Windows Programming - July 2013 (Page 6)

by d2e8k
Call MDI frame from SDI one.

hello! I have application (SDI Frame). I am trying to create window with MDI(!) frame by pressing button using the following code : HWND hwnd = ::Cr...
[no replies]
by klay2
array problem

when using setpixel (I know don't start criticizing me about it) I cant do this SetPixel(hdc, x , y , c); it says expression must have pointer to object ...
[3 replies] Last: please also guide in easy coding of array Sorry, that's too vague a... (by andywestken)
Find dialog box not working

Hi I am trying to create a find dialog box with function FindText(); .But i am gettting access violation.Please help me. case ID_FIND40012: { FINDREPLACE ...
[2 replies] Last: above code also getting access violation some time.Correct code case ... (by manjut19)
by wretch
Non blocking message box?

#include<windows.h> #include<stdio.h> int int_AppRunning = 1; LRESULT CALLBACK OurWindowProcedure(HWND han_Wind,UINT uint_Message,WPARAM parameter1...
[2 replies] Last: msdn coding is very helpful thank you (by zeeshanaayan07)
Where my user certificates are installed when doing it under a windows service?

Hi, I am trying to add certificates into a certificate store for current logged in user. All these must be done under a service (run with LocalSystem acc...
[3 replies] Last: The steps are this: 1 . Get a primary process (OpenProcessToken) - usu... (by modoran)
Calling Print Information set by User

I am creating a program in c++ (win32), where in, I need to call the print information set by the user in for any application (ex. MS Word, Excel, etc) through ...
[no replies]
How to protect my process from being killed???

Hi everyone, I im making a small parental controls example I have searched a lot of protecting process and came across functions such as "RtlSetproces...
[3 replies] Last: hi all this is how i set the acl#include <Windows.h> #include <Aclapi... (by closed account 3hMz8vqX)
by aggsyb
Opening sequential text files with Fstream

Hi I currently have a list of text files that are in order, text01, text02, text03 etc etc.. the list is always different day to day but they are rewritten in t...
[7 replies] Last: Worked great, thanks alot :) (by aggsyb)
low-level C++, please direct me.

Hi, i want to use the network adapter in a low level way using a c++ program. i mean: i want to specify an exact message to be sent via that adapter, and mon...
[10 replies] Last: SDL & SFML have a good one. Winsock is good too if you're a windows-o... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Visual Studios Error Message Please help

I'm trying to launch my project in visual studios but this is the message I get: The project "Game_1" cannot be started directly. In order to debug this pr...
[2 replies] Last: The project was done in monogame, can you still copy the files and pas... (by Dave Jones)
by Rooky
Game dev

Going to be coding my game in C++ I was wondering what game engine would be the best for my game Thank you for your time
[3 replies] Last: you could use crytech or unreal, but depending on how big your team is... (by roger911)
by PetrT
Sgrange error on VS2012

Hi, I have a problem to compile a cpp code on VS2012. The compilation finishes with the following errors: 1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 11.0\vc...
[3 replies] Last: _hypotf is only available on Itanium Processor Family (IPF) platforms... (by andywestken)
I need to multiply but I don't know how

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { //declaring variables double Pi= 3.1416 ; double Diameter_ofcircle = 0.0; do...
[1 reply] : Looks like you need to add a button, then assign it to do the math. D... (by SamuelAdams)
How to use the NTTerminateProcess Function windows ?

Hi Im new to Cplus plus.com and this is my first question, How will you use the NtTerminateProcess Function ? I use codeblocks 12.11 can you give a code sni...
[1 reply] : Hi arvind333, I guess You want rather to use TerminateProcess. Genara... (by sw143)
What do I need to do so my code can influence other programs?

Hello, How can I make my program influence other's activity/read other's data? I'm really curious:) Some example programs to show you what I mean: Programs t...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much for your answer! I will check it out :) (by MatthewRock)
undefined refrence to waveInGetNumDev

Hello there :) I just decided to do an microphone capture with some windows function. Since im rather Inexperienced i decided to aim low at first with waveIn...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot! i knew its just a detail :) (by void noob)
Senior Software Engineer

KLA-Tencor is hiring! Work with incredibly smart people and help change the course of technology every day. Be the talent that is behind KLA-Tencor’s market ...
[1 reply] : Hi, Good Job offer but it does not belong here please post it in "Job... (by closed account G309216C)
by klay2
need help

I cant make a array with a variable as a spot in it example: x //header files to include #include<windows.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<time...
[1 reply] : you mean declare an array with a variable amount? its impossible unles... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Differentiating 2 events coming under same handler

Hi iam in little bit confusion regarding my application.In my win 32 application i have to do 2 operation 1.Left mouse click on the client area should generate ...
[1 reply] : i have to do 2 operation Have to? What you're asking for is not... (by andywestken)
Context menu item order

Please help me on the below code. case WM_RBUTTONDOWN: { HMENU hPopupMenu = CreatePopupMenu(); HMENU hSubMenu=CreatePopupM...
[2 replies] Last: As you're always passing index 0 to InsertMenu when using MF_BYPOSITIO... (by andywestken)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 456789
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.