Windows Programming - May 2013 (Page 3)

by jps1x2
Creating Custom Simple Mapi DLL, throws error when executing

Hi all, i am new here in forum. i am creating small dll to intercept simple mapi calls and send files via: file->Send to as attachment (in excel, word,...
[5 replies] Last: Andy, Now it wors perfect! Thanks! (by jps1x2)
by Elidor
WinApi GUI builder?

Hello I'd just like to ask if anyone knows of any GUI builders out there for WinApi C like there is for Java's Swing libary under Netbeans. What I mean by GUI b...
[5 replies] Last: When it comes to Visual Studio and the Win32 API, the resource editor ... (by andywestken)
Linking error (undefined reference to ...)

I know the title is general and is not informative enough. I have a program which uses openimageio library. My tools are: cmake+mingw64+windows7 I was not a...
[2 replies] Last: Hi Andy. Thank you very much for detailed explanation! Now i will be... (by diverlin)
newb question:MSG struct? C++

im realy new to windows.h i was wondering if i could have an explanation of what is the MSG handle class thing... is it the same as UINT msg? do i need mul...
[5 replies] Last: thanks andy (by CplusplusPower)
Problem with Scintilla library

I have problem with calling this function Scintilla_RegisterClasses() Compiler gives me this error "MainFile.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol...
[6 replies] Last: Do you want to use Scintilla as a DLL or link to it statically? If yo... (by andywestken)
Sending a file to email

Hello, basically what i am looking for is a way to send a file to email using c++ I don't need an explanation because I can figure it out myself. I just need...
[4 replies] Last: ... Or you can create a Download a decent Webserver then assign it a S... (by closed account G309216C)
by Cer
Parsing XML file in MFC

Hi everyone, I have a problem with parsing file XML in MFC, so Could you all help me for ex : i have file "D:\\a.xml" in a.xml : <abc>12345</abc> H...
[2 replies] Last: ... or TinyXML. (by kbw)
How to set up opengl stuff in codeblock?

I have tried many tutorials to set up opengl, but none of them work... Any suggestion of good tutorial or any other simple way ? By the way, I don't know wh...
[no replies]
How to design graphical component using GDI+

Hi, I want to know that how create graphical components using GDI+ like i have a box which will have input port/outport and those components can be connected...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks Andy for hint. (by cdeveloper)
_beginthread; How do I pass member function as parameter?

Here's my function: void Incoming(socketDataStruct *socketData); ..and here's how I try to pass it: _beginthread((void(__cdecl*)(void*))Incoming, 0, &...
[3 replies] Last: PS Just noticed you using a cast when calling _beginthread. It is sa... (by andywestken)
i need help with my programming assignment?!

ok i have a to do a code for a polybius and im stuck at trying to write this, i have a 6x6 square void GetCoordinates(square S, char c, int& Digi...
[1 reply] : Do it yourself and come back when you've had a go and run into problem... (by ausairman)
How do I create an array in an amp restricted function?

I'm using VC++11 and would like to know how I can create an array of arbitrary length in an amp restricted function: void mystruct::memberfun(unsigned int s...
[5 replies] Last: That function is not amp-restricted, so it won't work either. I think ... (by ausairman)
Screen capture is only running in debug mode

Hi guys, i'm a c++ beginner and i've copy this code from an example: /*screen capture example*/ #include <windows.h> #include <fstream> #include <stdi...
[3 replies] Last: @falkinator Local variables are allocated automatically , rather tha... (by andywestken)
Use std::string with Win32 API?

Ok so i was trying to pass the buffer from ReadFIle() to a std::string like so. string sBuffer; sBuffer.reserve(fileSize); // Read fileName and fill cBuffe...
[7 replies] Last: Actually, as some has pointed out to me on another thread, VC++ have b... (by andywestken)
Create high priority process

I have an application which starts a bunch of other processes. I need one of these processes to be "high-priority" as it is a real-time application (though it'...
[5 replies] Last: I repeated the little test on a Windows XP SP3 desktop PC, and both ca... (by andywestken)
Getting the Width of a Window

Hi, I need the width of a window. I try to do this as follows: LPRECT tarWnd = 0; GetClientRect(hWnd,tarWnd); int width = tarWnd->right - tarWnd->left;...
[5 replies] Last: If you think about a bit more... The signature of GetClientRect is: ... (by andywestken)
recv function freezes

i've been working same code as in this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY5IyX_KFJk code is identical to that one but when it comes to call recv(...
[8 replies] Last: okay, I fixed send function (and updated server code, and the problem ... (by Silvestar)
I need help!

This question has been resolved. Thank you for all your help. I'm trying to create a game using ASCII characters as a school project. This code serves as a p...
[10 replies] Last: I did not understand this part: 5. If you want to, you can cast the... (by closed account L0Shb7Xj)
MASM \ C++ x86 to x64 help

Hi, Sorry, for a short burst of question recently. I have been doing my project very much and I am having problems which are hard for me so I am asking here. ...
[4 replies] Last: To tell you more about this project to give you a understanding on why... (by closed account G309216C)
Creating a thumbnail

hello everyone I am trying to get thumbnail from a file,the same icons you see in windows explorer. this file can be of any type. however, I don't know how to...
[3 replies] Last: Cool! But you need to rework the way you handle errors a bit, as you ... (by andywestken)
May 2013 Pages: 12345... 9
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.