Windows Programming - November 2021

Enable/Disable ListView rows

I have an OverView window with 2 ListViews. In this OverView window, none of the ListView rows can be selected as it is just a scrollable data window. Each Li...
[7 replies] Last: The SetFocus didn't fix it, but the EnableWindow function is perfect. ... (by dodge55)
by volang
Problem with C++/PHP setup

My problem is partly c++, but also php. Nevertheless, I still hope that someone has time to take a look at this from this forum. This problem is difficult to e...
[2 replies] Last: Here is all the files used in the project. Nothing is excluded https:/... (by volang)
Font resizing/bold/italic on the fly

Is there a way to create a default version of a font (say Ariel) with CreateFont and then make changes to the size, boldness, or italic without having to create...
[3 replies] Last: there is something called a LOGFONT that is either the underlying thin... (by jonnin)

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> int main() { if( std::ifstream file{ "empdepart.txt" } ) // if the file is opened for input { const int...
[no replies]
How do you login to a https server using C++?

Hello, I want to login to a http server and login to it using C++. If someone has a idea on how to do it please leave a reply, thanks.
[3 replies] Last: Your English is fine. It all depends on the site. If it's CGI, you p... (by kbw)
hiding ListViews

Thanks to everyone's comments on prior Win32 questions as I go from an embedded world to Win32. Different animal, but not that terribly hard. Just a lot of ex...
[3 replies] Last: yes, and an entirely hidden window 'scratch pad' can do wonders as som... (by jonnin)
by mbozzi
Why add zero to the result of sizeof?

Consider the macro definition below, from Microsoft's Visual C runtime. What is the purpose of adding zero to the result of sizeof ? It may incur some impl...
[9 replies] Last: Cheers, guys! 4 Programming. (by c90a78)
So what should I do when I accidentally deleted Microsoft Visual C++ ?

I accidentally deleted Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable (x64) on my computer, making some software currently running on the machine faulty, and it ...
[4 replies] Last: I saw that, But I thought it was an update to an already installed 201... (by seeplus)
opening folders

hello so i wanted to open a folder using c++, i found a post already but that didn't work, it would just open documents instead of the folder i wanted. the cod...
[9 replies] Last: nothing. its how you interpret "if anybody can help me with opening t... (by jonnin)
trying to make a zsh-like shell for windows

hi, i'm trying to make a zsh-like shell for windows, but i'm having some trouble to do command parsing, pipe handling, etc on windows because every tutorial i f...
[14 replies] Last: yeah. (by retro 64K)
Scrollable Region - not entire window

I have some tabs (really menus) across the top of my window used to go to other windows. When I scroll, I don't want the menus to scroll with it. How can I de...
[5 replies] Last: I found the problem, but don't know why exactly. ScrollWindow and Scr... (by dodge55)
by ne555
aaa

you aren't using parameters... int select_key(); //consider `string encrypt_cipher(int key, string message)' to avoid i/o in the function void encrypt_cipher(i...
[no replies]
Setup a Windows Store app to install a cursor pack

Hi all, I am fairly new to using VS and was hoping to create an app for the Windows Store that will install a cursor pack. I have written two files, an insta...
[2 replies] Last: I have done a search for uploading to the store. It's mainly the code ... (by stevehero)
Moving a runtime image across the window efficiently

I'm not sure how to do this efficiently and without jitter, so I'll ask. I created a runtime image (using rectangles, lines, ellipses). Using that function th...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for that answer. My app is simple. The image is static and th... (by dodge55)
  Archived months: [oct2021] [dec2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.