Windows Programming - November 2017

Function being executed partially

Hey guys, i am new to this forum so pardon me if there are any mistakes in my question or if i am at wrong section. So, i am making this complex kind of projec...
[2 replies] Last: Well the code itself is very complex i won't be able to explain here. ... (by Ryancit2)
Visual Studio 2017 and Windows Programming

I just ordered a book "Beginning Game Programming" by Michael Morrison. I really like the projects(http://www.informit.com/store/beginning-game-programming-978...
[9 replies] Last: For a very basic introduction to both Windows and Game programming the... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
System Monitor development

Help with the development of the utility for Windows, I need to develop a system monitor, with GUI support
[no replies]
The BEST and most straightforward way to read key inputs??

Forum members, I have seen MANY topics on capturing multiple (simultaneous) keystrokes inside a Windows application here and frankly there are many great sug...
[6 replies] Last: Jaybob, Awesome! I will consider this topic solved then. I apprecia... (by Xanadu4ever)
SHGetSpecialFolderPath and SHGetKnownFolderPath!

Hello, i use Visual Studio 2013 and MFC if i call direct my compiled exe and we give a trace for this function, i will found the right directory like this: S...
[no replies]
by stav
where is vcvarsall on vs2017?

where is vcvarsall.bat located in vs2017? i found a file called vcvars.bat but it doesn't seem to work
[1 reply] : Did you include "Desktop development with C++" in the installation? I... (by Jaybob66)
Toolbar background

Hello, How can I change the background colour of a toolbar with a gradient ? FC.
[2 replies] Last: I'm using the Windows API. (by Fractal Cat)
C++/CLI unresolved extern with SHGetFolderPath

Hello I'm trying to learn how to make form applications This is a simple app that gets %appdata% path after pressing a button. The syntax looks good so I ...
[2 replies] Last: All right, that worked. I totally forgot it thanks! (by Mario Valentino)
by ubaidm
Time controlled execution of algorithm

Hello dear all, I need some advice with delaying my execution. There is a piece of algorithm that i want to run only once in every 500ms. Thereby i used "G...
[1 reply] : Running your algorithm, then waiting for 500ms isn't the same thing as... (by kbw)
by stav
setting c++ std to c++98 ?

I tried changing the c++ version to c++98 on the msvc compiler by using the /std:c++98 option but it said it was unrecognized ? i also tried setting it t...
[3 replies] Last: you'll need to find a compiler that doesn't support any C++14 featur... (by Ganado)
by Ganado
msys2 + mingw building performance

I'm trying to build some libraries, and some of them don't make it easy to build on Windows. Various places suggest using msys or the updated msys2 with MinGW t...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the confirmation. (by Ganado)
C++ problem with output

Hey! So I wrote this code: #include <iostream> #include <math.h> using namespace std; int main() { int a,b,c; double x1,x2,delta; cin>>a; ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks pal! (by redikus)
High memory usage

Hello all, I have developed a program in VS c++ which is about the solving of a large system of non-linear equations. I added a new solver to my program as a...
[8 replies] Last: I'd recommend you to watch out with spending all of your memory as it ... (by benhart)
Cursor disable after the setText call

Hi All, I am working on Qt, here I am facing one issue which is the QLineEdit control. The problem is after I made any operation on the control the cursor is di...
[1 reply] : I don't recall that the standard edit control supplied by Windows has ... (by freddie1)
by kopev
cpuid and frequency/cores

Hello, I have a question about the instruction __cpuid if the processor is overclocked or some core disabled does the returned value from cpuid will change ? ...
[1 reply] : I think using WinAPI will be more useful to you (or at least easier to... (by JayhawkZombie)
Graphics library hints

Greetings, ii come out of a long period of experience with c++ terminal restricted coding and Game Maker graphical applications. Then i clashed with GM's syste...
[4 replies] Last: I know how to "draw transparent sprites, texts and rectangles, with tr... (by ineedastupidusername)
make video timed to music out of images

I came from a python background, and installed c++/mingw/codeblocks 2 days ago. My skill level is I can make pacman in python/pygame but am new/fumbly in c++. I...
[5 replies] Last: I don't know if you call ffmpeg within your program or use the wind... (by mbozzi)
dev c++ gui program

hey guys, ive been working on dev c++ for a little while now, mostly practicing command line programs. i wanted to know if it is possible to make a fully functi...
[1 reply] : http://www.jose.it-berater.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=3389.0 Doesn'... (by freddie1)
How to create DLL

I have created a function that I want to use in IDL. But I don't know how to create a DLL to export this function. I am working with visual studio 2017.
[1 reply] : Here is a tutorial for VS 2015 but it should work with VS2017 as well:... (by Thomas1965)
by rXp
[MingW] Undefined reference BUT find it with "nm"

Hello, I am trying to make SSL work with boost ASIO. I am on windows and using MingW 6.3. I built OpenSSL 1.1, 1.0 and 0.8 with MingW when I try to link them ...
[1 reply] : Order of included libraries does matter, sometimes the same library ne... (by modoran)
November 2017 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [oct2017] [dec2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.