Windows Programming - July 2019

PostMessage function

Hello! I am trying to automate an installation process and it is going pretty good. I've got it up and running but thought i could improve it by moving away fro...
[11 replies] Last: Alright haha ty. Ye i'll try. Thanks (by wille480)
Server security

I made up some scenarios so you would better understand my questions. First scenario: Client knocks on the door. The server opens the door. Client says hey ...
[2 replies] Last: Clearly this is just spam or a troll... personally I would just report... (by Ganado)
How can I check errors when opening file?

Hi. I am using std::ofstream to write a log file. I know I can check if there was an error during opening or writing to the file by checking for failbit or ...
[9 replies] Last: NT had some business use improvements, it took a crack at security, ha... (by jonnin)
GetAsyncKeyState() after system("PAUSE")

I am looking for a way to wait for either an Escape or Return keypress and ignore all others. Escape should break out of the loop, and return should print, take...
[4 replies] Last: It was only virtually nonsensical. :-) Also, I remember from a past... (by dutch)
Remote Frame Buffer protocol Programming

I do need clarification, I do want to understand something about RFB (VNC) protocols. I am writing a project to implement VNC and its protocols hence a rough go...
[3 replies] Last: @m0mathur, send defines the second parameter as a void *, it doesn't ... (by Niccolo)
Audio recording from application

Hello, I'm trying to record sound from application/game. I've been searching for some time and all i found about audio how to record microphone. I asked arou...
[no replies]
by Ganado
GetImageConfigInformation call is returning false

The GetImageConfigInformation Windows API call is returning false for me. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? This function doesn't seem documented very well, so ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the very fast reply! :) You are correct, it still compi... (by Ganado)
Get/SetDIbits of BITMAP pixel

If I load an HBITMAP from file, how can I get and set the pixel data? I can see some links on how to get the data, but I can't find out how to set the data or ...
[1 reply] : Something like this: BITMAPINFO bmi; std::fill(reinterpret... (by coder777)
by Carat1
display address instead of value

hello, i'm making a trainer for a game and i want to display the address in a textbox instead of the value. i have this so far: textBox1->Text = Value.ToSt...
[8 replies] Last: All bets are off. Objects in .NET aren't stable - they move whenever ... (by Niccolo)
by MrSY
How to get size of Panel wxwidgets

Hey, i just started recently with wxwidgets, so i am a beginner. I have trouble to get the size for my panel, i get them but the dimensions are wrong. The ...
[2 replies] Last: i was able to solve it :D the values were constantly on 20 . with this... (by MrSY)
Remote Frame Buffer protocol Programming

please i want to ask something , what Do i need to study should i want to get into RFB (Remote frame buffer protocol) Programming for VNC Clients? What exactly ...
[5 replies] Last: Google for TightVNC, the website has a good discussion, and basically ... (by Niccolo)
by hitlar
how will i get wnd value (define in Winproc) just after CreateWindowExW statement execute

static LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProc(HWND wnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wparam, LPARAM lparam) { } int main(..) { HWND wnd1 = CreateWindowExW(...); here h...
[1 reply] : Handle the WM_CREATE message, which is a C based Constructor call of t... (by freddie1)
How fix error below code on visual c++/cli?

con = gcnew MySqlConnection("datasource=localhost; port=3306; username=root; password=41556126;"); String^ selectQuery = "select * from info.images where...
[1 reply] : It show error on line 20 for this words (byte , img) and line 21 for t... (by Jamal Rshad)
How insert image to mysql ,I using visual c++/CLI

Hello, I write code using visual c++/CLI to insert image to mysql . But it show errors, It show (parameter is not valid)!! Can anyone help me??
[8 replies] Last: It show error on this words (byte, , img, img) how fix error? (by Jamal Rshad)
Disable mouse scroll wheel button permanently

Hello everyone, I have a question that's bothering me. So I have a friend whose mouse scroll wheel just broke, but not mechanically, it's just went crazy - scro...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, they are modified correctly That's not what I asked. Do you reb... (by dutch)
  Archived months: [jun2019] [aug2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.