Windows Programming - March 2018

MFC dialog screenshot to .bmp file

Hi guys can someone show me a sample code. How can I make a screenshot of mfc dialog client area and save it as a .bmp file ? So far I just get weird results i....
[5 replies] Last: I want to how Did you do an internet search? Amazing what I found w... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by Carat1
how to detect if letters are entered in textbox

how do i detect if letters are entered in a textbox? i have this so far if (!Char::IsDigit(e->KeyChar) && e->KeyChar != 0x08) e->Handled = true; bu...
[8 replies] Last: i want the user to input numbers instead of using a slider. anyways i ... (by Carat1)
Why this code can't run?

#include <stdio.h> int main(){ int continuar; int ht; int vt; int td; int sb; printf("===================================\n"); printf("1. Pa...
[1 reply] : You need to pass the address of a var to scanf => scanf("%d", &continu... (by Thomas1965)
by Carat1
i'm so confused

why doesn't this work? textBox4->Text never wants to equal "test" private: System::Void MyForm_Load(System::Object^ sender, System::EventArgs^ e) { textB...
[6 replies] Last: You can use == or != to compare .NET strings - unlike Java. You need o... (by Thomas1965)
by Neahle
[HELP] Change Master Volume for windows [C++]

Hello World ! I just want to know if I am able to change the master volume by coding. Example Computer volume at 20% SetVol(100); If any of you know how to...
[3 replies] Last: #include <stdio.h> #include <initguid.h> #include <mmdeviceapi.h> #i... (by Helegurbann)
Can someone help me do this exercise in C ++?

The world population doubled from 3 billion in 1959 to 6 billions in 1999. Assuming that the world population doubles every 40 years, I have to prepare a flowch...
[4 replies] Last: long int humanPopulation = 6000000000; change with this: unsigned lo... (by Helegurbann)
How to execute bytes in memory?

i want to run exe in memory anyone knows? pls help i wanned make a portable app. Thanks!
[1 reply] : Do you mean you want to run a separate app from your own app ? On Wind... (by Thomas1965)
by Carat1
how to use RegGetValue

how do i use RegGetValue in c++/cli? i need an example cause i want something like RegGetValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\Current...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=Carat1]how do i use RegGetValue in c++/cli? If you are using ... (by closed account 1vRz3TCk)
Please Help

Hi, Can i get some help on the following code. I wrote it but it keeps giving me errors saying cin is ambiguous, and the else error no matching if. using vi...
[4 replies] Last: Once I removed the precompiled header, stdafx.h, and the semi-colons a... (by nicholasclevelandx)
Help with a C++ Blackjack Project

Hello folks. I'm currently taking a programming class, and I've got an assignment to write a basic Blackjack game in C++. I'm having some trouble writing th...
[4 replies] Last: The use of vector instead of array has no bearing on whether shuffle w... (by kbw)
Help with setting up OpenGL in cygwin

I'm pretty sure the problems I'm having are from the "unix" side of setting things up, but it also seems likely to me that a lot more people who own Windows mac...
[no replies]
Tic Tac Toe AI project - system("CLS") not doing its job

Hi there. I've been coding for a good year now, but I have run into this issue where system("CLS") was not actually clearing the screen. I've heard people say t...
[1 reply] : If you use Windows you can try this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/... (by Thomas1965)
[Help ] Send a string over WinSocket

Hello, I'm a newbie on C++ and sockets, i'm facing an issue on the recv() function I want it to return a string but actually it return only the first char...
[3 replies] Last: #define port 23 #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> #include <ws... (by kbw)
Include glut.h in C++

Hi, i am new to openGL. I have some problems. I usually use text editor to do some programming project (Notepad++). Now i am working in openGL and how I suppos...
[1 reply] : Like any other header. It is only relevant when you compile/link. So y... (by coder777)
Visual Studio 2017, no debug Memory Window?!?

I've searched online for the issue and I seem to be the only one whos ever had the issue..... Under Debug > Windows....there is supposed to be a Memory View ...
[3 replies] Last: The Debug > Windows > Memory option doesn't appear until you are in an... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
How do developers in companies can learn new api's so quick

Like when a new API comes out for example "Directx" how do developers in companies learned that API so quick and created a directx 12 support (or the vulkan su...
[1 reply] : It’s truly simpler than you think, when you know c++ well enough you... (by bradltr95)
Is there an Tutorials made by Microsoft for Microsoft products

Hello, I cant find any tutorials for DirectX or Winapi is Microsoft provided tutorials for its own products ? and can you give me links ? sorry for bad English...
[3 replies] Last: There are DirectX tutorials with samples available in older stand-alon... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Windows driver kit?

Hi guys I am following a long on a tutorial but cannot download the required header files and libraries because microsoft has for some reason removed the downlo...
[3 replies] Last: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbo... (by Thomas1965)
Assertion Failed

I am by no mean good at C++ and have no idea what this means and how to fix it. Assertion Failed! Program: C:\Users\Evan\Desktop\1520450767.dll File: src\Da...
[2 replies] Last: If the object pointed to by connection->pkg_map is not an instance o... (by helios)
vs2015 error: LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMainCRTStartup

Hello, I'm a beginner of C++. I program in Qt 5.9.1 with VS2015. My program has two error: 1) LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMainCRTStartup 2) ...
[1 reply] : Is there a difference in your operating systems or the compiler editio... (by olfibits)
March 2018 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [feb2018] [apr2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.