Windows Programming - June 2013 (Page 2)

What is wrong with my code?

Here is my function. This is meant to keep the user from entering anything other than an integer. For some reason it always rejects the input, even if it is cor...
[5 replies] Last: Ahh, thank you modoran, this solved my problem. Thanks for everyone's ... (by Superdude)
Multiple Windows Procedure

could someone just give me an example on how to make multiple window procedures? i just cant seem to place it right. Thanks, -Austin
[13 replies] Last: All the Microsoft documentation I am aware of regarding Win32 coding ... (by Disch)
visual studio c++ exe

I have a question about visual studions C++, how do i get a exe file? can post code if needed
[4 replies] Last: Yah, found the source on the web. not rly that good with C++. // Win... (by smalbig)
Needing help with controls

I am needing some help with controls. Making a form, dragging controls onto it, and doing some VERY BASIC things with it are all I can do. What I'm wanting to...
[14 replies] Last: That line of code was exactly what I needed! Thank you!! (by Ulfhedhin)
Move Point in Picture Control MFC

In MFC dialogue based application,there is one condition in which random data received from file or output device and as per data received it should display mov...
[no replies]
Need help with codding

Hello to all. I am not a programmer, but i really want to make a shutdown timer for pc. I know there are many of those timers, but neither of them doesn't have ...
[1 reply] : you can do this all with windows native shutdown program. Open conso... (by tath)
C++ GUI

Hello I want to program windows buttons, labels, text boxes, forms and etc with C++. But I want something easy program without writing much code. I am beginner.
[13 replies] Last: I would suggest to use Windows Presentation Foundation. It is simpler ... (by vlad from moscow)
New Here Need Help with Coding

Hey everyone, due to circumstances I wasn't able to attend my class and have fallen behind. I'm not able to build this, this is the practice assignment we need ...
[1 reply] : There are multiple versions of sqrt. Each take a different type. One ... (by Disch)
licensing programmed software

When there is a licensing agreement for unlikely damages that could be caused by our own program the standard agreement contains a statement of the legal protec...
[no replies]
x64 API hook help

Hi, I am trying to find valuable API hooking papers\tutorials under x64 on Windows. I need this for few projects I may be working on in near future I do not wa...
[no replies]
File operation

I am doing a win32 application,in that iam opening a file & based on the sizeof that file i have to allocate memory dynamically.what function call i have to use...
[2 replies] Last: See #3 for the best answer. Also, rather than using TCHAR *pStore=n... (by andywestken)
FileAlreadyExists, on Read Operation, via StgOpenStorage

Hello, first off I hope I'm delivering the topic properly. In short I'm having problems using a function that I think is from the Windows layer, called StgO...
[7 replies] Last: PS on the subject of zip files, I answered a related question here: W... (by andywestken)
Finding files from a directory

Hi,I am doing a win32 application, In that i want to find out files with 2 type of extension.".#a" & ".#b".What modification i have to do the following code.Ple...
[no replies]
How do I create an encrypted savegame reader/writer?

Hi, I'm programming a game in c++ using SFML and I'm looking for a way to save simple variables (floats, ints and bools) into an encrypted file. And then when I...
[4 replies] Last: You can use any filetype you want. When you write it, make the name "S... (by Superdude)
Visual C++ Email Message Setup

Hi, I'm currently trying to make an application in Visual C++ 2010 that will include the ability to set up an email message in the native mail client (i.e. Outl...
[no replies]
Clearing Windows App screen

so im rebuilding a console app i made that basically has your password stored in a text file, you log on and can write you private document that no one else can...
[12 replies] Last: alright, thanks! (by JayzisLazy)
Help with making my own application

i would like someone to help me out with making my own application to be honest it shouldent be hard to do at all, no joke! its only two buttons and one links t...
[4 replies] Last: And HTML5 video playback HTML media playback sample http://code.msdn.... (by andywestken)
Set unsigned character value to CString type edit control in mfc

In my MFC dialogue based application, I want to Read data through serial port and whatever data received from that,displayed into Edit control,but somehow it is...
[no replies]
Send/Receive data via a temporary server

I really want to make my own data sender/receiver, which the sender sends an amount of data to a temporary server (realtime), and the receiver receives all data...
[no replies]
by lmsmi1
[SDL] Printing Text to a Buffer or Array

I'd like to modify the following code to print the following code to a buffer or array. This is meant to look like a console app, so please be aware. #inclu...
[no replies]
June 2013 Pages: 1234... 6
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.