Windows Programming - May 2012 (Page 2)

Error in circular queue

Hi, I'm doing a program to insert and remove a circular queue of integers of size 5 and printing on the screen the list with the elements who are in it. When I...
[7 replies] Last: hi guys, thanks for help. The error was in lines 46-54 really, slopy9.... (by muttleydm)
Turtle Graphics

#include <iostream> #include <windows.h> #define Green colorPaint(0,1,0,0); #define Blue colorPaint(0,0,0,1); #define White colorPaint(0,1,1,1); #defi...
[no replies]
More Networking problems- winsock error 10014

Hullo everyone! So I'm still working on doing some network programming for windows. For anyone that saw my last thread, I figured out what was wrong and it ...
[2 replies] Last: I was calling was more of a *nix function. You did get the answer, in... (by kbw)
System("PAUSE"); why is it wrong to use?

The title speaks for itself. I keep reading that using system("pause"); is absolutely nubile and insecure. 1. I would like to get a full-descriptive explana...
[4 replies] Last: + 1 Moschops (by Texan40)
button generation

I have read through a couple articles on key generation and nothing seems to be simple and to the point I need to generate a key sequence on button click a few ...
[3 replies] Last: Are you talking about generating keystrokes or button clicks? (by Texan40)
Can't load wav file with SDL_Mixer

I am making a program that takes inputs trought the console, and reproduce a sound depending of the input, pretty straightforward; the problem is that apparentl...
[2 replies] Last: Are you sure you're initializing SDL_Mixer in the right way? Always ch... (by S G H)
OpenSSL cerification verification and connected to the MINA Server

Hi Team, I had develop a application by using the openSSL. I had write a client code in C++ and i want send a data from my client to the MINA Server. Here...
[no replies]
Keep getting a new line, not sure why

This program I'm working on is supposed to replace all occurrences of a string-1 (user defined) with a preferred string-2 (user defined). //tb = a richTextBo...
[1 reply] : also, I've tried removing the new line but can't seem to do so These ... (by thenewguy)
"Paint" error.

Hello! Im a noob at C++ windows programming and I keep coming up with this error: every time it reaches the point to paint, it suddenly stops. Heres the code:...
[6 replies] Last: You should handle WM_CLOSE, not WM_DESTROY. And you should call PostQu... (by S G H)
Where do I go to learn Windows!

Im getting extremely lost at finding where I need to go to learn windows programming. Ive tried msdn, but the code they use generates a compile error in my prog...
[7 replies] Last: There are free alternatives to MFC, like wxWidgets (even if you develo... (by modoran)
problem using vectors.

hello I am currently working with vectors and learning about them and also learning more about passing by reference. I am getting these errors when I try to get...
[12 replies] Last: Own and other's experience. Never learnt anything about programming fr... (by S G H)
by S G H
Rich Edit Control / Advanced Edit Control

I've been working on many projects requiring a Rich Edit Control, or even just a Edit Control with Colours. How can I use a Rich Edit Control in Native C++? ...
[4 replies] Last: Really Useful Answer! Thank You, I think I'm done! (by S G H)
How do I convert a C++ string to a char array?

It seems that it is not as easy as I have thought... How does one convert a string to a char array? This is what I have: char cFilm ; string sFilm; GetDlgI...
[4 replies] Last: Silly me... It appears I've placed my lines in the wrong order... Than... (by Nothing5)
How to set pcap filter to capture only UDP frames

Hi, How can i set the pcap filter to capture only UDP frames? Consulting the documentation of pcap i found that i should use pcap_compile and in the 3rd argum...
[3 replies] Last: So much data, so little time. I can't find the code I wrote just yet.... (by kbw)
How can I open other programs in a main program?

I've created a code that sets a password, which is stored in a text file (encrypted), and is decrypted for guessing when the program is re-ran. At the end of th...
[4 replies] Last: Good eyes, EssGeEich. I should have noticed that extra quote characte... (by codeFoil)
Programs outside compiler

I took a college course on c++ and wasn't taught how to run the program outside of visual studio. Would like to know how I would go about it to use the programs...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you for your help (by Jamaley)
My First Windows Program

Hello! Im creating my first "window" in windows but I keep coming up with one error: the fact that my refrence to WIndowProc is undefined when I do: wc1.lpfnWn...
[6 replies] Last: if(IDYES==MessageBox(hwnd,"是否真的结束?","weixin",MB_YESNO)... (by S G H)
by gtoMKs
C++ ADO Query

Hi everybody! First, sorry my bad english. I'm trying to pass two parameters for a Recordset, in a sql query, like this: sql.Format("SELECT * FROM dbo_ve...
[no replies]
C++ for ERP.

Hi, I want to start a new project, an ERP software, so I got stuck on what language should I use. Is C++ a good language for ERP softwares? Or you have another ...
[no replies]
invalid Handle "USBSer.sys"

Hi, I have a problem using peripherical USB/Serial with "Usbser.sys", where sometimes I can't open serial (return invalid handle) after disconnect the cabe U...
[no replies]
May 2012 Pages: 1234... 6
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.