Windows Programming - March 2013 (Page 2)

Native Encription

Hi, I am developing smart card based system using C. In my case I have to do 3 pass authentication. My problem is with challenge generation process. I can ge...
[3 replies] Last: Hi, Thanks for your help. Yes it is my mistake. It's not DES it's TDE... (by dushantha12)
by Ryuuji
Getting Device Interface Protocol (SCSI or ATA protocol)

Hi guys! I need help. I need to know drive's protocol. For example I have 3 drives: SATA Drive PCIe Drive FC Drive How can i get their device interf...
[no replies]
by Phiru
How to diable Alt+tab key?

I was looking for how, but i didn't get that good way. I can disable Alt + F4 in PreTranslateMessage(..). So, I added a VK_TAB. if(pMsg->message =...
[5 replies] Last: You are not getting what he is trying to do.. when the application is ... (by writetonsharma)
Parameters of GetFile()

I'm just a bit confused as far as what the description in MSDN for GetFile() means. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa364955%28v=vs.85%...
[1 reply] : Don't waste your time using GetFileSize(), always use GetFileSizeEx().... (by modoran)
What should i do after installing cygwin?

i am currently reading on this page http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Windows_Programming/Programming_Windows_with_OSS_Tools and it tell me to paste this code int...
[2 replies] Last: Ah get it, thanks (by selenium)
[CODE] Conficker C P2P Port Generation Algorithm [/CODE]

Hi, Sorry, I am putting a lot of Code snippets and tutorials in this Section but I want to give as much as I can. Okay before we begin. This code was not ...
[no replies]
by geran6
Native api for compressed zip files?

Windows supports viewing and extracting zip files right inside explorer so is there an Windows api I can use to create and extract zip files?
[1 reply] : There is no documented way to extract zip files natively on windows, u... (by modoran)
Why is this now wortking?

#include <windows.h> int WINAPI WinMain (HINSTANCE hThisInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpszArgument, int nCmdShow) { ShellExecute( NULL, TEXT(...
[5 replies] Last: OLE objects have verbs . It's an old idea that isn't really discusse... (by kbw)
browser history using vc++

Am working on VC++ background application that saves the url of browser whenever the user visits a page. With the below code i can able to track the url thats c...
[no replies]
by Phiru
Change resolution..

I tried to change screen resolution with my project(by using API) then, it works find. and i wanted to know if there's any difference from when i change re...
[no replies]
by Jace
Why won't it work (1,2)

Whenever I compile something in visual Studio C++ and send it to one of my friends, they can't use it and an error pops up. Why is that? Is there something extr...
[33 replies] Last: OMG...the error isn't popping up. Yes! Now I have a new problem. As yo... (by Jace)
xxx.exe has encountered a problem...

What normally cause the error xxx.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close...? Under this condition: 1. No error when compiling. 2. Using external l...
[4 replies] Last: @modoran, thanks so much. I have a lot of reading to do for me to unde... (by GaGoKoYa)
Hey compiler question

Whats a good compiler for anything involving Win32? Links as-well please.
[1 reply] : http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads#d-express-windows-... (by AHCFan20)
by dp1
Some help?

Hello everybody, I'm trying to develop a simple app with WinAPI, and I've already created the main window and the menus, but when I create the toolbar I get o...
[13 replies] Last: We may try to import it... If you want I can upload it (by dp1)
by Skynet
breadth first search help

I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to do incorporate breadth first search into my dungon of doom here. I have a file that reads in and make...
[no replies]
Inline API Hooking Resource Please

Hi, I am in need of Inline API Hooking resource, I am in need of Inline API hooking resource . If you have any resources please post here. If you do I wi...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, But Is there other ways except from detours and if post detour... (by closed account ozUkoG1T)
by Kuzco
Program slow down on keyboard input

I am going insane. For some strange reason, my program is slowing down when I click my keyboard - no matter which button. I am not handling the WM_KEYDOWN mes...
[1 reply] : I haven't see the code but did you see if the painting is taking this ... (by writetonsharma)
display an integer as text string

I am trying to output a variable to the screen for testing purposes. Do I use TextOut()? I cannot seem to type convert the variable properly to work with ...
[1 reply] : you can use stringstream class or you can sprintf to convert integer t... (by writetonsharma)
Learning C#, with MS Visual Studio, to get into .NET Programming?

I am new to .NET Programming, I want to learn C++/CLI. So, to get started, someone recommended C#. I purchased the Book "Head First C#" and I am using MS Visu...
[1 reply] : creating windows forms/windows is fine. i had a high school class in c... (by crispythemerc)
matrix multiplication win32 api multithreading problem

I am having problem running the below code. I have to use CreateThread() function. It builds fine, but everytime i run it the resulting matrix ends up all 0's. ...
[1 reply] : Nevermind everyone. I have worked out a solution on my own. Turns out ... (by crispythemerc)
March 2013 Pages: 1234... 8
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.