Windows Programming - June 2018

Develop for PocketPC

Hello! So i have a collection of old PocketPC's with Windows on them. I thought it would be fun to be able to write some software for them. However, a co...
[6 replies] Last: When you have sorted out the IDE have a look here for articles about P... (by Thomas1965)
How to BSTR* to std::string??

I have a BSTR*. how to get the value from the BSTR* to std::string so that I can print it to console? BSTR* ptr; HRESULT result = objPtr->GetValue(ptr); ...
[2 replies] Last: BSTR has information before the text that describes the length of the ... (by Computergeek01)
Cannot call method from return value's pointer to interface

I am getting error from a method call when I try to access the functions of an interface. My_DLL::IStubRequest *request = NULL; CoCreateInstance(__uuidof(...
[no replies]
CLI VC++

After importing a CLI Dll created by C#, I try to new an Object in C++. com::myApp::MyObject ^myObject = gcnew com::myApp::MyObject(); But I get the error...
[1 reply] : Try to use as value class com::myApp::MyObject myObject; myObject.do... (by Thomas1965)
how to Fix these Errors in Graphics?

When I compile my code it Generates following errors: 1. undefined reference to 'initgraph' 2. undefined reference to 'line' 3. undefined reference to 'line'...
[4 replies] Last: DevC++ is g++, albeit probably an outdated version. You should be able... (by Ganado)
How do i login into my comcast xfinity router using c or c++ ?

Is there a way by which I can login into router admin settings using c/c++? I am thinking to make a program which logs into the router whenever is executed ? h...
[3 replies] Last: Here is the comcast xfinity router Guide https://10-0-0-0-1.network/ (by ipadministration)
Using Libcurl Dev C++ Undefined Reference Errors

******MY CODE:********* -compiler: devc++ 5.11 libcurl version: 7.60 #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <curl/curl.h> #inclu...
[no replies]
Combo box font

Hi, I have a dialog with some labels, some buttons and a few combo boxes. When the dialog is displayed the font in the combobox is not the same as the font...
[1 reply] : The SendMessage() Win32 Api function is used to change fonts. There's... (by freddie1)
Traffic Signal Lights Programme

Hello! Here is The Source Code For A Simple Programme of Traffic Signal Lights. In This Programme The Traffic Lights Turn ON and OFF Automatically After Each ...
[no replies]
how to fix this problem?

when i use graphics in C++ it shows following warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings] so how to fix this problem...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you Thomas, I Think now I am near to the success, I Did not had ... (by Abdullah Samo)
Multiple Windows

I have to close one of the windows before I have access to the other window. How could I gain access to both windows? Hope this makes sense. TicTacToe.cpp ...
[5 replies] Last: Looks like a spammer to me. They've made several meaningless posts th... (by MikeyBoy)
How do I make use of HRESULT and cast it into my own Object?

In the class StubRequest, I have a method doSomething(). 1. How do I convert HRESULT into StubRequest 2. How do I call the doSomething() method? #include "s...
[2 replies] Last: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inside-COM-Dale-Rogerson/dp/1572313498/ref=sr... (by Thomas1965)
Missing functions when doing CLI->COM dll. C# and C++ project can't see all functions.

My goal is to make Java classes accessible to both C# and C++. After doing what I did, the C# project cant see and use non-static methods the methods that th...
[no replies]
what is problem?

what is problem with this code? when i use graphics.h, it generates following error message: Warning] deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-...
[no replies]
Dialog box bottleneck

Hello, In the following code there seems to be a bottleneck that increases ever time I create a dialog box. Here is the code that is called when the dialo...
[2 replies] Last: I decided that your show-hide solution was fast and simple and have us... (by Fractal Cat)
How to use C# dll in C++?

I have a file "myDLL.dll" that was generated from IKVM, from a jar file. It works in C# project perfectly. However, I need to call it from a C++ application now...
[5 replies] Last: The I would give it a try: In Visual Studio create a CLR app and add a... (by Thomas1965)
C++ Using C# dll - Cannot open .tlh

With TestZ.dll, TestZ.tlb, TestZ.lib, TestZ.exp... When I write the code below, I get the error "identifier "InitialiserPtr" is undefined". How to define it? ...
[no replies]
by Dvx70
Installing a third part c++ library.

Hello to everybody... I need to install, and use, a third part c++ library (cpr library) but once downloaded it I have any idea where to place it and, especial...
[no replies]
Winapi FindWindow Problem

if (FindWindow(NULL, "Calculator") != NULL) { cout << "there is a calc" << endl; } if (FindWindow(NULL, "Calculator") == NULL...
[2 replies] Last: thanks it worked ! (by closed account DEhqDjzh)
Where can i learn Windows.h OS functions

Hi, I don't even know the name that i am searching for but i can give links. Where can i learn that and what is the library's name ? LINKS: https://www.youtub...
[3 replies] Last: I recommend http://www.functionx.com/win32/ (by rjphares)
June 2018 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [may2018] [jul2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.