Windows Programming - June 2020

by Mif
How can I fix these errors ? win32 API

I get 8 errors, actually is the same one: ||=== Build: Debug in Win32ListView (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===| |25|error: initializer-string for array of cha...
[2 replies] Last: Yup.. thanks again .. that was very very right.. I didn't pay much att... (by Mif)
by Mif
Please help with List View..

Why do I get this Error.. when this code was copied from MSDN why do they write something that doesn't work? ||=== Build: Debug in ListView (compiler: GNU GC...
[2 replies] Last: Ohh ok ok.. sorry about that.. I tough the beginners and Window progra... (by Mif)
by MickH
Unhandled Exception runtime error

Forum - I have a small WinForms app that interacts over the USB with a microcontroller which digitizes an applied anaolg voltage and plots the points in a pictu...
[4 replies] Last: Thomas1965 - thank you for the reply. I will study the two references ... (by MickH)
by fluppe
Event that informs main thread on error (but not an exception)

Hi, i have a question on how to exchange information between my main thread and worker threads. I have a worker thread that writes data to file and i want it...
[4 replies] Last: Hi everyone. I tried with "OpenEvent" and it works just fine. Thanks. ... (by fluppe)
Program Compiles But Won't Run

Does anyone here work with the programs in Charles Petzold's "Windows" books? I am asking because I am trying to get his "Typer" program to work. It complies,...
[2 replies] Last: Petzold's Programming Windows 5th Edition code needs some revising to ... (by George P)
by kbw
Windows projects to build expertise on Windows API

You will need Platform SDK for reference. But MSDN has lots of really helpful articles, if you're programming Windows, you can't ignore it. Example projects a...
[5 replies] Last: Age probably. It started off as the Windows SDK, hadn't realised it's... (by kbw)
by Tomi
Using SwapBuffers() slows down the program

Hello! I make a small Win32GUI program, but the screen are flickering when I redraw it with InvalidateRect(hwnd, NULL, true); in WM_TIMER. To avoid this, I ...
[5 replies] Last: Hello again! I have tried the double buffering example from roberteld... (by Tomi)
by slei
MapVirtualKeyA - Numpad scancode translated to Navigation code

Hey, I'm currently trying to support virtual key codes in a program. Due to the initial design, unfortunately the input keys are only available as scancodes...
[no replies]
pollfd in Winsock2.h redefinition issue

I am trying to get struct pollfd to work. I have defined it in poll.h exactly how it is in winsock2.h, changed my int poll() function to int WSApoll() to confo...
[6 replies] Last: Glad I could help. (by MikeyBoy)
CLR Assign user input to string variable

I have this empty variable in my code: string input; I have a TextBox form named "input1" with ReadOnly set to false. I tried to assign a property of...
[1 reply] : And what is the type of input1->Text? It's a System::String^, right? ... (by Ganado)
by dune
Need help with VS 2019 Community

I was following the info on this link https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/a9529502-6304-4aa6-90ee-0757ab258d87/create-c-windows-forms-appl...
[15 replies] Last: Thanks for the input. But I've already gone back to Qt, which works as... (by dune)
How to add "FINISHED" after a Char

Hi Guys, I'm a newbie and need some simple advice. I have the following: char* Buffer = "DATA"; I am trying to add "FINISHED" to the end of "char* Buf...
[2 replies] Last: Hi Using a std::string is the right way to go in real C++ code, as sa... (by andywestken)
by Mca2
Update-render loop blocking message handling

Following a Direct2D tuturial I've created a realtime update&render-loop like below. But when the update&render-loop takes long (eg when I have a Sleep(5000) so...
[2 replies] Last: Why do you have a Sleep(5000)? If you tell the program to sleep for 5 ... (by Ganado)
how to format data in a file

Hello guys am working on a c++ project that search for Student id in the source file,if a match is found it writes to the output file after the search those ...
[1 reply] : Please don't double-post https://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/2709... (by salem c)
VC++ 2017 seeing part of variable name as ||

I realize I can fix this by changing the variable name, but i really want to know WHY this is erroring this way. code line is: /* [case()] */ NODERESTRICTION...
[3 replies] Last: I apologize for not adding enough code - I didn't realize the line wou... (by wclarke)
  Archived months: [may2020] [jul2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.