Windows Programming - June 2013 (Page 3)

by ZakaZ
Communicating with a device connected via Bluetooth

I need help as to learn how to connect to an OBD reader that connects to the computer via Bluetooth. Simply put I need help with doing the following tasks: 1. S...
[1 reply] : This might be useful: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa362932... (by Null)
Getting Freetype

I've been trying to get Freetype for Code::Blocks minGW, but I could only find instructions for people that know what they're doing... Can someone walk me th...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, It works perfectly!!! (by TexanMonkey)
Call structure in class of MFC

In MFC dialogue based application,I've to call dll function using function pointer for different condition, so I think these function pointers are declared in w...
[9 replies] Last: Ok Note that you should always specify the calling convention (__stdc... (by andywestken)
by ZakaZ
Creating A C++ Web Browser

I'm trying to create a SIMPLE C++ program that uses a simple function to access the web and download a given URL that contains a file or HTML code. I want to us...
[3 replies] Last: PS This thread from last year might be of interest; in particular, th... (by andywestken)
Short cut menu

I am trying to create context menu for win32 application using case WM_RBUTTONDOWN: { HMENU hPopupMenu = CreatePopupMenu(); InsertMenu(hPopupMenu,...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you.I got the output correctly (by manjut19)
If Statement Being Stepped Into When It Shouldn't.

First, I posted the code at http://pastebin.com/AqRvzb0V because it's somewhat large (225 lines). I posted the whole code just to be thorough. I am having an...
[8 replies] Last: When I accidentally hold a key for more than a split second and the a... (by Disch)
Web Application (1,2,3)

Suppose your on Youtube and you want to sign in your account. So you type in your username and password and click the sign in button. I want a code for a c++ pr...
[49 replies] Last: Lol, I won't really mind. It should anyways work even with wrong passw... (by S G H)
starting with win programming

Hi, I have been programming in c++ for about a year now(so i am still a beginner), and i wanted to learn some windows programming. I have tried to, but i got r...
[6 replies] Last: there is a youtuber named nickfrosty that makes some really usefull tu... (by JayzisLazy)
finding and clicking on a color

ive been trying to code a program that will look for a color, which is hard coded into the program at the moment, move the mouse to that point when its found an...
[5 replies] Last: mouse_event, like SendInput, needs the coords to be scaled. From remar... (by andywestken)
random header

I'm trying to make a random header because my compiler is old and doesn't support it. Could Iget some advice or perhaps some examples. popa6200
[1 reply] : what do you mean "random header"? and, if your compiler were old, i'm ... (by chipp)
Why did you study MFC?

There are many GUI libraries/frameworks out there and I'm still clueless what to choose. Qt and wxWidgets are cross-platform and it's a great advantage. So anyo...
[1 reply] : I study MFC because it is native on windows, which makes it fast and s... (by ping ma)
Creating R.A.T

Which framework do you recommend me to use for creating R.A.T(REMOTE ADMINISTRATION TOOL) in c++ ? I see like an option QT, but if you help me to choose somethi...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for this long and good answer, you are good person :),I Am b... (by monalex)
by Klasik
SetTimer from non-static function

I write code that detects key press when window not in focus: // MainHamsterDlg.cpp : implementation file #include "stdafx.h" #include "MainHamsterDlg.h" ...
[1 reply] : Edit: checking my answer, I've just realised you're trying to set a g... (by andywestken)
GetClassName not returning expected output

TCHAR _classbuf ; HWND hwnd = FindWindowA(NULL, "Untitled - Notepad"); cout << hwnd << endl; GetClassName(hwnd, _classbuf, 255); cout << *_classbuf; I...
[2 replies] Last: Awesome!! Thank you so much for the clarification :) I still have a ... (by closed account NyhkoG1T)
What is wrong in this code C++ ?

Hello :) . I wannt to know what is wrong in this code,because i get this error: fatal error C1083: Cannot open precompiled header file: '/Debug/ass.pch': No ...
[5 replies] Last: YES, Is working. I add int i; And it work (by Andrei Zamfir)
Rename and Copy

I am programming this keylogger program and I want it to copy itself to some path I specified. I also want the program to rename itself back to default name if ...
[8 replies] Last: You don't need to post more code. But you're saying the file copy is ... (by kbw)
by clodi
Best way to learn Windows Programming?

Hello, My name is Clodi and I have been programming in C++ for two years now. I am still a beginner but the reason why I am in this forum is because I would l...
[13 replies] Last: One can simply hope it does not end up like DX8. (by S G H)
by ajitm
error C1083: Cannot open type library file: 'vcclient\addobj.dll': Error loading type library/DLL.

Hello! I have created one simple Com dll. I am trying to load that DLL in my VC++ client application by #import "addobj.dll" statement but getting f...
[4 replies] Last: BTW - which IDE/compiler are you using? Andy PS Note that the articl... (by andywestken)
Resizing custom control

I'm working on a mfc application, where there is a main dialog with several custom controls on it. I have two custom controls, one below the other. I want t...
[no replies]
Autosize using .NET Chart Control - Code Help!

private: System::Void checkBox1_CheckedChanged(System::Object^ sender, System::EventArgs^ e) { if(checkBox1->CheckState == CheckState::Checked) {...
[no replies]
June 2013 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.