Windows Programming - March 2016

win32: menu and WM_SYSCOMMAND... what i'm doing wrong with mouse click?

i added a menu item on System Menu: HINSTANCE hinstance=GetModuleHandle(NULL); LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND hwnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) ...
[2 replies] Last: You don't need the menu handle when dealing with your custom system me... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Error GetModuleFileName Visual Studio

Hello guys, i'm here with this code: string exePath() { string path; char buffer ; cout << "reading path\n"; GetModuleFileName(NULL, buffer, MAX_PAT...
[3 replies] Last: thanks, now it works! (by Mario Valentino)
by w4ssup
FindWindow()????

So for some reason, my program cant find a application even though I have the correct name entered in the FindWindow function (I even use winspy++ to confirm), ...
[6 replies] Last: Ok, FIXED (holy shit): found a Enum code online to scan product by PID... (by w4ssup)
by evaboy
C, Win32 API: l need help here

Hi, Good day everyone. l have some difficulties in the following which l need some help. Am a learner in win32 programming. 1. l created an application with...
[1 reply] : [quote=OP]l had done the following, and it worked but it only run the ... (by Computergeek01)
win32 - GDI Plus: How can i get the frame delay from image animation?

i use GDIPLus for open image files. but using the Image class, i can get the frames delay, but maybe i'm getting it on wrong way :( PropertyItem ptFramedelay...
[7 replies] Last: This animation has certainly different delays between the frames. The ... (by coder777)
by sambos
Databases

Hi, Im working on a database program that reads CSV and or tab delimited text files. Ive always used datagridviews with ease but i am having some issues now th...
[3 replies] Last: Hi, I have had some success with OleDb but still having some issues. ... (by sambos)
by Arukas
C++ And Program Files

I have a old C++ program that was for XP, and I want to move it from the root drive and place it in the program files (x86) on Windows 7. It just started crash...
[3 replies] Last: Not anymore. It use to wrote log files, but that was moved to the pub... (by Arukas)
Emulating Xbox 360 Controller on PC?

So here's my situation. I recently got Street Fighter V for the PC. I have horrible xbox 360 controllers, so i'm using my keyboard to play the game. When I p...
[no replies]
basic code for dev c++ windows.

i want to use a program that outputs data to a text file name output.txt --- 1) the file name output.txt contain alfanumaric data. like 12T13 and 31T21. 2) l...
[2 replies] Last: (nameOfFile.c_str() ); This c_str() may be required if using an o... (by Chervil)
Windows Nightmare with glew, glfw and code blocks

/** * Incredibly Frustrated rant starts here */ I am try to do on windows what I did on Ubuntu in 10 minutes I have been trying to do this for 4 days now....
[5 replies] Last: Yeah, I managed to clear all the errors, I found a tutorial for instal... (by Lost Cause)
DIB's: how can i calculate saturation, bright, black and white and others?

i'm using DIB's. i can get RGB colors easly. my problem is: how can i calculate staturation, bright and black and white? i don't know these formulas :( i'm so...
[no replies]
Problem with exchange sort int float pairs

File name:CSC2144N.txt Contents of .txt file -------------------- 10 7.35 -21 45.9 3 -4.56 85 34.1 -9 -32.7 -------------------- Hi this is my assignment for m...
[2 replies] Last: I posted over here Because nobody would reply to me for over 3 days wh... (by tspen54)
How to manually compile a C++ program.

Hi, I'd like to know how to manually compile a C++ program, without the use of an IDE or auto-compiler. I've been told I can do so with windows Command Prompt ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you for sharing this useful information. This can be helpful for... (by williamjohn)
by bosko
Strings in if() statements

Hi all So I'm having a bit of an issue; Here's my code back_to_prompt: cout << prompt; cin >> input; if(input == "nmap") ...
[2 replies] Last: Wow thanks friend! Solved my problem. (by bosko)
by V07
How to improve this code??

I have written a code to iterate over the drive to find the file of specific extension and if the file is fount it'll be added to the list box but the code fail...
[1 reply] : try this: line 26 while ((var = FindNextFile(hFind, &documents)) == TR... (by Konstantin2)
Connecting to device via USB

Is there an innate way for C++ console applications to connect with USB devices? I found a library called "ril" and have been experimenting with no luck :(
[no replies]
SendInput: how use to a window?

the SendInput() works fine for a focus window. but when the window loses the focus, the SendInput() can be used to another window. so how can i choose the wind...
[6 replies] Last: in these case, if i change the focus, i can't do anotherthing :( (by Cambalinho)
win32 - DIB's: how can i calculate the next position on pixels?

i have some functions for get pixel data on array: typedef std::vector<BYTE> pixeldata; pixeldata GetImagePixel(HDC hdcImage) { BITMAP bmp = {0}; ...
[1 reply] : i did a several mistakes with code: 1 - i didn't tested the x+PosX and... (by Cambalinho)
how do combination keys with SendMessage()?

using SendMessage() with WM_KEYDOWN, how i can combine keys?
[9 replies] Last: drowsysaturn: i belive you have right. but i continue with same proble... (by Cambalinho)
Can't convert QString to LPCWSTR

Hello guys, i have this code: #include "mainwindow.h" #include "ui_mainwindow.h" #include "urlmon.h" #include "string" #include "iostream" #include "cs...
[5 replies] Last: char *qtToCString(QString &str) { int length = str.length(); char... (by drowsysaturn)
March 2016 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [feb2016] [apr2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.