Windows Programming - November 2012

using random to generate strings..

Now ,Random()[or rand()] is ,in my knowledge generally and only used to get random integers.. Suppose, I want to generate a random 3-character string that ma...
[3 replies] Last: string rand3LetterStr() { char temp ; for (int i = 0; i < 3; ++i)... (by tntxtnt)
Moving a bitmap in a window

Hi All. I am new to GDI programming. I need to write an app that upon receipt of a timer message I move a bitmap in the client window. I know how to draw...
[2 replies] Last: If you talking about a fly in front of a fixed bitmap, you don't have ... (by andywestken)
Send Simple Email..

i found this code on stackoverflow #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <fstream.h> #include <iostream.h> #inc...
[3 replies] Last: Works with gmail, but SMTP must first be activated from gmail settings... (by modoran)
by lmsmi1
Icon in Button (Without making the button in resources)

Is there a way to add an image to a button WITHOUT CREATING THE BUTTON IN A RESOURCE FILE ? Like use LoadImage() to load the icon, and then SendMessage() t...
[2 replies] Last: Well, I'm not using BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, and it compiles successfully, bu... (by lmsmi1)
How to draw a cube?

I do my homework test, it puzzles me: A cube is made up of twelve lines. Write a function that draws a cube to the client area of a window. I was stuck t...
[5 replies] Last: Normally, a cube would certainly need 3 dimensions to be defined as it... (by Ogoyant)
help! <Multithreading> MFC

I want write an application to manage all process of clients in my classroom (single Server and multiple Clients). But I don't know how to code. I'm a newbie. ...
[5 replies] Last: One way you could do this, is to have all client apps broadcast (multi... (by kbw)
The fastest method to create a WinAPI program

Hi... I discovered, a method that no need to spend too much your time to build a new Window. And more importantly, it just requires two code. Then your program...
[4 replies] Last: I think dialog is important and useful, like some floating tool box in... (by ylxin1993)
Program crash :(

This program crashes at the end and i have no idea why :( I want it to transform my .txt file into a .bin file it makes the file correctly and everything but it...
[5 replies] Last: its c code implemented in c++ code. (by Aramil of Elixia)
how to handle the unicode

I saw a book it doesn't use the unicode, but I use VS 2010, it default uses the unicode. my book segment(no unicode): char msgText ; SendMessage(hComb...
[3 replies] Last: You can also convert your code to make it unicode. wchar_t msgText ; ... (by S G H)
window handling

it is known that DialogBoxParam function work after you pass the ID control of window as a parameter but there is no ID control of window in visual studio ........
[5 replies] Last: so that is why .... thank you all....it was my biggest proplem (by Clearner1)
i need help??????????????

Hi I am a software engineering student, can anyone help me please., I have many problems in the C + + programming. My teacher gave me a project Jvabshv Please e...
[1 reply] : I'm pretty sure nobody wants to do your homework, unless you're willin... (by maeriden)
Working with DLL functions

1st the compiler output obj\app\hexGUI_dbLoad.o:hexGUI_dbLoad.cpp:(.text+0x3103): undefined reference to `_imp__GetTxtFromUI' obj\app\hexGUI_dbLoad.o:hexGU...
[6 replies] Last: I understand what you're saying and I agree however the reason I left ... (by awsdert)
Counting letters in a string (1,2)

I would like to know how I should go about counting letters in a string. I want to count letters in a string so that I can do math with each letter count and di...
[28 replies] Last: Those are compiler errors. To fix them you just need to use the right ... (by andywestken)
Priority:Program Problem

I am having trouble receiving the correct results with my rock-paper-scissors program. It is simply stating the player wins every time, and I cannot find the pr...
[no replies]
Priority: Realtime

I'm developing an application which is supposed to run in real-time on a dedicated cabinet of machines. I'm having trouble actually meeting realtime as the...
[1 reply] : If I remember correctly, the "real-time" priority for processes is the... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by flony
vs 2008 vs. vs 2012

Hello friends, I was raised a doubt, if you wanted, you could have installed VisualStudio 2008 and VisualStudio 2012? ... are incompatible to have them together...
[5 replies] Last: The only justification for moving off XP is 64bit. In my view, there'... (by kbw)
Managing multicard net in a FTP client

Hallo to everybody, I'm in a deep trouble. I'm developing a Gateway between two FTP servers. In the 1st server the gateway has to read only the files, while i...
[1 reply] : The programs shouldn't have to discover this themselves. You should p... (by kbw)
problem with my painting ellipse program

I write a simple drawing ellipse program, I want to implement draw different outline ellipse, but my code doesn't work well with the line color, here's part of ...
[no replies]
some problem, beginnger of windows programming

0. what does SelectObject mean? I saw in MSDN : The SelectObject function selects an object into the specified device context (DC). The new object replaces th...
[4 replies] Last: Its (by KeriNix)
Help with program please :)

This is the program that I have tried to make re evaluate values in an array. I can't really put my finger on what is wrong... Here is the code it generates som...
[8 replies] Last: I found my mistake :) I forgot the ++ar in this while loop: while(i ... (by closed account ETAkoG1T)
November 2012 Pages: 123... 7
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.