Windows Programming - May 2014 (Page 2)

Separate line

DWORD dwFlags = pItemData->sBasicOp.dwFlags; CString szFlag; if( dwFlags ) { if ( dwFlags & TRADE_SALE) { szFlag+=( ID2GAME...
[no replies]
CTEXT control with multi-line text

Hi, I have a modal dialog that uses CTEXT to display a short line of text just fine. However, I really want to display a very long line in the CTEXT. I know ...
[4 replies] Last: Oh. no that gives error RC2104: undefined keyword or key name: \ (I'm... (by MsPhelix)
by Waras
2d char array in win32?

hello, I'm trying to create a simple game in win32, but the problem I have is don't know how to convert or initialize 2d char array the right way, I have alread...
[3 replies] Last: @NT3 thanks for reply, but I really want to learn win32 first so I co... (by Waras)
C++ Get File Details From File?

Hello To All! I made an anti-cheat dll i wanna add some functions for protection , i will enum all off modules of my process then i will get the path of module...
[1 reply] : I'm not sure if I understand your question right, but I think you want... (by plexus)
how to run msdn code

private: void InitializeMyButton() { // Create and initialize a Button. Button^ button1 = gcnew Button; // Set the button to retu...
[2 replies] Last: i have tried these msdn codes many times but result zero. plz any one ... (by monirul72)
Windows 95/98/ME paging file vs x86 paging?

When you turn off paging in windows (95/98/me), does this also turn off the paging feature in the x86 CPU (bit 31 of CR0, the PG bit)? Does it only disable the ...
[4 replies] Last: Is the PG bit of CR0 left on? The short answer to this question is ... (by Computergeek01)
GNU Gettext and windows localization

Hi all - I've been using gettext library in my MSVC-compiled application (x86) using these instructions from the GNU site (https://www.gnu.org/software/get...
[2 replies] Last: Compile gettext and all depedencies yourself from source code using MS... (by modoran)
by tec23
I really need help

Hi. I have created a text editor. Everything works fine except there is this text file when i load it, I can't type any characeter keys in it. All i can type is...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=msdn]Before EM_SETLIMITTEXT is called, the default limit for th... (by TwilightSpectre)
by PacR
Change location of control in runtime.

Hello, im trying to make label to follow my mouse cursor while my left mouse button is down. How i get mouse position: static int x,y; private: System::...
[no replies]
Beginner who needs help

I'm trying to create a program but have no idea how to start. I do have one part of the code but not the rest. These are the guidelines: Write a C++ progr...
[4 replies] Last: Your logic isn't quite right because you set havealpha=false after eac... (by dhayden)
passing parameters to a file

I was wondering how you could pass parameters to a program? e.g: dir /O I was wondering how you could pass arguments, /O , to a program....
[1 reply] : That depends on the library you want/have to use. In the Windows CRT ... (by plexus)
String Format PRIu64

I am working on cRTMPServer, however the documentation is sparse and the Google Groups page is also inactive. Contacting the project creators has not succeeded ...
[1 reply] : Access violation reading location 0x00001258 this tells you that the... (by Cubbi)
help SFML

how to setup the SFML 2.1 in c++?.... i new in SFML need help..
[5 replies] Last: [quote=Fredbill]Change the subystem from SUBSYSTEM_CONSOLE TO SUBSYST... (by a k n)
by Son
WM_RBUTTONDOWN

Hey guys... :) I am trying to use the WM_RBUTTONDOWN message but I can't!!! It seems like I haven't understood it yet! Anyway, if anyone could give any informat...
[5 replies] Last: Oh. Well, I am fairly new to windows programming, so thanks for the ad... (by AceDawg45)
Winsock2 Threads blocking each other

hi guys, i have a program with two threads. Both of them use a Winsock2 udp socket to send data. Now it seems that on one of the pc's the sending thread is b...
[5 replies] Last: You're using threads, right? So why are you using that message based ... (by kbw)
by PacR
Accessing private mambers from different class.

For example i have two files: 1: "Form1.h" 2: "Form2.h" How to access Form2 class private members from Form1 class? And vice versa. Form1.h code: #pr...
[4 replies] Last: I looked a lot about this in google and looks like there is no decent ... (by PacR)
Can someone translate this to english?

19.356 1.292.60 Can someone please translate to me in english what this code here does thanks >:) Ant int __fastcall encryptHook(void *pthis, void* unk,...
[1 reply] : It's already in english xd (by Favor98)
Visual Studio won't read text files?

So I'm developing in C++ with the latest version of Visual Studio Desktop, however it refuses to open any text file unless it is in the same directory as the so...
[4 replies] Last: The "issue" is, the working directory isn't equivalent to the exe dire... (by S G H)
Img model display

I got a question but I don't really know how to ask it, hopefully I'll be able to explain it as best as I can. So I know how to display an image/text in stat...
[no replies]
by brick2
spaces file names c++

I am aware that this question has been asked over and over again, but I just can get it to work, I wonder who was the genius that came up with the idea to have ...
[6 replies] Last: It may need admin permissions since on Windows 7 some folders are prot... (by S G H)
May 2014 Pages: 1234... 6
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.