Windows Programming - November 2013 (Page 2)

Which is the best programming language for developing GUI for my AV ? (1,2)

Hi all, Which is the best programming language for developing GUI for my AV ? Have you seen the user interface of avast 8 and kaspersky? I want such a beauti...
[25 replies] Last: @DTSCode: who are we talking about?? If I follow correctly, we are ta... (by IWishIKnew)
Adding Functionality to Buttons

I am making a calculator in VC++ using CLR. How do I give buttons functionality? A: I want to have each button add a number or operator to textbox1. B: I am b...
[1 reply] : didn't work on CLR for ages, but I think this works... private: Syst... (by Silvestar)
by z214
Can't input value to the variable. Ifstream in win32 gui

I am a student on a final project. I'm writing an apps that read from csv in win32 app. But I'm not using CStdioFile. I'm using ifstream. This is my code for re...
[1 reply] : Tell us what's the error u get and on what line. Btw try using OPENFIL... (by Silvestar)
reading dlls through an inherited lib

Is it possible to create and export a base class dll, so that its lib is compatible with derived classes as long as there's no new declarations (and the declara...
[3 replies] Last: And how would it be possible to link in these dlls with the program d... (by kbw)
Compiler/Linker problem

Need help resolving these zxWINDOW_opDel.c.obj||warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol _free imported| zxTBOX_opDel.c.obj||warning LNK4049: locally defined s...
[2 replies] Last: Never mind, I tried undefining _DLL and that solved it, I honestly t... (by awsdert)
by Foxar
SDL: Project.exe triggered a breakpoint.

Hello. Im trying to set up a simple map editor that saves the x and y positions of blocks to a .txt file, but i seem to have a problem with creation of new elem...
[1 reply] : Nevermind it was a dumb error, i tried to assign values to clips when... (by Foxar)
cannot find filepath permission denied

one error every time i try to compile this script http://www.directxtutorial.com/Lesson.aspx?lessonid=9-4-4 towards the bottom of the page main.cpp "id.exe can...
[5 replies] Last: i tried firewall and antivirus disabling which did not work :/ is visu... (by pixelpuffin)
Terminate a child process of a parent process created using CreateProcess

I trying to execute a batch script via the CreateProcess method in C++. This batch script in turn launches a JVM to execute a java class. When I want to ter...
[6 replies] Last: Regarding your code, if there are more than one java applications run... (by andywestken)
by aggsyb
Getting/Sending Mouse co-ords to window

This is a repost from the beginners forum as I couldn't get any replies: Hey I dug out an old game I used to play and just started playing again (in windowed m...
[no replies]
Problem with directX

Mission: draw f****** triangle Completed: Only Black Screen Appears Problem: Triangle is not drawn More Problem: Code compiles without errors, creates all va...
[no replies]
Game console

Hi do you guy remeber those old games that you get to play with a stick similar to this:https://www.google.ro/search?q=8+bit+consoles&sa=X&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source...
[1 reply] : This is more of a Beginners question. You could go 32-bit, or you cou... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
minimize CDialog without OnActivate

According to my loggings my CDialog is minimized without running through my OnActivate function. Is there any scenario, which can explain this behavior?
[no replies]
by KakTyc
Encoding for German umlauts

Hello, I'm having a problem with encoding and don't really know, where to begin. So, I'm going to describe it in detail: I wrote a little programm with GU...
[5 replies] Last: This one is a good starting point (as the article title suggests): htt... (by JockX)
by x00000
c programming ends execution

hello, i am trying to learn c and every time i run my program it wont scan new input when i press enter. the program finishes execution... what do i do to fi...
[1 reply] : The only reasonable answear is: don't make the program terminate until... (by JockX)
by Mercur
Save all phrases key

Hello,Making a text editor in c++ but i need some help.When + key is pressed while in write screen,must save all the sentences.Can anyone help me? Thanks
[1 reply] : Can you give us some details? Which library do you use: Win32 or MFC ... (by plexus)
Global Variables

I had developed a small application based on WIN API. This application contains 7 projects where some are dependents on others. My problem is that I defined and...
[9 replies] Last: I really appreciate your discussion where it contains important inform... (by ahbazzi)
by Nedim1
How to draw images in SFML and check if the mouse is over them? (1,2)

Ok guys here's my question how to draw images in SFML,and check if the mouse is over them.And if you could include an example in code I would really appreciate ...
[28 replies] Last: I don't even see him declaring the object anywhere.. Also you should ... (by giblit)
Enable the checkbox to check/uncheck again

I have an application with a checkbox. I want it to retain the state of the checkbox between runs (exits the application and comes back again). If the user had ...
[no replies]
How to reorder acls set by SetNamedSecurityInfo() ?

Hi all, back after a long time... How to reorder acls set by SetNamedSecurityInfo() ? I locked a folder denying access to admin now when i try to unlock it w...
[2 replies] Last: My program is elevated. It has SeTakeOwnerShip privilege and SeDebugN... (by closed account 3hMz8vqX)
WS_EX_COMPOSITED problem

Hello guys, I've got a problem with WS_EX_COMPOSITED. The window is not redrawing after resize if I use WS_EX_COMPOSITED in the parent window. Here's the...
[1 reply] : please help (by Crazy Driver)
November 2013 Pages: 1234... 6
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.