Windows Programming - July 2014

by Razoth
SendInput and wheel movement

Hi, I've got a problem with simulating wheel-movement in the SendInput function. I get my wheel to move forwards, but i have no idea on how to move it backwa...
[no replies]
by zdzero
Something about calling conventions

I thought I understood calling conventions, until this popped into my head: In the API calling convention (stdcall), on x86, the parameters are pushed on to ...
[5 replies] Last: Yes, except for naked, because the frame pointer isn't set up. (by kbw)
[win32] - how build a combinekeys() function? (1,2)

i need some advices for build a combinekeys() function. void CombineKeys(int key1, int key2,...) { } is for be used, normaly, with keys messages. ...
[24 replies] Last: Disch thanks for all... thank you (by Cambalinho)
WM_CREATE not called?

case WM_CREATE: { lP = MAKEIPADDRESS(127, 0, 0, 1); HWND ip = GetDlgItem(hDlg, IDC_IPADDRESS1); SendMessage(ip, IPM_SETADDRESS, 0, lP); Output...
[3 replies] Last: My advice would be to just do things right and set yourself up with a ... (by freddie1)
by sambos
Graphics advice

Hi, I'm working on a Windows Form Application. Up until now, I haven't coded any graphics programs. I have a little in C++ but not in C++/CLI. The applicatio...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry, that's me not reading properly. If it's a local app, then the ... (by kbw)
by ahcfan
Please help me understand compound files (COM structured storage)

Normally I have no trouble following the MSDN documentation but I'm really lost when it comes to compound files. One of the code examples starts talking about P...
[8 replies] Last: So what's your beef with compound files? It's a pointless dead-end t... (by kbw)
Using ifstream won't open a file after being selected using OPENFILENAME

Basically, I am trying to let the user select a file given a selection box and given that users input, I want to open their selected .txt file as an ifstream an...
[3 replies] Last: The problem is that you already opened the file using exclusive acces... (by modoran)
[win32] - the form can use 2 timers?

the form can use, with WM_TIMER message, 2 timers? why the question: because i create a 2nd timer(the 1st timer works fine) in WM_CREATE message, but seems be i...
[4 replies] Last: i'm sorry, but these seems crazy :( see the WM_SHOWWINDOW: case WM_SH... (by Cambalinho)
delete last character in file

hello wrote a simple keylogger in c + + backspace button, I would like to work in such a way that after you click opens the file are stored into the characters ...
[7 replies] Last: but the OP didn't mention whether he was using Unicode or Multi-byte ... (by SIK)
by admkrk
Shortcut with a relative path breaks my program

I am not sure that this is a programming problem so much as a Windows problem, but figure it cannot hurt to ask. My program uses Qt and as far as I can tell...
[16 replies] Last: Cool, I am trying to figure out where to start looking to understand i... (by admkrk)
How to use bitmaps?

I have been trying to figure this out the last couple days, and nothing on the internet seems to make much sense. So, I am turning to my last resort: a forum. ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks! I will use that after I am done reading through this on msdn: ... (by AceDawg45)
A little Guidance

I'm trying to learn c++ on my own so im kind of basic in my knowledge. i'm using windows 2012 express. i wrote this code and when i tried to compile it i got a ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks alot, that cleared theproblem right up. (by jeff4lyfe)
error C2039: 'GameData' : is not a member of 'sf'

Error C2039: 'GameData' : is not a member of 'sf' Been trying to figure the problem out for a while now and just can't get my head around it. Any solutions a...
[3 replies] Last: Okay, seems I fixed the issue, for some reason I had two different "LJ... (by JrMiddo)
[win32] - about joystick

i activate the joystick with some search: switch(msg) { case WM_NCCREATE: { CREATESTRUCT *p = (...
[no replies]
by Garion
Common Controls and the InitCommonControls Functions

I'm a bit confused at the moment about the usage of the InitCommonControls() and InitCommonControlsEx() functions. I thought a program had to call one of the I...
[3 replies] Last: So a question... How can I tell when I need to call one of the InitCo... (by knn9)
How to write GUIs like Spotify or Steam?

So, some of you probably have the desktop programs of Spotify or Steam, and if not those, then Visual Studio 2013 is a suitable example. So, if you have noticed...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks! Got it to work. A lot simpler than what I was expecting. (by AceDawg45)
Structure of graphical C++ program?

Hello all. I'm just wondering if my idea of how this all works is correct: in a C++ file, you type some code saying "open a window." in the same file, ...
[1 reply] : I would suggest component based entities so you can reuse code. A tria... (by giblit)
The reason for a caret

In the book "Microsoft Visual C++/CLI Step by Step", The following class is defined: ref Class Animal public: int legs; void SetName(String ^nm) ...
[1 reply] : It's a Handle, kind of a cross between a pointer and a reference. see... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
8.3 Filename

Is there some way to bypass this? I need to have a text file that has 9 or more characters for a filename. Im using a dos version of turbo c++ It really is a...
[5 replies] Last: Forcing the students to use Turbo C++ prevents them from just copy the... (by Peter87)
@ limburger Parsing Text File Contents

Sorry I had to start a new thread. There's a forum bug which blocks me from replying in the original thread: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/139091/ ...
[5 replies] Last: I'm glad that the original problem is apparently resolved. As for th... (by Chervil)
July 2014 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [jun2014] [aug2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.