Windows Programming - March 2014 (Page 2)

CreateProcess Escape Sequence

Hello, I have created a CreateProcess to install a software package when the install button is clicked. The button works properly as I have tested it with d...
[2 replies] Last: That ended up working. Out of curiousity, when I go to automate that ... (by limburger)
by rgt13
Bet guessing game help

Im trying to make my program look like a guessing game, here's the code: // // main.cpp // RyanThomas // // #include <iostream> #include <c...
[1 reply] : yaNein is a string. The char type is not allocating enough bits to hol... (by c0urt)
by c0urt
Is there a _builtin_ctz equivalant for VS2012

I have written some assembly code using GCC intrinsic _builtin_ctz (count trailing zeros) and am wondering if anyone knows of a Visual Studio 2012 equivalent. T...
[no replies]
Printing to Paper in Windows using C++

I am trying to write a function that will print out text to paper. I am using C++. I have searched google a lot over the last few weeks and came across windows ...
[no replies]
Access to an excel file via C++ (1,2,3,4)

Hello, In the past few days I've been trying to open an excel (.xls, not .xlsx) and read some cells from it. I've tried several libs found around the int...
[60 replies] Last: Excellent! And about this ... // It seems it doesn't work if I u... (by freddie1)
how to escape spaces in windows

in linux its this\ name but apparently the same is not true in windows. I am trying to set the compiler path to my IDE Geany. the execute line is: C:\Pro...
[1 reply] : nevermind, i typo'd. The quoted method used. (by metulburr)
C++ win

ClickMeIn is looking for a talented C++/Win Developer for her office in Tel Aviv Requirements B.S. in Computer Science or related field- a must A minimum o...
[1 reply] : You should consider moving this topic to the job section (by editing p... (by giblit)
Missing Eclipse File?

Alright so I'm very new at programming and am taking a beginner class this summer and would like to get a jump start into it. I downloaded Eclipse C++ along wit...
[no replies]
by Xaron
How to write console output into a file?

Hi, I want to write the console output into a file. Do someone know a way to do this?
[2 replies] Last: Within the program, there are a couple of ways of doing this. The 'C' ... (by TwilightSpectre)
Help with Text Fields?

So, I am wondering, how do you save the input in a text field. For instance, say I want to have the user enter two values in the window, and then add them up an...
[6 replies] Last: Yes. Very handy and easy to use little function. No need to ever mak... (by freddie1)
Help with a job? -in windows

I have been trying to figure out jobs and processes the past couple of days, and I got processes down (<- pretty much), as for jobs, I am still having trouble. ...
[2 replies] Last: I can say with some certainty though, that there is no good reason to... (by AceDawg45)
by jbush
problems with makefile in windows7 64b

I'm having a really hard time executing a makefile for the Cambridge University baking pi lesson 1. In a directory, I have dir template, containing (dir (build)...
[2 replies] Last: I am using the gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2013q4-20131204-win32 toolchain (by jbush)
by zsteve
How to access serial ports (COM Ports) in win32?

Any help would be appreciated as to which functions to use
[1 reply] : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff802693.aspx http://www.codep... (by tath)
Windows Application to automate software installs

Hello Everyone! I am interested in making a windows application for work that would allow me to automate software installs. I want to be able to select soft...
[8 replies] Last: So I have started working on the code for this application and I seem ... (by limburger)
VIsual Studio not allowing HTMLHelp

Hi, I am running into an issue with Visual Studio 12. When I execute the MFC Application Wizard, from what I understand should be showing a way to connect to...
[no replies]
Bi linear interpolation using Maps in C++

Hello, I am trying to bi-interpolate a 10x10 elements using maps definition, i need to compute the interpolation reslts very very fast. using the map i can on...
[no replies]
by TX9200
(^)Handle and ref new/gcnew[C++/CLI]

I should say first that I am new to win programming so please excuse me. Why must a handle declared with ^ operator must be used with ref new/gcnew? I read the...
[1 reply] : first, C++ != C++/CLI . A handle (^) is from C++/CLI as is gcnew. ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by sumlal
accessing safearray structure in simple dll

hello friends, i am debugging a dll file for an application and i am getting some problem in accessing the safearray structure in the dll file. the application...
[no replies]
C++ CLR Windows

This is my first time dealing with a full project using something other than the console window, so if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated. I c...
[1 reply] : . (by ALEXCX2PLUS)
Entry point error

program mfc.h class CMyApp : public CWinApp { public : virtual BOOL INITINSTANCE(); }; class CMainWindow : public CFrameWnd ...
[1 reply] : Use Visual Studio wizard to generate a MFC app, it will set the projec... (by modoran)
March 2014 Pages: 1234... 6
  Archived months: [feb2014] [apr2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.