Windows Programming - June 2013

Windows Service Cannot Create Process or Modify Registry?

Working on a helper windows process in Win7 with VC++ 10.0. I want the service to start a process if it's not started, but both CreateProcess() and ShellExecute...
[9 replies] Last: I just need a helper service. I'm going to have the service check peri... (by notajew)
ListView Label Multi-Line

Hello, I have a listview in report-mode, with multiple columns. The columns have column header (column title). But on some columns, the column title text is to...
[2 replies] Last: Also, while it's not using a List View Header, the Microsoft Windows S... (by andywestken)
by gAeT
File I/O with Windows Forms

I need to create a program with Windows forms. i made a bit of code in c++...and Windows forms in c++/cli at the same time. now i m trying to adapt the c++ code...
[no replies]
by masa77
CreateVertexShader produces _com_error

I'm walking through a directx tutorial (http://www.directxtutorial.com/Lesson.aspx?lessonid=11-4-5) I'm having problems with these two: dev->CreateVertexS...
[3 replies] Last: If D3D feature level is 10 it could be that your video card does not s... (by modoran)
Replace system functions

Hi there! I'm kind of new to C++ and I'm wondering: Is there any way to replace the system functions? Like the system("CLS") and system("COLOR") ? If t...
[4 replies] Last: Ok. Thanks for all the help! (by Mackan90096)
Sprite sheet animatiion question

Hi, I have three sprite sheets (image 1,2,and 3) one and two are 21 frames long, but three is 120 frames long. I have it so ( my boxing animation) if " health...
[no replies]
.dll Help

Hi Everybody, I am trying to work with SDL, and the download was a .dll. I have never dealt with a .dll before, so how do I link it? Specifically, I want to ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks guys, I got it. I really hate that blind flailing feeling that ... (by masterlaw)
How can I display this: ą

I'm working with chars and I'm needing to write the character "ą" to a Windows edit box in my program. Anyone know how I can do it? I'm trying to return a st...
[10 replies] Last: No, although that wouldn't be a bad project! I work for a Native Amer... (by Ulfhedhin)
Reaching Password Writing Place

Hi! I want to make a simple password cracker in c++ with brute force. I can make a password genarator but how can i reach a password writing place? For example...
[1 reply] : Hi, I assume you already created the Brute Force algorithm. To actual... (by closed account G309216C)
Visual Studio C++

Ok guys I have a slight problem in Visual Studio C++. I have a Combo Box with four options : Construction Project,Research Project,Business Project,Accountin...
[1 reply] : Well here's the response I posted a couple of hours ago at: http://w... (by ajh32)
Help me understand the viewport and the window coordinate

Im learning win32 API with "Programming Windows 5th" by Charles Petzold. In the GDI section, im quite confused about the SetViewportOrgEX() and SetWindowOrg...
[no replies]
Little confusion

Hi there, i started Windows programming with Windows 5th by Charles Petzold, in his little example "CHECKER4.C", he processes WM_SETFOCUS by calling SetFocu...
[4 replies] Last: In the WndProc, the function: SetFocus (GetDlgItem (hwnd, idFocus)) ;... (by kradragon94)
How can I copy listbox selection to clipboard?

I've been chipping away at a small program for a few days now (thanks to those that have helped!). It is a small parsing program that helps swap out one orthog...
[3 replies] Last: That worked! Thank you! I'm not exactly sure about how to go about t... (by Ulfhedhin)
cant update editbox after changing font

hi guys im making an mfc appilication to do some textediting when i wanna change my font,i press a button and choose from a list-box one font,then i use contr...
[no replies]
AddPrinter() function failure error "Printer Driver Unknown"

I am using AddPrinter() function to add a local printer.But it return error 1797(Printer Driver Unknown). This is my code: // Define Printer information ...
[3 replies] Last: All of what seems to be on MSDN or Google, seems to say AddPrinterDriv... (by S G H)
multiple os and time function

Using three tiny functions I am waiting a time of milliseconds using GetTickCount(). This is to slow down a C++ game. What is the technique for having the sa...
[6 replies] Last: I think it is understandable now. If the Wait is 200 milliseconds and... (by josheir)
help installing wamp server

so i need to make a php site for my aunt. i can write php code, but i did it when i had a mac and it was easy to install mamp. so, anyways, I have looked at num...
[3 replies] Last: You can use a dedicated tool for this, set it to your own local IP add... (by modoran)
GetRichEditCtrl: identifier not found

hey guys,what should i include to solve that? i already included #include "stdafx.h" #include "MFCApplication4.h" #include "MFCApplication4Dlg.h" #include...
[no replies]
need help changing win32 project to MFC

i have a client tcp program is win32 that reads a list of ip addresses from a web host and then displays the addresses in a listbox but i want to use a previous...
[3 replies] Last: You should avoid MFC if the code you have so far already works, it onl... (by modoran)
CODE help!

private: System::Void checkBox1_CheckedChanged(System::Object^ sender, System::EventArgs^ e) { if(checkBox1->CheckState == CheckState::Checked) {...
[4 replies] Last: I think that my problem might be that auto is not right for autoscalin... (by epd5030)
June 2013 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.