Windows Programming - March 2014 (Page 3)

Copying from the selected textbox in visual studio 2013 C++

Hey, I am adding a menu strip to my windows forum application and I want to copy from the active textbox. This is the code for the event, I tried to cast the r...
[no replies]
almost complete C++ program needs math input fixing

**normally I would post this sort of thing on reddit but they seem to be down sorry! ** Worked on a project and I've fixed all the bug... or so I thought when ...
[5 replies] Last: I'm not a sir, but you're welcome :) (by wildblue)
Can't retrieve error report from failure compilation of shaders

Here is the function to "load" my shader, I did some test by print out the length of the error report in a console, it seems that the length is 0.... GLui...
[2 replies] Last: Silly me, forgot glCompile...Any way thanks NoXzema, that can be usefu... (by selenium)
Help With Jobs and Processes?

So, I know what a job is: a bunch of processes (right?) And I have a little bit of a clue of what a process is, thanks to my addiction to the task manager and ...
[6 replies] Last: Okay, okay, thank you. I didn't really know how to make a process befo... (by AceDawg45)
Need some code to restart script if something is typed

I am making a text based game where the player is displayed with some text and a couple of choices. Here is the script: #include <iostream> using namespace s...
[11 replies] Last: i tried to help him more but i didnt understand what op was asking. an... (by Little Bobby Tables)
by RE9741
Defining a variable from textbox input in VC++

Basically, I am making a simple windows form application in C++ that calculates the area and circumference of a circle, by using the radius input by the user in...
[2 replies] Last: You want radius to be stored as a number, so try: radius = Convert::... (by PartialWrtX)
Code::Blocks and Visual Studio

Hi there, I have been using Code::Blocks for all my C++ programs and it all works fine. But for the course I am doing, Visual Studio is used. When I copy...
[5 replies] Last: VS2013 has C99 support (finally): http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archi... (by modoran)
by ByteMe
C++ User Input Data Gui

Hi, I am new to this forum so if I broke any rules please let me know :) I am currently taking C++ class and have programming experience. Currently most of m...
[1 reply] : Just do any GUI tutorial (QT, WinApi, mfc.., etc.) and you will answer... (by tath)
C++/CLI enums

Hi, I have been attempting to learn visual c++ recently. The book that I'm reading showed an example with enums in C++/CLI. #include "stdafx.h" using n...
[no replies]
C++ GUI need help

y = funkcijaY (z, x); outFile->Write("\n| "); outFile->Write(x.ToString()); // <-- here outFile->Write(" || "); outFile->Write(y.ToString())...
[no replies]
by Yasz
Minimum Processor State API

Hi, My question about the following available setting option in windows : In windows and under Power option ==> advance power setting ==> Processor Power Ma...
[no replies]
Crap Game

I need to write a program using dice for the CRAP game. I know that I need to use switch. any idea? THAN YOU
[3 replies] Last: Craps is a dice game in which the players make wagers on the outcome o... (by heyyouyesyouiloveyou)
FindNextFile Error

i am working on on zipper program (just like winrar) i had problem with FindNextFileA ,it works fine when dealing with files (not directories) ,but if i had som...
[no replies]
command bar strips

Hi, there Is there any sources that detailed in explaining the events of commandbar strips? I can't find any reliable information.
[no replies]
RAD Studio XE5 cant copile anything

Hello! I had to change my IDE to RAD Studio XE5 due to a big project using vcl.lib. When i try to compile a project i get the following error message on com...
[1 reply] : I should also mention that i already tried to reinstall. And i googled... (by mattam123)
Parsing command line arguments after execution

Hello, How would I parse command line arguments inside of a program. So the normal way to do it is with argc and argv which then requires you to type som...
[2 replies] Last: <shellapi.h> defines the function WCHAR * CALLBACK CommandLineToArgvW(... (by cburn11)
by Sika
Command line Argument to be parsed as integer value.

I have to parse the command enter in the command line argument and convert certain parameter of them into integer variable. I can parse them but cannot conver...
[6 replies] Last: If you are compiling in Visual Studio, the above code is likely mixing... (by cburn11)
xnamath not working

So I recently started using win32 when programming and this may be something that not many people have any trouble with, but when I try to #include <xnamath.h> ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. I am currently working with DirectX 11. (by The69Man)
by soranz
multiple 'virtual OnInitDialog()'

Hi, I need to be able to dynamically initialize 2 dialogs (1 parent dlg and 1 modal child dlg). As far as I understand it I need to overload an OnInitDialog f...
[13 replies] Last: In CResultDlg's declaration (header): 1. Include <iostream> 2. priv... (by S G H)
Read integers into an array and count the repeating integers

Write a program that reads a list of integers into an array with base type int. Provide the capability to either read the list of integers into the array fr...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you all for your help!! I really appreciate it! (by chuebsch)
March 2014 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [feb2014] [apr2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.