Windows Programming - June 2012 (Page 3)

Visual Studio C++ 2010 Help

Hi folks I need some help with VS C++ 2010. It is something very basic.. I downloaded and compiled the MIDI library from here: https://github.com/jdkoftinof...
[5 replies] Last: And if that didn't make any sense then you should look through the sit... (by newbieg)
Program that sends information

I want to make a program with two text boxes. When the user types in information into the text boxes, and presses a button, I want the information to be sent to...
[1 reply] : Well, first and foremost you need to learn the C++ language. See the ... (by webJose)
loading dll files.

i am a beginner at dlls. i can load a dll file if know the return types and arguments. but how to load a function from a dll file if i don't know return types ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for helping. (by time to c)
8button mouse - WM messages

Hello guys, I'am learning the programming of win32 api and right now I'am experimenting with mouse messages. Win supports only 5 button mouse, but I got 8 bu...
[4 replies] Last: The drivers for the mouse are installed, but I don't have the CD with ... (by HellMaster22)
restart a window service programmatically

Can anyone guide me or give me a sample code to restart a window service automatically i mean restart through programming.
[6 replies] Last: I didn't say it didn't work, I only say that requires administrative p... (by modoran)
problem of color in a scene

Hello, I have a scene that revolved in 32bit color with all of my objects, after complicate the application under 64bit, I lost all color on my existing objets...
[4 replies] Last: ok, thank you (by ibrakola)
A professional GUI design toolkit for creating exotic and great user interfaces

Hi, I have always wanted to design a software with a great and exotic user interface which includes non-standard and uncommon UI components such as tabs, bar...
[no replies]
Mobile application question?

HI! So recently I've coded a game in cplusplus and was wondering, because I would like to develop applications for mobile devices, what would be the best path ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks (by closed account iNU7ko23)
Chaning panel colour help

have just started to learn c++, for a job i am trying to get. I all ready know basic so i know a bit about programming, i am required to make a GUI application ...
[no replies]
by adn258
FindFirstFile Win32 Function Can't Get It To Work Right?

So I Have some classes for deleting files and I wanted a function within those classes that would delete a file if the file name contains certain strings like f...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry Sloppy9 sometimes my "performance" is off and I'm an idiot. Tha... (by adn258)
Looking to make a timer w/ interface

I'm looking to start a project to make a timer program that allows easy-to-use features such as click to start, time remaining displayed, as well as easy progra...
[3 replies] Last: Well, you can take some time and learn Windows Forms or you can go bac... (by webJose)
A special toolkit or suite for designing extraordinary or non-standard user interfaces

Hi I want to develop an application having a very eye-catching user interface like 'Kaspersky Pure 2012' or even Babylon. Actually, I want to have an UI with...
[8 replies] Last: Don't get me wrong. Of course it will be a resource hugger when compa... (by webJose)
How to close the console after I get input?

I currently have the console get the file name for my win32 program and want to close it after I get the input for the file name. I have been having trouble ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks (by Recluse)
cin >> a;

whenever i use cin >> a; I have to enter an integer, what am I doing wrong?
[10 replies] Last: whenever i use cin >> a; I have to enter an integer int a; Int sta... (by viliml)
Where can i find tutorials?

im pretty good with c++ overall, but ive only been using it for about 7 months. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could find tutorials on how to make progr...
[1 reply] : OpenCV can handle webcam stream. (by modoran)
ID3DXSprite::Flush() Hanging

Hello, I'm wondering if somebody can see something that I am missing. I have a font class that takes a struct with some information and renders the string...
[no replies]
error C2664: 'AppendMenuA' : cannot convert

I'm trying to compile my .dll but, I'm getting errors. cannot convert parameter 4 from 'const wchar_t ' to 'LPCSTR'' AppendMenu(hCurrent, MF_STRING | MF_P...
[2 replies] Last: The problem is that you are mixing wide strings with the width-agnosti... (by webJose)
glutInit() troubles...

After a long lapse in doing anything OpenGL-related, I've forgotten pretty much everything and am learning OpenGL again from scratch. As expected, the hello-wor...
[3 replies] Last: Use WideCharToMultiByte() function if you really need to convert betwe... (by modoran)
Drag and drop items

I've been running through some Win32 GUI tutorials, and I've hit a brick wall. I want to add a drag and drop item; one that you can drag from a list of availabl...
[2 replies] Last: Thankyou, this is almost exactly what I was looking for, and I'm confi... (by The Palm Tree Magician)
process check (if)

hi if (running==("Internet Explorer.exe")) { do some think } how can i do ? be for search for this an result 1. Use CreateToolHelp32Snapsho...
[1 reply] : HANDLE GetProcessHandle(const char *process_name, DWORD dwAccess) { ... (by Null)
June 2012 Pages: 12345... 7
  Archived months: [may2012] [jul2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.