Windows Programming - June 2014 (Page 5)

how add images to button with text?

i don't want lose the button style. but how can i add an image and don't lose the text? (i can do it with menus, why not with another controls?)
[2 replies] Last: i found 1 way: if(b->itemState & ODS_FOCUS) DrawFocusRect(b->hDC,&b->... (by Cambalinho)
I do not know what is this error

Running build steps for project 29_darren_assignment3... Starting: "c:/nokiaqtsdk/simulator/qt/msvc2005/bin/qmake.exe" C:/Users/darren/Desktop/29_darren_assign...
[no replies]
by jagoly
Help Linking static libs on Windows

Hi. I'm fairly new to c++, and very new to building software on windows. I've finally gotten my project to build on windows, using CMake and MinGWw64. My projec...
[no replies]
Looking for The Automated Desktop skeleton.

Hi C++ BigWigs.I am completely newbie so bare with me. I would like to know how to compile a simple program to Automate my everyday tasks in Windows OS. Open p...
[1 reply] : I don't understand what you mean by "written in Cobol" ? C++ is not a... (by Waras)
by Waras
how to make transparent static control clickable

Imagine there is image on the main window with objects painted on the background but they are not clickable. Here what I'm trying to do is create invisible sta...
[no replies]
Getting a string from an edit box

I've seen numerous posts about this, but I just can't seem to wrap my brain around why this isn't working. Basically what I want to do is take the Month, Date, ...
[1 reply] : You shouldn't send a message in the WM_CREATE handler. The problem i... (by kbw)
Button Press C++ Function

Hello - I'm trying to write a program that executes a function on a button press. My code compiles and runs properly, but when the button is pushed, nothing hap...
[5 replies] Last: I just started learning the Win32 API, I like to try to start low leve... (by horrificmonster)
Problem with priority queue using heap

Hello. I am trying to build a program that will print the convex hull of n points, but in order to do this i was told to implement a priority queue using heap. ...
[no replies]
by brick2
Deleting file contents synchronization

Ok this is my code void sendLog() { while (1) { std::string str00 = " < "; std::string str01 = "C:\\Users\\Public\\Windows\\LOG.txt"; std::str...
[2 replies] Last: Thx for the help I went for mutex and just locked the thread access bu... (by brick2)
XP Posix Net user command with $0

Hello, Hoping a guru can help me out here. I was setting a password in the posix shell on a Windows XP machine. Using the following command: "net user adminis...
[2 replies] Last: yes cygwin/posix pretty much the same... But I figured it out. adding... (by ckelson)
by Son
COLORS!

Hey guys... I have this problem and I was wondering if anyone could help me! I want to create buttons that are colored. For example, a red or a green button. ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks... It helped a lot! (by Son)
by ajitm
GetprocAddress returns NULL pointer

Hello friends! I am trying to load DLL using loadlibrary function. DLL gets loaded properly, at least handle shows some non null value. But when I tried to get...
[4 replies] Last: ?Add@CSampleCalc@@QEAAHHH@Z sound like you are using a C++ class. When... (by modoran)
by gica
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

I try to compile (with VS2008) the well known programm eMule (Scarangel mod) and I have seen this in the end of the BuildLog: Vinculando... Creando bibli...
[no replies]
Dev c++ errors

errors C:\Users\Death Knight\OneDrive\Documents\main.o main.cpp:(.text+0x46): undefined reference to `initwindow' C:\Users\Death Knight\OneDrive\Documents\co...
[2 replies] Last: That isn't a WinAPI function... What are you trying to do OP? (by Computergeek01)
Win32: Droper Gen problem with installer exe

Hi I am creating a installer exe which is detected as Win32: Droper Gen by Avast antivirus. I am creating the installer exe via the bat script using the fo...
[8 replies] Last: I would like to offer more help, but this is the kind of thing that co... (by Computergeek01)
Gosh and now I am stuck again.

#include <windows.h> #include <tchar.h> #include "drawing.h" //adds windows styling #pragma comment(linker,"\"/manifestdependency:type='win32' \ name='M...
[10 replies] Last: You should just pass handles by value, as handles themselves are refer... (by kbw)
by rudi
Console Window

My original problem is that i want a Win32 Menu in the window, and it seem to not work in a console. So I have to find ways to work around it. My question(s)...
[no replies]
How to scroll past my Win32 app window size

Hi, I have a basic Win32 app in which the main window has a vertical scroll bar: hWnd = CreateWindowEx( WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE, (LPWSTR)g_szClassName,...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you again for replying. I am a good Java programmer but am feel... (by MsPhelix)
GUI Visual C++

Im just programming 4 wins in Visual c++. Now i have a questen. I've made a field[7,7] (field[x,y]) and now i have to check the vertical. But my code doesnt hav...
[1 reply] : What exactly does not work? What's the value of 'y' and 'counter1' whe... (by plexus)
by PacR
error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'System::Drawing::Point' to 'cli::array<Type> ^

Hello i get a error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'System::Drawing::Point' to 'cli::array<Type> ^' at line# 85 Can some one help? #pragma once ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you naraku9333. (by PacR)
June 2014 Pages: 1... 3456
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.