Windows Programming - July 2013 (Page 5)

by Disch
You're using the wrong character type

Hi. If I linked you to this thread, it's because I saw you making a very common mistake with WinAPI and I wanted to correct you. You are passing the wrong typ...
[1 reply] : [quote=Someone in a PM]Is there any kind of workaround to make the fun... (by Disch)
String to SQLCHAR* or LPCSTR Conversion

I've got another question regarding my program. Considering that I can't seem to get str.c_str() to work, how would I go about getting the resulting code to wor...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, okay, thanks for the response. You're completely correct that SQ... (by TDSGoldenSun)
Why use InitCommonControls and comctl32.lib ?

Hello everyone, I am a complete newbie to Win32 API programming and I am also new to this forum. I would like to know why do we need to link the ...
[3 replies] Last: Can anyone give a situation where I have to link to comctl32 .lib and... (by sreyan32)
Just started Windows api....

I just started to learn how to code in windows api, I learnt about handles windows and instances ect... I managed to code something I THINK should display a win...
[8 replies] Last: If you made it this far and you are still having issues with the windo... (by newbieg)
N number of rows & n Number of column editor

Hi, Is there any control similar to spread sheet(Similar to EXcel aplication of Microsoft) in visual stidio??
[4 replies] Last: Yes, it is. You can set the list view to have editable cells by settin... (by TwilightSpectre)
Help with a basic calculator (brand new to programming)

I have been following some tutorials on learncpp.com and am trying to program a calculator but have hit a snag. It always outputs the second number, it never gi...
[1 reply] : In your GetOperator() function, you aren't returning anything. When it... (by TwilightSpectre)
by lmsmi1
Two things

Well, here's the full code: #include <windows.h> #include "FreeImage/FreeImage.h" LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM); HWND hwnd; H...
[no replies]
Performance compare: Secured, Non-Secured

Hello, i have a deprecated project i like to upgrade. I also get as advise from the VS2012 compiler that i should use the secured version of several commands l...
[3 replies] Last: I think the "secure" functions are pointless. sprintf -> sprintf_s str... (by kbw)
Loading code from an external cpp file

If I have a cpp file that is too big, I could break it up, but how could I compile them together?
[5 replies] Last: Thanks guys. (by closed account NUj6URfi)
CODE help!

I am getting an error that is: error C3845: 'Telemetry1::routineTlm1::f_tempTopPlate': only static data members can be initialized inside a ref class or value ...
[3 replies] Last: Making a constructor got it to work. Thanks! (by epd5030)
C1075 compilation error of unmatched braces in .tlh file for window store app when using "#import msxml3.dll"

Hello, I have an app which when on compiling for windows store app, I am getting C1075 compilation error. This app has "#import msxml3.dll" 1>c:\pro...
[no replies]
Communication with different dialogue box in same MFC dialogue based application

I already designed one dialogue based application in MFC and I want to add two dialogues before the main dialogue open.I tried to call one of the new dialogue t...
[7 replies] Last: I think you need to reconsider your design. For a CDialog based appl... (by ajh32)
Database Connections in Windows Program

Hi, I'm currently working on a program that needs to access information from a database. I posted a similar question to the "General C++" forum, but it got a re...
[3 replies] Last: I managed to get this before I tried mysql. It fails every time. S... (by TDSGoldenSun)
Newbie needs help

So I made a button. Yay! This is what it looks like : ... ... LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND hWnd, UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { #def...
[11 replies] Last: I have no idea what a notification code is. While searching for in f... (by andywestken)
Trying to see if the left mouse button was clicked?

#ifdef __APPLE__ #include <GLUT/glut.h> #else #include <GL/glut.h> #endif #include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> #include <windows.h> using namespace s...
[8 replies] Last: This is where... #1 Things are complicated by Glut... Like other cr... (by andywestken)
Okay, os heres the new problem.

Hello World shows up, but the window is invisable, and please do nnot tell me to paint it in, its futile that I be able to see the exit button, and other button...
[12 replies] Last: Disregard my previous post I was mistaken. (by naraku9333)
Quick Question!

// Project1.cpp : main project file. #include "stdafx.h" #include "Form1.h" using namespace Project1; int main(array<System::String ^> ^args) { ...
[11 replies] Last: I found the missing brace. Didn't realize it could be in the header fi... (by epd5030)
Trying to figure out a Spin Control

I'm working on a name generator. I got help in another post with a return issue. Now that that is taken care of, I'm looking to tweak my program to make it "s...
[1 reply] : I figured I'd bump this post rather than start a new one :). I'm stil... (by Ulfhedhin)
Help please :/

Why will my window not show up? There is not a line of output, I thing its either how I did COLOREFF, or my messaging system. #include <windows.h> #include <...
[11 replies] Last: Actually sorry TDS, it works fine, its jut you can not see the minus a... (by Johnny111111111)
Error expression expected before line 32?

I willpoint to line 32 with a arrow like this "<--". #include <windows.h> LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND hwnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam...
[2 replies] Last: Look here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd... (by coder777)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 9
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.