Windows Programming - July 2013 (Page 8)

GUI: Where to start

In the past, I have tried installing libraries, and that had not gone well. I want to write GUIs for my programs, but I have no means to do so. 1. What t...
[5 replies] Last: I suggest wxWidgets very simple and easy to understand. But you may w... (by Aceix)
by sgli
Identify multiple mouse and trigger events

Hello there, I'm fairly inexpierent in programing since i work in another IT-field. Maybe you can help me with this problem. I have between 4-6 usb mice...
[1 reply] : I've done some research and found some examples using WM_INPUT. Now b... (by andywestken)
by Manga
visual c++ express 2010, anyone?

So my independent studies have lead me to this bad ass concept of a "makefile". I hear it will glue different .cpp files together. So cool I'm totally excited!...
[4 replies] Last: BEHOLD MY POWER AND FEAR ME!!!!! Thank you Disch, you were right on... (by Manga)
Radio buttons

I have four radio buttons. When I select radioButton1 I go to form2 and when radioButton2 is selected I go to form3 and etc. So far I have this private:...
[1 reply] : private: System::Void btnContinue_Click(System::Object^ sender, Syste... (by smartgurl)
CERN Reflex Parameter ret

I'm trying to use CERN's Root Reflex but am a bit confused. I noticed the first parameter is T& ret. That's the confusing part. The documentation has no mention...
[no replies]
Office and Exchange not Win32 API ?

In another forum, there was somebody saying the the Microsoft applications "Office" and "Exchange" are not Win32 AP applications. I would certainly guess th...
[3 replies] Last: just cause it runs on windows doesnt mean that it uses the win32 api. ... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
C++ music

I was wondering how I could make music on code blocks. I've never anything like this before so I don't know what I have to do.
[5 replies] Last: Wow, Andywestken! It also provided me with useful information, many ... (by closed account G309216C)
help licensing please

Duoas wrote: > josheir wrote: Hi, one year ago there was writing of licensing software that include: > >THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WA...
[no replies]
by dekoom
How about wxDev-cpp? someone tell me it is the best one

Im new in c++.Someone tell wxdev is the best Compiler.How do you think about it? Is it very popular?(Sorry I am Asian.Poor english)
[2 replies] Last: Thanks :) (by dekoom)
Can vectors hold objects that contain vectors?

My searches would suggest no (something about a vector has to know the size of the objects it contains and since vectors can change, that means it doesn't work)...
[6 replies] Last: Assuming your vector stores Orthography* pointers, then // Resize... (by andywestken)
by jensen
How Use Fortran/VisualC++ functions in Netbeans?

I try to compile in Netbeans a c++ code with setulb_function which is a Fortran function implemented in lbfgs optimizer. This function is defined like that: ...
[no replies]
New Win32 project, how can I view the main form?

I've made (very!) simple Windows programs before but always as empty projects and typed in the code (WinMain, InitInstance, etc.) manually to try to learn more....
[7 replies] Last: My possibly naïve knee-jerk reaction is to go with C++/CLI On the p... (by andywestken)
communication between processors

Hello. How communication between processors in Win 7 and Win XP ? please.
[5 replies] Last: LPC is another possible mechanism, along with pipes (named and anonymo... (by andywestken)
Receiving Information from a Serial Port

I am communicating with a device through a serial port. I have successfully sent a message to the device “0xC1, 0xD2, 0x21” which tells the device to wake ...
[7 replies] Last: dec_point is of type char, so cout treats it as a printable character.... (by Null)
Comparison is always true... Why?

Here's my code. if (letter3.compare("\n")==1){ PrintCharacterLineEnd(); return main(); cin.get();} letter3 is a string. I want the program to do the ...
[1 reply] : How can I fix this? Read the help about string::compare http://www.... (by andywestken)
Win32 API Beginning help

Hello! I am making a Win32 program, and I working on how to make a window... I have all the code to make it work, however, I want to make a function that I can...
[11 replies] Last: From what you are saying maybe you are trying to write a library or a ... (by modoran)
How can I concatenate 2 wstrings?

I'm actually a little baffled that I can't pull this off since working with strings is somewhat straightforward. I'm even more baffled that doing a search yiel...
[12 replies] Last: Ahh, thanks :). Too bad the other guy couldn't just give a straight a... (by Ulfhedhin)
Very Basic Window Update

Hey, I'm having a problem with a program I'm writing. This is my first time using Windows API and I'm unable to get the Window to "repaint" itself. Here is my W...
[6 replies] Last: I'll direct the few other questions I have elsewhere. This thread has ... (by TDSGoldenSun)
Visual Studio-Code Help!

private: System::Void checkBox1_CheckedChanged(System::Object^ sender, System::EventArgs^ e) { double maxValue; double minValue; if(ch...
[10 replies] Last: I found the problem. A datapoint needed to be added in. It works perf... (by MikeyBoy)
Unidentified Hook Error

Hi, I am really struggling, I made a simple NT\ZW function hook, without any direct __asm keyword accept from few machine code signatures. I have not use...
[2 replies] Last: Well Okay, *(DWORD*)((LPBYTE)tmpStub + 1) = *(DWORD*)((LPBYTE)R... (by closed account G309216C)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 6789
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.