Windows Programming - May 2014

by jwilt
assembly language help

not sure if this is the right place for assembly language but if anyone could help at all it would be greatly appreciated. my assignment is : val1 = 35 val2 =...
[no replies]
win32 - the accelator key

we have controls(like buttons) and we can use the prefix '&'. how can i activate the accelerator key?
[4 replies] Last: yes (by Cambalinho)
about bit flags and keyboard

the WM_KEYUP\WM_KEYDOW\WM_CHAR messages are for control the keyboard. and the WPARAM give us the key values. i understand the WPARAM works in bit flags way... ...
[14 replies] Last: the RegisterHotKey() 4th argument can't be combined. so the GetAsyncK... (by Disch)
C++/CLI Form Application Compiling Issues

Okay, so I can compile a C++/CLI form application fine if I set the RunTime Library inside of Code Generation to Multi-Threaded DLL. When I try to compile as Mu...
[10 replies] Last: Try having the user install the Microsoft redistributable package on t... (by naraku9333)
Can't get rich edit to show on Win32 app

Hi, I am trying to place a rich edit on a Win32 app; the rich edit does not show. I have googled rich edits and looked at several pages and examples and none o...
[2 replies] Last: tath, Thank you. Fixing the values on lines 59 and 103 fixed everythi... (by MsPhelix)
Opening a Windows Help file

Hi, How do I open a Windows help file from a menu? I'm using Netbeans. Thx FC
[3 replies] Last: Use ShellExecute CHM file directly. Alternatively, use HtmlHelp functi... (by modoran)
by gudeh
How to change the 'keystate'

Hey there, I don't understand much about windows programing, though I'd like to make a program that copy a different string at the clipboard each time the user ...
[no replies]
Windows Form Programming

Hi , i want to ask you guys if i need to know windows form programming also if it usefull in profesional programing , or its just for fun ? i am still doing...
[1 reply] : For what it's worth, I'm an old UNIX guy. When I need to write a Windo... (by dhayden)
How to read from files with windows.h?

So, I am gonna keep trying, I haven't done this in a while and forgot how to do it, but anyway, I am reading from a file ("file.txt") and storing it into a char...
[2 replies] Last: Ok, I was gonna do fstream, but I felt like trying to be elaborate and... (by AceDawg45)
How do I load and display bitmap resources?

Hi, I've made a bitmap spritesheet of all the sprites for my game which is located in ".\\Sprites\\Spritesheet". I have then used ResEdit to make a rc file whi...
[4 replies] Last: Could you give an example of how to load a bitmap to memory, clip it s... (by shadowmouse)
by Garion
Loading Text File to Edit Control

Hello It's been a few months since I've tried to learn something for programming and figured I'd pick up where I left off on the winforgers tutorial. I've...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks.. you were correct and I had mixed up the open and save functio... (by Garion)
DrawText() called but doesn't display its text

Hi, I have a case WM_PAINT in my WndProc() function that correctly displays some text. first in my .h file LPCTSTR g_DisplayText = _T("when in the course of...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! That did it. However the InvalidateRect() call needs a thi... (by MsPhelix)
DirectX

Hello! My name is Dawood Rehman and I am 18 years old. I have been programming in C++ for an entire year. Now we are going to have a project in school which we ...
[no replies]
RadioGroup with Memo

Hello everybody :) I'm writing small application about mileage of Polish roads. I'm using C++Builder 6. My application looks like this: http://s3.postimg.org...
[1 reply] : if ( lista == NULL) delete Lista; Lista... (by tath)
Getting multdimensional array as input and returning a const unsigned char as output

Hi, I am trying to create a class to get the input as multidimensional array from another class as color width height and create an output as unsigned char[...
[1 reply] : dont manipulate vector by index the way you do - it is unsafe and er... (by tath)
How to have a button that does something?

So, I have a text edit box (hEdit; HMENU is "IDC_MAINEDIT") and a button (button; HMENU is "IDC_MAINBUTTON"). All I am trying to do, is type something in hEdit,...
[4 replies] Last: I' m happy I could help!!! :) :) :) (by Son)
by WeK
EXE built with VS2013 Toolset v120_xp crashes on Win 2003 Server ?

Hi, in VS 2013 I've created a new MFC application with the VS MFC Assistant with default options. Then I changed the toolset from default "v120" to "v120_xp" b...
[no replies]
by Warnax
Windows.h

Hi, can someone give me link, or write functions of this header? I dont want links to WinApi, I want where thif functions are described like: Sleep( ), SetCons...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, that was what i wanted;) (by Warnax)
Why Printing gets Slowed when using GDI Print API Functions

I am using these GDI Print API functions StartDoc,StartPage,EndPage,EndDoc . step 1:StartDoc(hdcprinter) step 2:StartPage(hdcprinter) {here I have ima...
[no replies]
Error using armadillo with code blocks

I am using mingw compiler in codeblocks. When I compile my code it is compiled perfectly. However while I run it, I get the following error. Although I have ...
[no replies]
May 2014 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.