Windows Programming - March 2020

CTreeCtrl find item by text

Can someone help me , please I try to iterate the CTreeCtrl and get item with specified text, but after few hours without any luck. Please someone can provide a...
[1 reply] : https://mariusbancila.ro/blog/2007/06/29/finding-an-item-in-a-ctreectr... (by kbw)
C++ send and receive messages with winsock2

Hello, I want to send a message with my c++ windows program to different computer. I found winsock2 and tried to use it. Example Code provided by microsoft: ...
[8 replies] Last: Yes. (by kbw)
by Juicej
How can I Paint the time to the client area on a window?

I am trying to paint the time to the client area on a blank window. I am using Dev c++. I am converting the time to string using the strftime()function but ...
[5 replies] Last: Wow... thats kool thanks.. (by Juicej)
by Juicej
How can I use Floating-Point Instructions Set in DevC++?

Good Day Everyone. I have managed to use inline assembly in into my project and it runs properly without errors. But I am also required to use floating point ...
[no replies]
What interesting things I can do with bitmaps using C/C++

Hello. Currently I am looking for some work that can help me to work with bitmaps in something that is more serious while keeping a entry level suitable for me....
[1 reply] : You can do quite a few things with bitmaps like building nice GUIs or ... (by thmm)
Visual Studio C++

Hi, I work in Visual Studio with data from database. I filled DataGridView with that data. I dont know how to acces to any row of DataGridView and clicking on c...
[3 replies] Last: A custom control for data grids, Win32 SDK https://www.codeproject.com... (by George P)
How do i add SFML to my path in atom text editor

I do not know how to connect SFML to my path for Atom Text Editor. If there is no way to add it to Atom can you tell me a different header to use for graphics o...
[1 reply] : Do not double post. It won't help you get an answer sooner. Please use... (by Ganado)
MouseEvents (and template matching)

First of all hello, and thank you for taking a look at my problem. Let me just give you a little frame on what I was requested to do. Someone asked me if I coul...
[2 replies] Last: I didn't attempt the code, but note that you probably need to run your... (by Ganado)
easiest way of linking ntdll.lib in kernel mode?

I have some undocumented functions being used which need ntdll.lib to be linked. I searched google for a solution but they were all either unclear or very inco...
[3 replies] Last: You need of course add the lib to the linker settings. For how this is... (by coder777)
how to Fix these Errors in Graphics?

When I compile my code it Generates following errors: 1. undefined reference to 'initgraph' 2. undefined reference to 'line' 3. undefined reference to 'line'...
[1 reply] : If you are using Turbo C++, you need to add the graphics lib to your p... (by thmm)
by brim4
How to get the Processing ID of a running exe file and kill the file?

I'm writing a small programmme that finds the pid of a ruuning exe file and then kills the file. I can't seem to ge the pid of the file. I'm not too sure if thi...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks I figured it out (by brim4)
cannot use "DRAMS"

#include <Windows.h> int CALLBACK WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, PWSTR pCmdLine, int nCmdShow) { const auto pClassName = "DRAMS";...
[5 replies] Last: Note that if you want your app to support the wider unicode character ... (by Ganado)
lnk 2019 Error help pls

<#include <window.h> #include <string> LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND hWnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam) { switch (msg) { case WM_CHAR: //wh...
[1 reply] : this solve this problem Project Properties -> Configuration Properties... (by aymanawa)
GraphicsMagick++ Slow and Memory Hungry

I am using Magick+ to produce frames for a game engine. I invested time in switching from GDI for a performance increase but I ended up getting the opposite; no...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your help. I you are probably right. I am going to aband... (by Manannan)
by Zoroj
Work with own file format

Hi everyone! I am having problems to create my own file format. For example, there is a document markup file. I have not problem reading it. But how to organi...
[8 replies] Last: why not store it like this (these are not real gui commands, but you w... (by jonnin)
  Archived months: [feb2020] [apr2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.