
Problems setting text. PLZZZ Help!

Ok, I have an int that I want to display in an edit control. I used stringstream to convert the int to a char, but when I compile it tells me that I can only us...
[6 replies] Last: It yould be better if you used the approach kbw first suggested; using... (by andywestken)
MoveFile function failure

Hi, In my win32 application i want to rename some file.But MoveFile function is not working properly.code is given below.Please correct me void Rename(LPCTST...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks alot........Its working now (by manjut19)
July 2013 Pages: 123... 9
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.