Windows Programming - July 2014 (Page 3)

by Plavsa
Server communication

Hi there. I have an interesting question but i've never worked with online servers, nor anything that connects windows app with internet so i might say somethin...
[3 replies] Last: Never thought that they made it like that. Thank you so much, I apprec... (by Plavsa)
Exporting TreeView List

Hey there, I'm creating a database GUI using TreeView Controls and I was wondering if there is any way I can export the TreeView list, as a whole and stream it...
[1 reply] : create item list in std:vector and use this structure to fill tree vie... (by tath)
by Jman2
File Read and count number of times specified characters appear

Hi I need help, I have a program project due in 4 days and managed to compose a source file for counting indivdual characters from a file but whenever I run my ...
[8 replies] Last: I've fixed my problem by simply changing the type of total to a double... (by Jman2)
Error: stray '\254' in program; stray ...

I write this simple code and it brings up stray errors 254, 222, 220, 154, 150... #include<iostream> #include<stdlib.h> #include<string> using namespace s...
[3 replies] Last: Problem is currently fixed. Could it be the issue caused by some viru... (by sorceror)
[win32] - how make the form transparent?

i have 1 function for make the form transparent: void settransparency(HWND handlewindow,color backcolor, std::uint8_t Transperancy=255) { ...
[1 reply] : what a diference between transparent form and shaped form? the transpa... (by Cambalinho)
by R23MJ
Download an Exe from the web?

So, I am trying to just download a simple executable from the web, in specific MediaFire. The problem is all I can find on downloading files is UrlDownloadToFil...
[7 replies] Last: Downloading from file sharing sites like mediafire.com means you need ... (by modoran)
by R23MJ
Compare user input to computer password?

Hello again, I was planning on making a program, which requires login, catch is, instead of the user choosing there password on first launch, it uses the comput...
[1 reply] : Windows pre-xp store the password in plain text but after that it is h... (by giblit)
by sambos
reading *.rtf files

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been discussed already so if you're aware of a previous post, please direct me to it. I'm after some guidance reading from rt...
[4 replies] Last: Hi, Thanks for the suggested links MrProGramer121 and modoran... I ... (by sambos)
[win32] - how can i activate the BS_NOTIFY child messages?

the child control is created with BS_NOTIFY for i get it's own messages. but i belive that i have something wrong with my form control, on window procedure: ...
[7 replies] Last: ok.. seems ok now realy thanks for all (by Cambalinho)
ShellExecute problem with .lnk to 'Wireless Network Connection' on Windows XP

*NOTE* This issue is specific to Windows XP, which is where I am requesting assistance. Windows 7 has plenty of avenues for making this work successfully and ...
[no replies]
Please help newbie!

Hi, First let me say thank you in advance to anybody who is willing to take the time to help me out. I am a VB6 guy from way back trying to update my pro...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you Freddie, I greatly appreciate it. I look forward to playing ... (by Ash Telecaster)
Listening/recording of a user's action

Hello guys, I am doing an internship and my company asks me to implement a software to record people's actions on their computer. Nothing illegal here as the...
[no replies]
code problems

OOook, lets try this... I'm trying to figure out how to acces class object from a class wihtout trying to acces object of an class from a start. BTW: good thi...
[3 replies] Last: Initialize functions without calling the class for them, ( like examp... (by mutexe)
Get Parsing Char Array from PWSTR

Hey there, I'm using Common Item Dialog to get a Folder Parsing. I've extracted the Parsing Name using IShellItem::GetDisplayName(SIGDN_DESKTOPABSOLUTEPARS...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, Modoran. (by SixTsevN)
by imoo
Problem with Group Boxes Win32 GUI

I have multiple group boxes in my GUI. In order to access the controls there, I use WM_PARENTNOTIFY. POINT pt; pt.x = GET_X_LPARAM(lParam); pt.y = GET_Y_L...
[1 reply] : why accessing buttons through group box? if gui elements are static us... (by tath)
by teslaa
User32.BlockInput status?

I am calling blockinput from the user32 library however I want to poll the status of this as ctrl+alt+del events unblock it. Is there a way to get the status of...
[no replies]
by teslaa
WinXp Login from Service

I have created a service which I am running in windows XP and I want it to log me in with the hard coded credentials I have. Any ideas? I want the ability to lo...
[2 replies] Last: this is exactly what I was looking for, thanks! (by teslaa)
Need help with Wininet - Overwrites my file [FTP]

Hi. I'm using the wininet api. Im trying to write stuff to a file wich is located on my server via FTP. Everything works just fine. BUT! When i w...
[no replies]
Having trouble understanding Code::Blocks errors

When I try to build a .cpp file, just a simple hello world program, an error shows up in red in the build log at the bottom of the window: Execution of 'ming...
[4 replies] Last: That is the version I have. It did install, but I think there is somet... (by GingerDolphin)
I want to put a live chat room on my site, any ideas how to do this?

Hi, I have a website and quite a few members have suggested that adding a chat room would be a great idea. I'm searching for something I might be able to ...
[2 replies] Last: if you use php: https://github.com/DTSCode/awesome-php https://github.... (by Little Bobby Tables)
July 2014 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [jun2014] [aug2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.